Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

We work hard all year like most people. .we have chosen to no longer holiday abroad as we hated leaving the dogs behind. .we want to enjoy our time off with them and just enjoy the countryside. .i personally dont think its too much to ask that people respect others. .its not a case of moaning/whining. .its a respect thing. .i do my best not to annoy anyone. .is it too much to ask for that to be reciprocated?

I agree - I was just pointing out the joys of the mobility of caravaning. and all should respect others space.

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

I agree - I was just pointing out the joys of the mobility of caravaning. and all should respect others space.

These children that wonder into the awning have you ever tried talking to them! Children are inquisitive and a good thing too, my dog is on a lead at all times and on occasions other owners don’t have their dog on a lead, but it’s not the end of the world, lighten up baby.

Well I have a dog and a grandson, can someone give me lessons on being perfect please before I go on holiday with you lot on here.

Jim.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Doesn't it pong a bit with lots of dogs in the caravan?

No i can assure you it doesnt. .if you are ever on site you are more than welcome to check it out. :rolleyes: I kind of take exception to the insinuation that we must be dirty because we have lots of dogs. Our previous van was bought back by the dealer (who knows the number of dogs we have) and we were told it was immaculate. .much more so than most other vans that get brought in. Having dogs doesnt = being a minger, contrary to what you might imagine. :angry:

Edited by redmoor

These children that wonder into the awning have you ever tried talking to them! Children are inquisitive and a good thing too, my dog is on a lead at all times and on occasions other owners don’t have their dog on a lead, but it’s not the end of the world, lighten up baby.

Well I have a dog and a grandson, can someone give me lessons on being perfect please before I go on holiday with you lot on here.

Jim.

I don't think anybody expect children to be perfect, or quiet or not break things they shouldn't. All people want to see is parents having some control over them and not letting them run amok. Same with dogs, if there are signs for them to be on a lead then I expect them to be on a lead. I read all the regulations of a site and adhere to them so I expect others to do the same.

Jim.

I have no problem with children wanting to speak to the dogs. .children that ask first. .of course they are inquisitive. .but you want someone wandering into your house without knocking/asking? :rolleyes: IF something happened to that child my dogs would be the ones getting the blame. .not a chance i am prepared to take. If the rules on site are dogs on a lead then surely we all do the same? I personally dont mind the type of dogs that walk by their owners heel but some of the ones we have been on site with are all over the place. .brand new awning. .stained with dog pee. ..also if our dogs are tethered at the van, its not fair to them to have dogs charging up. I'm not perfect, far from it. .but i respect the rules and other peoples space and privacy and all i would ask is the same courtesy in return. I can only imagine from some of the replies that some of you must be the most tolerant people in the world. I dont expect anything other than basic courtesy. .that's it -no more - no less. .but the one stance i take is not putting my dogs at any risk from some over zealous mother whose child gets scratched by a dog saying hello.

Its kind of sad that this thread wasnt taken in the way it was meant. .a thread for a bit of a 'i hate when people do. .' - i havent been called a baby in sometime - so thanks for that. .and lighten up. .if that means taking risks or not expecting courtesy. .i'll stay how i am. :P

I don't think anybody expect children to be perfect, or quiet or not break things they shouldn't. All people want to see is parents having some control over them and not letting them run amok. Same with dogs, if there are signs for them to be on a lead then I expect them to be on a lead. I read all the regulations of a site and adhere to them so I expect others to do the same.

Thank God, that someone else thinks the same. .its not just us. :D My children are now 12y and 17y - but they were taught basic manners. .you dont touch dogs you dont know. .you dont go into other peoples carvans/awnings, you dont take things that arent yours. .you dont drop litter etc. .

Children are children but they need guidance. .if some of the attitudes on here are anything to go by, i'm not surprised by the behaviour we see on some sites. :rolleyes:

Edited by redmoor

Children is our future, the only way they learn is by following adults examples and doing thing that some adult frown upon. it not control that is required. the need is to educate them as to why certain behaviour is not acceptable. to contol them is just like another brick in the wall.

