Sign in to follow this  
redmoor

What Bugs You On Sites?

What bugs me. ..

Dogs. ..

People who dont keep their dogs on a lead when signs all over the site asks them too, people who allow these dogs to pee all over your awning/car and anything else.

Before anyone thinks i am a dog hater. .we travel all over the UK in our van with 6 of our 7 dogs.

Children. .

Peoples' children coming into your awning/caravan (honestly!!) without asking, children annoying the dogs. .or running at them without asking if they can speak to them. Noisy, whiny children whose parents do that '1, 2, 3. .thing' - you know the one. .they reach 5 and you imagine they may punish said child. .but no. .they reach the magical 5, say the child's name in 10 different tones for 5mins and then start back at 1 again. :rolleyes:

I'm not a child hater either. .we have two. ..its just a bit like the dogs. .we taught them to behave. :P

Inconsiderate people. ...

You know the ones, their music is loudest, they park right across where they shouldnt, the put their BBQ right next to your awning. .they put their little disposable BBQs on the grass and burn it all. .they throw their spent cigarettes down without putting them out first. .

Most people on most sites are great, there is a real camaraderie and people generally are fine. .but there are always one or two that dont think, dont care etc.

Edited by redmoor

Guest Robin
What bugs me. ..

Dogs. ..

People who dont keep their dogs on a lead when signs all over the site asks them too, people who allow these dogs to pee all over your awning/car and anything else.

Before anyone thinks i am a dog hater. .we travel all over the UK in our van with 6 of our 7 dogs.

Children. .

Peoples' children coming into your awning/caravan (honestly!!) without asking, children annoying the dogs. .or running at them without asking if they can speak to them. Noisy, whiny children whose parents do that '1, 2, 3. .thing' - you know the one. .they reach 5 and you imagine they may punish said child. .but no. .they reach the magical 5, say the child's name in 10 different tones for 5mins and then start back at 1 again. :rolleyes:

I'm not a child hater either. .we have two. ..its just a bit like the dogs. .we taught them to behave. :P

You know the ones, their music is loudest, they park right across where they shouldnt, the put their BBQ right next to your awning. .they put their little disposable BBQs on the grass and burn it all. .they throw their spent cigarettes down without putting them out first. .

Most people on most sites are great, there is a real camaraderie and people generally are fine. .but there are always one or two that dont think, dont care etc.

I wholeheartedly agree, but you forgot one thing, they are animal's that can't be bothered with all the above and also leave the toilet's in a disgusting foul state. You will never get the message across as long as you can breath, sad isn't it.

What bugs me. ..

Dogs. ..

Children. .

I'd agree with all of the above. On a recent trip away, two labradors not on leads, despite signs all over the site to the contrary decided that they would run off with two foam balls by 3 year old was playing with. She was very upset as the bogs were very boisterous and I had to go and retrieve them all covered in dog slobber. The owners made an apology but I would much prefer they got some leads out and put them on them, especially as they can't keep them under control.

If my daughter even goes near another van she is told in no uncertain terms that it isn't to be done. For us the 1,2,3 thing works brilliantly as we DO punish her at 5. Yesterday she was walking away from me while I was calling her back and I only had to say '1' and she spun on her heels and came right back :)

It does annoy me when people sit outside their tents really late (gone midnight) while talking and laughing loudly and I'm trying to get to sleep? i don't know if they don't realise how much the noise carries or if they don't care. When it's hot we don't have a choice but to have the skylights open. My wife always stops me asking them to keep it down as your never sure what sort of reaction your going to get, particularly when alcohol is involved. This is when you need an on the ball warden.

Oh lets not start another Kids, Dogs and people thread. .... :(

Done to death. ... its like the stuff rolled out on a bad news day.

My Tip - find another site or say something. Not everyone is as the same as ourselves.

. ...6 dogs. Mobile kennels?

Some folks could say that is the thing that 'bugs them'? Just saying. ...

Complete and untter !"£$%^&* muppets who speed on site

Oh and the clowns in the cars who say they dont need towing mirrors.

How do they see in their blind spot with out them??

Edited by Niall

People with dogs off the lead, running towards me with my dog on a lead and saying "He's/She's fine they just want to play" as the dog attack's my dog and then they say "ooh they never do that!" Well they just bloody did so put it on a lead! Do they? NO!

People who let their children walk the dog! Children have no intention of ever picking up dog poo! so why let your child excersise the dog? also children have no idea that they should keep their dog on a short lead under control whilst other dogs are in the vincinity!

I have dogs and children and never let my child walk the dog anywhere without me behind them ready to pick up poo or take control if needed!

Groups of (usually Rallyers) people taking over the whole swimming pool, 20 kids and 2 or 3 men playing Vollyball right across the middle of the pool with a few mums sat on the side of the pool blissfully unaware that they even have children!

