Sign in to follow this  
luisa

How To Find Out The Value Of Your Caravan?

Hi, We sold our 5 berth and bought a 2006 Avondale Dart 556-6 caravan privately a few months ago. The van is in great condition but had 2 problems the first been that the toilet roll holder was missing and the second been the bottle holder in the display cupboard was missing. I just wondered how you find the value of your caravan, is there something like a parkers guide for caravans? It would just be interesting to know, and it would help us decide when we would need to upgrade. At the moment though I do love our the caravan as the extra room was much needed!! We would however in future like the 630-6 with the bigger bathroom. Thanks

Edited by luisa

Dealers use a book called Glasses guide, its not available to the public and its not cheap for a subscription, Glasses do the guides for the car dealers as well as bike dealers. most dealers when doing a deal with you, should not mind showing you the guide, there is two prices, trade and retail, trade is what the trade expect to pay for the van if for example buying from one dealer to another and retail is a guide to what a dealer with a warranty and preperation should expect to be able to sell the caravan for. A px price would be expected to fall between those two figures. It is however only a guide. If you want an idea the best thing to do is just look around at what they are being sold for, not what is being asked for them, but what they are actually selling at. so for instance on ebay look at completed auctions not current auctions.

Free caravan price guide Here

Interesting link. However, I might be wrong, but I get the impression that it has not been updated since 2007.

Hi

If you're a C. C. member you can get a written valuation from Glasses Guide for around £10.

My father-in-law found this very useful when selling his a few years ago.

He could show the prospective buyer the valuation who was then happy to pay the asking price.

From memory you have to tell Glasses the condition (excellent etc) and this is written on the valuation.

Scales

Just wondering how the closure of Avondale has affected the prices of vans. I bought an Argente 550/4 just before the factory closed and paid full price for it unaware of the future of the company. We love the van and have had no problems with it. We have had no contact with the dealer since concerning warranty so will probably go elsewhere for servicing etc. seeing they dont seem to give a damn. Anyway when it comes to renewing the insurance what value do we insure it for? I paid £15000 for it but I dont want to pay a large premium again if its dropped dramatically in value and could maybe save money by insuring it for less.

Paul

Edited by paulni

Just wondering how the closure of Avondale has affected the prices of vans. I bought an Argente 550/4 just before the factory closed and paid full price for it unaware of the future of the company. We love the van and have had no problems with it. We have had no contact with the dealer since concerning warranty so will probably go elsewhere for servicing etc. seeing they dont seem to give a damn. Anyway when it comes to renewing the insurance what value do we insure it for? I paid £15000 for it but I dont want to pay a large premium again if its dropped dramatically in value and could maybe save money by insuring it for less.

Paul

Hi, When we insured our van we have a tpft quote and a new for old cover quote too and they used their own guide to value it. They told us what the caravan was worth to them and said they would insure it for £7100 with discounts for being on a cassa gold storage site. We decided to opt for new for old cover and our insurance was £187. 00 a year. I have no idea how much our vans true market value would be as I guess it would only be worth what somene would pay for it :)

Edited by luisa

The other day, rang the CC for an insurance quote for our 2002 rialto 640-6 and the guy at the other end of the phone told us that Glasses valued it at £6200. Not bad considering we brought it in Sept 08 for £4100 fully kitted out with a full size bradcot awning :D

So ring the CC for a quote and they should tell you what the value is, but you do need to be a member for a phone quote.

I have an 8 beth static  caravan ingoldmells Skegness sited  we paid £16000 for plus extras it as a veranda to it its a cosalt capri supper 1999 3 bedrooms  and I am trying to find the market value of it so we can get an insurance quote as the insurance are only doing market value can any one help

Although this thread is over 10 years old, you might get a better response posting it under the Static Caravan heading.

This is rather an old thread, perhaps it would be better if you posted it again  static caravans and let this thread die as any information may be  out of date now. 

Have you tried phoning a dealer and asking them for a price for insurance purposes