On-board Water Tank Wont Fill!

rowets

Hi all,

We have a Swift Corniche 15/2 2003 with an on-board water tank. We bought the van last year and the previous owners who had the van from new never used the on-board tank. I tried to fill it last weekend for the first time but to no avail :( I filled the Aquaroll, primed the pump, water running through all taps no problem. I then made sure that the inline tap in the inlet pipe for the on-board tank was set to 'open' and excitedly flicked the 'Tank Fill' switch. ........

Nothing! Disappointed or what?!

The external pump in the Aquaroll was merrily whirring away but the water was going nowhere! Someone has commented to me that there is possibly a non-return valve in the line that may be stuck closed but I can't find anything in the handbook relating to this.

Anyone got any ideas? Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Regards,

Tim

Someone has commented to me that there is possibly a non-return valve in the line that may be stuck closed but I can't find anything in the handbook relating to this.

16416[/snapback]

Hi,

I don't know the exact arrangement that Swift use, but as the system has never been used, it maybe possible that the NRV is fitted the wrong way round. Not all PDI's are as good as they should be. It may also be that the fill pipe to the onboard tank is squashed flat or the line valve is faulty in some way?

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi all,

We have a Swift Corniche 15/2 2003 with an on-board water tank. We bought the van last year and the previous owners who had the van from new never used the on-board tank. I tried to fill it last weekend for the first time but to no avail    :(    I filled the Aquaroll, primed the pump, water running through all taps no problem. I then made sure that the inline tap in the inlet pipe for the on-board tank was set to 'open' and excitedly flicked the 'Tank Fill' switch. ........

Nothing!  Disappointed or what?!

The external pump in the Aquaroll was merrily whirring away but the water was going nowhere! Someone has commented to me that there is possibly a non-return valve in the line that may be stuck closed but I can't find anything in the handbook relating to this.

Anyone got any ideas? Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  

Regards,

Tim

16416[/snapback]

You should have three cocks on the tank, one to drain the tank another is either open or closed whether you are filling the tank or by-passing the tank using the mains connection. The third is the overflow.

Maybe the second is closed !!

Archived