Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

Things that bug me. .........People who wash up in the wash blocks when they have a sink in the 'van, next to the cooker. ..........Last week on a Norfolk CC site (one was invited, wasn't one)........a good 60% of ppl walked (sometimes in the rain) to wash up, carrying everything.

Also ppl who won't use the 'van loo ever and one person last week has never used the cooker (keeps it clean and new), and bought a separate cooker to use in the awning.

You see. I'm perfect but its all the others that are a pain in the neck - but I do enjoy watching them all - especially arrival and departure time.

:rolleyes: Well said - I quite agree

Me too. ... 'cos they're usually the anti-dog, anti-kid brigade. . :D

Can a mod close this thread now? I promise to wait 24hrs then I'll post a new topic.

Titled - "Kids playing and dog poo - who wants to sound off?"

Oh, just thought. ..

I must admit I quite like the observational posts. ... so can we move away from whinging and move to "I saw a guy drive from one end of the field to the gate to empty his toilet cassette" - I have seen that a few times now on sites.

With respect, I'm beginning to feel I'm posting in a different language! :)

Where did I post "particular type of clientele"?

I posted "respective clientele" which could in fact be the same caravaners on different breaks wanting a different type of holiday.

To be clear - in my opinion, and that's all it is, you simply cannot compare the ambience, facilities or type of holiday experience you are going to have on lets say the"Blue Dolphin" as you will have on, lets say "Meathop Fell" CC site. If you are unable to see the fundamental difference between the two types of site, then I am wasting my time trying to explain.

The point I have been labouring to make is that there is nothing at all wrong with either type of site, but some one who books in at Meathop expecting a Blue Dolphin experience is going to be disappointed and vice-versa.

I am not, repeat not, belittling or criticising either one. I have enjoyed both in my time, and hope to continue doing so, as my grandaughter is starting to tag along.

I'm away for a wee lie down now? ;)

That's me told then.

Edited by Elephant

:lol:

That's me told then.

sure did. .! I often wonder if we'd speak to each other face to face like some posts.

My view of myself is that I can be opinionated and sometimes humourously sarcastic. I do prefer humour and straight forwardness.

so when posting - think - would I say that to someones face? In my case I would.

That's me told then.

:lol:

sure did. .! I often wonder if we'd speak to each other face to face like some posts.

My view of myself is that I can be opinionated and sometimes humourously sarcastic. I do prefer humour and straight forwardness.

so when posting - think - would I say that to someones face? In my case I would.

Didn't say anything in that post I wouldn't say to Elephant face to face. :huh:

I was trying to express my exasperation in a fairly lighthearted way, hence the use of the smileys.

Seems the written word doesn't work as well as the spoken! ;)

Things that bug me. .........People who wash up in the wash blocks when they have a sink in the 'van, next to the cooker. ..........Last week on a Norfolk CC site (one was invited, wasn't one)........a good 60% of ppl walked (sometimes in the rain) to wash up, carrying everything.

Sorry for bugging you. We're part of the 60%. We like good washing up facilities and do the days washing up in the evening. Don't like the idea of washing up 3 or 4 times a day. We can have a good scrub at the pans and splash around a bit, and sometimes things even get sociable at the washing up area.

By the way, it doesn't bug me that you wash up in your caravan because we sometimes do that too when we only have a few to do. All the best.

Gordon

Didn't say anything in that post I wouldn't say to Elephant face to face. :huh:

I never said that you did?

"I often wonder if we'd speak to each other face to face like some posts."

I didnt say your post, I was generalising. (Given some other tit for tat threads, which is where this is headed :rolleyes: )

If you took an inference from that sentence that I was referring to you then that is a mis-understanding.

B)

This thread has now become rather tedious, I wonder why :rolleyes: .

But, regards to washing up. I don't take my washing up to the block, but understand why people do. You have more space to wash up etc. It doesn't however bug me if people do it, it's up to them.

People not cleaning up after them in the showers really annoys me!!

As long as nee ones dog dumps outside me van and the folk next door divn't moan who cares, crack on, I'm ganna enjoy meself. . :P

Right. .....back to the original thread.

Something that drives us up the wall is having someone parking on our pitch. In May, we went to Cornwall and our super pitch had a hard-standing. When the caravan was placed into position, we couldn't park our car to the left of it, as the next door neighbours had two cars and one of them was alongside our van. The owner did say he would move it when we arrived and my husband said that there was no hurry, thinking he would move it in the next half hour. Four days later the car was still there! Every time the people went out they took the other car! On our way out for the day I happened to mention it to the campsite owner and he confirmed it was part of our pitch where the car was. He apologised for not marking out the pitches and said he would see to it straight away. When we came back that evening he had marked them out with creosote. It transpired that both the neighbours cars were on our pitch! The cars were moved after that.

When we went to a CC site last week, again we found our neighbours car where we should have parked ours. We didn't want a repeat of our Cornwall holiday so I asked him politely, straight away, if he would move it. The pitches were not marked out. He then went on about there not being any rules about where one should park. I pointed out that normally the awning went one side of the caravan and the car the other. He didn't know this despite the fact that the campsite was for members only. It could have caused problems for the rest of the pitches if we had to put our car next to our awning. The gentleman concerned muttered something to his neighbour about regiments and rules but sometimes there has to be some rules especially when pitches aren't marked out. The warden had insisted that we parked with the peg in the middle of the back of our van. He came around later to inspect the pitches and in one case because someone hadn't parked properly, he moved the peg! He said that the chief warden, on his evening inspection, would not have been pleased had he have seen how the person had parked!!