If children were trained as well as most dogs there wouldn't be a problem. Better still, education classes for adults before being allowed to breed. Even morons can manage that.

Dave

Children is our future, the only way they learn is by following adults examples and doing thing that some adult frown upon. it not control that is required. the need is to educate them as to why certain behaviour is not acceptable. to contol them is just like another brick in the wall.

Yes, of course children are the future, hence the reason we should be showing them the way? Where did i say children should be controlled? Guidance was the word i used. .teach a child to respect and be polite. .surely its not rocket science?

David50 - amen to that!!

One warden told us that if peoples kids behaved as well as our dogs his job would be a breeze. .i was soo proud to be their owner when i heard that. :D

No i can assure you it doesnt. .if you are ever on site you are more than welcome to check it out. :rolleyes: I kind of take exception to the insinuation that we must be dirty because we have lots of dogs. Our previous van was bought back by the dealer (who knows the number of dogs we have) and we were told it was immaculate. .much more so than most other vans that get brought in. Having dogs doesnt = being a minger, contrary to what you might imagine. :angry:

Why do people think dogs smell? They are the same as humans, if they are dirty they smell, if they are clean they don't!

Sam

<p>2007 Sterling Cruach Cuillin & 2016 Volvo XC60 SE D4 190

Jim.

By heck! One of each! You're going to be in big trouble!

Starting from now, will you tell us how long it took before someone suggested that you should sell the grandson into slavery and eat the dog?

David.

I'm afraid there was no suggestion that dogs were dirty, just an observation that when long haired dogs get wet they tend to be doggy smell> I'm sorry you feel angry but not for me thank you.

I'm afraid there was no suggestion that dogs were dirty, just an observation that when long haired dogs get wet they tend to be doggy smell> I'm sorry you feel angry but not for me thank you.

I dont have long haired dogs. :P You didnt mention anything about long haired dogs or them being wet. ..you asked doesnt it 'pong' with all these dogs?

Edited by redmoor

If my daughter even goes near another van she is told in no uncertain terms that it isn't to be done. For us the 1,2,3 thing works brilliantly as we DO punish her at 5. Yesterday she was walking away from me while I was calling her back and I only had to say '1' and she spun on her heels and came right back :)

I had forgotten that :D

The question was always 'What hapens after 3?'. The answer 'You get a clout!'

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

Yes, of course children are the future, hence the reason we should be showing them the way? Where did i say children should be controlled? Guidance was the word i used. .teach a child to respect and be polite. .surely its not rocket science?

I did not say you did :D

I dont have long haired dogs. :P You didnt mention anything about long haired dogs or them being wet. ..you asked doesnt it 'pong' with all these dogs?

OK I give in!!

The only annoying children are the ones with annoying parents. ;)

Regards
Ian

Is it groundhog day on this forum? Kids and dogs? What a ***** surprise!

What really gets on my proverbials, is people whinging.

But just to add to the forum:

1. Dogs - Haven't got one, haven't got a problem with dogs as long as they don't defecate/urinate on my pitch.

2. Kids- Have got 2, thanks. Don't need to justify on this "forum" how I bring them up. Fell into that trap, used to wind me up, now couldn't give a rats a*** what people think, as long as I don't bother them, AND THEY DON'T BOTHER ME!.

Mind you, I laughed at the ridiculous suggestion that I should send them to puppy training classes!!!! SIIITTTTT. .. :P

Oh, and I hate speeding on sites, this is the preserve of the imbecile.

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

What bugs me - whingers & moaners, plenty of em about. .........

Box ticked. :D

Thing is, its a numbers game. The bigger the site, the more people there are. The more people there are, the more you will come across:

• Kids
    Dogs
    Whingers
    Moaners
    PC Police
    anti Dog Patrol
    Bikes
    Noise
    Frisbees
    Early Risers
    . ....etc

Thanks for CS/CL sites. .... keeps the odds down. ;)

5Vans Baby. ... 5 Vans. ...

Edited by scotsman25

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>

CLs get a big thumbs up from me. .they are fab little place. .generally few kids around!