I feel better now that i have had a rant!

Nothings at all I am on holiday to relax and unwind. live and let live and watch the world goes by. Life is too short.

Edited by oldboy

Nothings at all I am on holiday to relax and unwind. live and let live and watch the world goes by. Life is too short.

i was about to say the same :D . If I have an issue with something a go to them and talk to them about it. However i just put up with minor irritations.

Regards

Lee

Wardens - when they are speeding around at 8 in the morning on their tractors.

People who are up at the crack of dawn and chat/shout across three pitches oblivious to people trying to sleep past 8 oclock.

The same early birds who fill their aqua roll up early in the morning.

Kids screaming and running wild early on ! Mine have never disturbed anyone before 9. 30am regardless how early they woke up.

People in the winter who want to warm their car up and leaving it running outside my bedroom window early in the morning.

Can't you tell i hate mornings :lol: but i do get up early when i am at home for work

Edited by herald333

Oh lets not start another Kids, Dogs and people thread. .... :(

Done to death. ... its like the stuff rolled out on a bad news day.

My Tip - find another site or say something. Not everyone is as the same as ourselves.

. ...6 dogs. Mobile kennels?

Some folks could say that is the thing that 'bugs them'? Just saying. ...

What could bug them? My dogs behave, they dont bark, they dont upset anyone. .and we have stayed on more than 50 sites over the past years. .never, ever one complaint. .my van is immaculate as are the dogs - clearly not the mobile kennel you are imagining :rolleyes: . .so i'd love to know what could bug anyone?

You find inconsiderate people anywhere you go. .and yes, i do, politely say something if i find something not acceptable. Of course not everyone is the same. .that's what makes the world go around. .but surely courtesy, consideration, toleration and being polite are things we should all strive for? B)

Life is too short and i dont get bugged by minor irritations. .however children entering my awning without permission, annoying my dogs and other things that potentially could put my dogs at risk arent minor (to me).

Edited by redmoor

I'd agree, but the people (usually drunken) who think that their awning is magically soundproof at 11. 00pm are about the only thing on site that will really get on my nerves.

CC sites are displaying signs saying 5mph which is just about tickover on a diesel in first gear. But many drivers accellerate quickly from first to second and then keeping the revs just above tickover thinking just because they have it in second just above tick over there not speeding and not wishing to rattle any ones cage but this seems to be more common with motor homes.

Apart from that the ones who seem to think they don't need mirrors.

What bugs me - whingers & moaners, plenty of em about. .........

The world is full of them. .. :P

Well said, I quite agree with you there :D

. .............plenty of food for thought there then!......................would agree with most of them I'm afraid. ....I'm not anti-kids but those who short-cut through your awning, on bikes, as has happened in France,on two sites. ...Frisbees and Footballs near caravans. ........awning shouting late at night/early morning. speeding. ...yep I'd go with all of those.

cheers

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Well it's the Bugs that bug me, honest back from the Lakes (Cumbria) and bitten to death by invisible whatever's never saw anything, never felt anything but have 19 bites.

Darn it ruined my tan too. ..

Well it's the Bugs that bug me, honest back from the Lakes (Cumbria) and bitten to death by invisible whatever's never saw anything, never felt anything but have 19 bites.

Darn it ruined my tan too. ..

Midges they are invisible. :D

We call them 'no seeums' coz you dont see the blighters til they've had a bit of you! :D

Well the little blighters have had a peice of me, blerdy hell, I live in a forest near enough and never so much as a nibble, are the Cumbrian Midges a nastier breed, will be hauling out the Citronella next time.>>

Well the little blighters have had a peice of me, blerdy hell, I live in a forest near enough and never so much as a nibble, are the Cumbrian Midges a nastier breed, will be hauling out the Citronella next time.>>

agreed

The best thing about a caravan is that you can move on there is generally another site not too far away and if you have all these hang ups move on --

strange thing is that when In Europe we hardly ever meet ANY of them. . every body is just enjoying their holidays to think about others. .

Have you noticed how tolerant everyone is, as long it happens to someone else???

agreed

The best thing about a caravan is that you can move on there is generally another site not too far away and if you have all these hang ups move on --

strange thing is that when In Europe we hardly ever meet ANY of them. . every body is just enjoying their holidays to think about others. .

We work hard all year like most people. .we have chosen to no longer holiday abroad as we hated leaving the dogs behind. .we want to enjoy our time off with them and just enjoy the countryside. .i personally dont think its too much to ask that people respect others. .its not a case of moaning/whining. .its a respect thing. .i do my best not to annoy anyone. .is it too much to ask for that to be reciprocated?

Doesn't it pong a bit with lots of dogs in the caravan?

Sign in to follow this