My main bug then are pitches that aren't clearly marked and people who infringe on our pitches.

I always inwardly groan when people park across the front of their pitch, especially if I am reversing onto a pitch opposite and it's a bit tight!

To my mind if it's a hard standing pitch, nobody else but yourself should be parking on the gravel bit. I would soon shift anybody who I thought was infringing onto the pitch allocated to me.

We've got a continental caravan, so unless we turn our 'van around, that gives me a headache remembering where I should park the car! :o

Sorry to lower the tone, but last year while in France, some filthy, ill bred little ******* decorated the toilet wall with there own mess. There was a group of English boys maybe around 12 or so laughing as I went in to the toilet block. Makes you wonder what their homes are like, doesn't it ?

That's disgusting and a particularly sick act to carry out. I probably would have been physically sick.

Some people have no respect for anything or anybody. Yes, the culprit's home would probably be delightful.

I felt sorry for the staff who cleaned the facilities.

When I asked the kids if they did it they just ran off. Pigs have better habits.

It annoys me that children on Caravan Club sites have to pay while owners of 3,4,5 dogs don't.

I love children on site - I hate dogs or possibly their inconsiderate owners. Recently on a Caravan Club site there were four dogs in one neigbours van, three on the other side and four dogs across the lane - when one started to bark - you can imagine!!

Gari

Kids leave more mess and are far more obnoxious than any dogs. Please don't argue with me. I am right. I know I am right because I used to be one of the obnoxious kids. :unsure:

Kids leave more mess and are far more obnoxious than any dogs. Please don't argue with me. I am right. I know I am right because I used to be one of the obnoxious kids. :unsure:

Got kids of your own ? :D

I won't argue but I still think dog owners should pay for their great joys - someone has to empty the poo bins!!

Parents at least pay for their children.

But mind you there are no problem children - only problem parents! And i suppose there are no problem dogs - onl problem dog owners.

There we go David - i've had my rant - all the best

Gari

Guest Robin
I won't argue but I still think dog owners should pay for their great joys - someone has to empty the poo bins!!

Parents at least pay for their children.

But mind you there are no problem children - only problem parents! And i suppose there are no problem dogs - onl problem dog owners.

There we go David - i've had my rant - all the best

Gari

What poo bin's? on 99% of site's that I have been to they don't exist, owner's have to take their dog/dog's off site yet we are charged anything from £1-£3 per night per dog what a rip off considering that the site owner's don't do a damn thing except collect lovely revenue for doing nothing.

Edited by Robin

The people behind me on a site this week who had an electric heater going for hours in the awning whilst they sat outside, plus the fact they had no respect for the people around them as they were talking loudly until well gone 12pm. Not a child or dog in sight.

I hate pitching up then finding I've got some English person for a neighbour. What a bunch of whingers they are.

" You Scotch don't 'arf talk funnia yoo doo. And all that free medical care wot we're paying for, and free transport and prescriptions and teeth and no tolls on the bridges"

Whinge. ..whinge. ..whinge.

For me:

Dirty loos! - why do people not clean them after use!

Showers with poor pressure and sites with inadequate hot water!

Sites that put pitches right next to chemical disposal points. ..

Stamjamaar

Hi,

Regarding dogs and children, my thoughts are for every badly behaved dog there's usually a poor dog owner and for every badly behaved child there's usually poor standards of parenting. Or am I being too simplistic?

While on the subject of people parking on other's pitches, last year at Rowntree Park (if anything is to happen to us it usually happens on that site for some reason :D ) we arrived back to fins a motorhome 'snuggled' in next to our caravan! They had kindly moved our sat dish and laid it on the ground because we were encroaching on their pitch! I know some of the pitches are large but not that big!

Anyway much embarrassment, and frenetic apologies later, they moved to their own pitch. I just found it quite funny :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi,

Regarding dogs and children, my thoughts are for every badly behaved dog there's usually a poor dog owner and for every badly behaved child there's usually poor standards of parenting. Or am I being too simplistic?

While on the subject of people parking on other's pitches, last year at Rowntree Park (if anything is to happen to us it usually happens on that site for some reason :D ) we arrived back to fins a motorhome 'snuggled' in next to our caravan! They had kindly moved our sat dish and laid it on the ground because we were encroaching on their pitch! I know some of the pitches are large but not that big!

Anyway much embarrassment, and frenetic apologies later, they moved to their own pitch. I just found it quite funny :D,

Regards,

Ian.

Should have taken a picture of it. Off topic bit I saw an awning last weekend that I presumed was halfway through being put up as it was not just a little bit loose it appeared that one or more poles was missing. When I was filling up my water the next day it was still looking exactly the same. We'd had really strong winds and I'd been up twice in the night checking my awning for tightness and was pleased everything was ok, goodness knows how theirs was still in place. I wanted to go and take a picture but the wife told me I couldn't as it was rude. Wish I had done now :)

I have another hate now after returning from a few days at the Netley Marsh Steam Engine Rally . ..and what am I complaining about? Generators. :angry: How can anyone justify making so much noise when there are neighbouring caravans all around.

People moan about children and dogs but people who have generators, in my opinion, are just being selfish. With gas cookers and fridges a battery should keep the other things ticking over for more than a few days. The only reason I could think of why they would need a generator is if they wanted to watch a lot of tv, but surely they should forego this for the sake of allowing their neighbours peace and quiet.

Have I stirred up a can of worms here?

Sign in to follow this