Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

Guest Taid

What really gets up my nose is after pulling onto a Cl and setting up, someone else comes along and, with the whole field to choose from, pitches the regulation 25 feet away (and then fires up the B. ..y BARBECUE with whatever stink-lighter is currently in fashion)

I think this thread was started with What Bugs you on Sites?

Well . ... this might seem a little odd but here goes!

People who pack up or arrive whilst I'm out walking/inside dozing and then leave before I wake in the morning! They are the WORST! Why? Because I just love people watching.

Be honest we are a fairly weird bunch, trundling around with our little house on wheels, putting up giant tents to give us more space, unloading our microwaves(well I don't) and half the garden furniture from our 'proper house' into said tent.

Some of the best entertainment - I'm not being unkind, just honest - is watching the 'domestic's develop him v her/dad's v young not helping/the awful realisation somat vital has been left at home. Or the poor couple who got out of their car to discover the jockey wheel was no longer there, and the true Laurel & Hardy moment as they just stood and looked. We did all help them I promise.

I think the best is the first awning of the season, forgotton order of poles, awning back to front. ... you know what I mean!

Be honest we all love watching these sorts of things!

Roll on the next barney with old man, cos I get to drink wine while he sorts out the 'mess' I've made & I know somebody's been watching and smiling at our antics! Happy days!

Ah the correct way of caravaning smile at all the fun things going on around you. :lol: Then all the wrong things happen to me :angry: . I bet everyone laughs at me entertainment for the masses. :rolleyes: Such fun :D

Chris L

I am sure in time there wil be sites for only 1 van. Seems like most of the things that bugs people is other people actions or lack of them, you would have thought after all these years of evolution we would able to get along.

What bugs me on sites, often depends on the mood I am in or how much falling down juice has been consumed, I seem far more tolerant the more I have .

People who pitch alongside you when there are plenty of other empty pitches available

Old whingers with nothing better to do with their time than moan about dogs, children, noise, fun!! Thats what bugs me about caravan sites. You lot are welcome to the CC sites as they are boring anyway but don't book into a Haven then moan about folk having fun. My family caravan because it is a inexpensive holiday for us. It would either be that or we wouldn't get away. But I think not only have most of you forgotten what your family was like when they were younger but you would actually be more suited to renting a farmhouse/cottage miles from civilisation. It would certainly be better for the rest of us who holiday to have a good time and enjoy ourselves.

And yes, I am the family that was parked next to you with the loud kids playing with bikes and balls and walking their dog(she is their responsibility after all). And no, I make no apologies, you old whingers!!

Old whingers with nothing better to do with their time than moan about dogs, children, noise, fun!!

But aren't you now a whinger as you are whinging about whingers ?

Less of the old :rolleyes: and not all of us use CC sites a big no no for us!

Edited by herald333

Not too fond of older people in their 2 berths who give my and my kids a disapproving look the moment we pitch up <_<

Edited by jan69c

how true. People do like to pre-judge.

Old whingers with nothing better to do with their time than moan about dogs, children, noise, fun!! Thats what bugs me about caravan sites. You lot are welcome to the CC sites as they are boring anyway but don't book into a Haven then moan about folk having fun. My family caravan because it is a inexpensive holiday for us. It would either be that or we wouldn't get away. But I think not only have most of you forgotten what your family was like when they were younger but you would actually be more suited to renting a farmhouse/cottage miles from civilisation. It would certainly be better for the rest of us who holiday to have a good time and enjoy ourselves.

And yes, I am the family that was parked next to you with the loud kids playing with bikes and balls and walking their dog(she is their responsibility after all). And no, I make no apologies, you old whingers!!

Nail on head!

That's exactly why we exclusively use CC sites!

The problem starts when you Haven bunch decide to join us and treat it like a Haven site!! :P:lol:

Why do some CC members think that commercial sites are populated by "lesser mortals"?

Incidentally I am a CC member and use CC sites and commercial sites. There's good and bad wherever you go. Selfish inconsiderate people are everywhere!

Sharon

Why do some CC members think that commercial sites are populated by "lesser mortals"?

Incidentally I am a CC member and use CC sites and commercial sites. There's good and bad wherever you go. Selfish inconsiderate people are everywhere!

Sharon

Hi Sharon good post.

Mention certain holiday companies on here and you feel like your intruding on this forum

Duncan

Hi Sharon good post.

Mention certain holiday companies on here and you feel like your intruding on this forum

Duncan

Yes Duncan. A HAVEN for funny views. ... ;)

Why is it that you guys with mobile phone think every person you speak to is DEAF.

I can see I am going to have to be a "moaning caravanner", I cant take much more of her.

Who's You Guys?

I dont shout down a mobile phone. .. I try and not even take the damn thing with me.

Just shout over in your best toodle pip accent 'I say Old Bean, It isnt a tin can and a string you know, pipe down will you?"

Sure that'll go down a treat, if not it should provide some entertainment or provide some activity for the bored local constabulary.

Sharon

I can only talk for myself, but I certainly don't regards anyone as "lesser mortals"!