I'm not sure if everyone who says they dislike 'whiners' mean anyone that complains about anything or anyone who complains full stop. .if being a whiner means accepting poor manners and no respect. .then hands up - i'm one! :D

Is it groundhog day on this forum? Kids and dogs? What a ***** surprise!

What really gets on my proverbials, is people whinging.

But just to add to the forum:

1. Dogs - Haven't got one, haven't got a problem with dogs as long as they don't defecate/urinate on my pitch.

2. Kids- Have got 2, thanks. Don't need to justify on this "forum" how I bring them up. Fell into that trap, used to wind me up, now couldn't give a rats a*** what people think, as long as I don't bother them, AND THEY DON'T BOTHER ME!.

Mind you, I laughed at the ridiculous suggestion that I should send them to puppy training classes!!!! SIIITTTTT. .. :P

Oh, and I hate speeding on sites, this is the preserve of the imbecile.

Sharon

Is anyone asking you to justify how you bring them up. ..must have missed that post. .why would anyone care if you have the attitude that you dont bother anyone? Bit confused on that one. :huh:

Re dogs. ..totally agree with you. .i love dogs but i wouldnt be happy if any (or mine!) toileted on my pitch or anyone elses.

I see you have an Adria (sorry OT) - do you like it? We LOVE ours. .we used to have the same one as you. .we now have almost the same but the bunks run along the side window.

Hi Redmoor

My comment about feeling the need to justify my parenting skills, is aimed at people who "have a go" in general about kids on sites, this used to really wind me up and I always felt I had to post that I was a responsible parent. :huh:

And yes, we love our Adria, it's 5 years old now and to be honest has stood up really well over the last 5 years. I love the layout you have as well, it means you can shut off the whole back end which is really handy. Even though the Altea is one of the cheaper models Adria produce, our caravan looks as good now as it did when we bought it.

We have added a few mods - motor mover etc.

Regards

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

ive had dogs most of my life, last one died last july. but when i had him on the lead walking him to the dog exersise area if he had to have a wee he would have one. i didnt let him lift his leg up awnings etc,. but he would go up bushes or trees. dont know how you stop them. can someone let me know how to train a dog to hold on, in case i get another. ray.

kia sedona, Avondale frystar 55

I think this thread was started with What Bugs you on Sites?

Well . ... this might seem a little odd but here goes!

People who pack up or arrive whilst I'm out walking/inside dozing and then leave before I wake in the morning! They are the WORST! Why? Because I just love people watching.

Be honest we are a fairly weird bunch, trundling around with our little house on wheels, putting up giant tents to give us more space, unloading our microwaves(well I don't) and half the garden furniture from our 'proper house' into said tent.

Some of the best entertainment - I'm not being unkind, just honest - is watching the 'domestic's develop him v her/dad's v young not helping/the awful realisation somat vital has been left at home. Or the poor couple who got out of their car to discover the jockey wheel was no longer there, and the true Laurel & Hardy moment as they just stood and looked. We did all help them I promise.

I think the best is the first awning of the season, forgotton order of poles, awning back to front. ... you know what I mean!

Be honest we all love watching these sorts of things!

Roll on the next barney with old man, cos I get to drink wine while he sorts out the 'mess' I've made & I know somebody's been watching and smiling at our antics! Happy days!

Me, Him + Ted the terrier.
Senator Louisiana S6 with Truma TE + Range Rover Vogue 05

OK I was going to stay out of this one but I just have to have a go.

Right now I am sitting in my awning on the Damage Barton site in North Devon.

Right oposite us is a woman with one of thos dreadful gadgets they call a "MOBILE PHONE".

She is just like one of those weather things my old Grandmother used to have. She pops out every 20 minutes puts it to her ear then it starts.

We walk to right five paces stop and yell mouth off.

We walk to the left five paces stop and yell mouth off.

We stand on right leg yell mout off.

We stand on left leg yell mouth off.

Now I am deaf so I cant hear her but my poor wife is going nuts here.

Why is it that you guys with mobile phone think every person you speak to is DEAF.

I can see I am going to have to be a "moaning caravanner", I cant take much more of her.

Edited by Oddball

Dave