What I do think, and I don't think anyone can realistically argue, is that your average CC site and your average "Haven-esque" site are entirely different creatures, and by and large their respective clientele have different expectations from their holidays.

When one group or other wander into the "wrong" type of sites, then differences can arise.

I don't often use Haven-esque sites because they don't give me what I want. I don't think that means I think the people using them are "lesser mortals"!

Whatever floats your boat, as far as I'm concerned, and there are ample examples of all types of site to keep all of us happy.

One thing that amuses me greatly but is maybe in the wrong thread as it doesn't bug me, is watching some people, almost always men who make 4 or 5 trips backwards and forwards to the water tap with a water bottle and top up their aquarolls in this way. Why don't they just take the aquaroll and make one journey, come on own up, who's the guilty ones?

Jim

I can only talk for myself, but I certainly don't regards anyone as "lesser mortals"!

What I do think, and I don't think anyone can realistically argue, is that your average CC site and your average "Haven-esque" site are entirely different creatures, and by and large their respective clientele have different expectations from their holidays.

When one group or other wander into the "wrong" type of sites, then differences can arise.

I don't often use Haven-esque sites because they don't give me what I want. I don't think that means I think the people using them are "lesser mortals"!

Whatever floats your boat, as far as I'm concerned, and there are ample examples of all types of site to keep all of us happy.

What a condescending answer, so if I go and stay at a haven site I am not the right person to stay at a CC site, I have just written to the Caravan Club to resign. What’s this country coming to!!

Jim.

What a condescending answer, so if I go and stay at a haven site I am not the right person to stay at a CC site, I have just written to the Caravan Club to resign. What’s this country coming to!!

Jim.

I read Livi's answer and thought it was quite well put. I didn't think it was condescending at all.

Of course we all use the same type of site all the time. Never changing site to suit (grand)children and/or dogs. It is so easy to cause offence by making assumptions. I have used every kind of site from all singing, all dancing, swimming pools and licensed bars fully serviced pitches to empty fields with just a tap on the end of a long hose and chuck your nasties down the drain in the yard. Does that make me any particular "type" of caravanner? :lol:

The title of this thread is 'What bugs you on sites'. Not 'What answers bug you on forums'.

So can we please get back to slagging off the following:

Those with dogs and or children.

Those who are downhill racers.

Those who think that the 85% rule is for sissies.

The halt and the lame who cannot haul 50kg of water.

Is that enough to be going on with?

Now you've all made me forget what bugs me!

David.

Nail on head!

That's exactly why we exclusively use CC sites!

The problem starts when you Haven bunch decide to join us and treat it like a Haven site!! :P:lol:

Hi.

WELL SAID.

Cheers.

T. B)B)B)

Jim.

Condescending?? :huh:

Sorry for trying to be too succinct with my post, it must have gone beyond the threshold of your understanding.

How can I put it??

Horses for courses---------one man's meat is another man's poison --- to each his own.

How many cliches do you want?

(Now, there's condescending!)

If I want an all singing all dancing site with bells and whistles in the Scarborough area I'll go to the Blue Dolphin (and have done on a few occasions), if I want a restfull break in the Scarborough area I'll go to the West Ayton CC site (which I've also done ).

Diferent sites, different expectations!

That's all I'm saying.

I read Livi's answer and thought it was quite well put. I didn't think it was condescending at all.

Thank you.

Not too fond of older people in their 2 berths who give my and my kids a disapproving look the moment we pitch up <_<

:rolleyes: Well said - I quite agree

Sorry but there is not a "particular type of clientele" on a Haven site or a CC site, as I have used both.

For instance, when I use a Haven site, I don't use the club or partake in the entertainment.

I don't understand the comment about "when one group or other wander into the wrong site. ...".

What differences??

I've never come across them, but no doubt somebody will enlighten me.

Sorry but there is not a "particular type of clientele" on a Haven site or a CC site, as I have used both.

For instance, when I use a Haven site, I don't use the club or partake in the entertainment.

I don't understand the comment about "when one group or other wander into the wrong site. ...".

What differences??

I've never come across them, but no doubt somebody will enlighten me.

With respect, I'm beginning to feel I'm posting in a different language! :)

Where did I post "particular type of clientele"?

I posted "respective clientele" which could in fact be the same caravaners on different breaks wanting a different type of holiday.

To be clear - in my opinion, and that's all it is, you simply cannot compare the ambience, facilities or type of holiday experience you are going to have on lets say the"Blue Dolphin" as you will have on, lets say "Meathop Fell" CC site. If you are unable to see the fundamental difference between the two types of site, then I am wasting my time trying to explain.

The point I have been labouring to make is that there is nothing at all wrong with either type of site, but some one who books in at Meathop expecting a Blue Dolphin experience is going to be disappointed and vice-versa.

I am not, repeat not, belittling or criticising either one. I have enjoyed both in my time, and hope to continue doing so, as my grandaughter is starting to tag along.

I'm away for a wee lie down now? ;)

Sign in to follow this