My Storage Site

I store my caravan on a farm located on the Wirral peninsular and I am asking forum members if they get the service I get or can they better it.

Now I am talking about only the service not the security or the fences or the lights or the anti tank mine field around it, just the service.

When we first arrived at John’s storage yard on his farm he came and allocated us a spot within his caravan yard. This was my first surprise as I had heard so much about caravans being a tight fit. Well not in this case I could easily park my car between me and my next door neighbour.

John pointed out the security cameras and the usual stuff we would expect. You know, things like gates and huge ditches around the place. He also gave us some basic instructions.

We agreed to store our caravan with him and then came the next surprise. The fee of £5 per week. This was a surprise because we had been to see many other sites which I have to say had far higher security than John but so was the fee and we all know you get what you pay for.

Caravan settled in to new location and then came my next surprise. We needed to work on the van as we had purchased a used, sorry, (lets be politically correct now) a “pre owned” caravan and wanted to make our mark on it.

I asked John if there was an area where we could do the work and would it be OK for us to bring a generator.

He allocated us an area and said he did not want the generator as he would provide FREE of charge any electricity I required along with any water we may need.

Over a couple of weeks we completed our work with John paying us a visit now and then to chat about just anything at all. It was on the day we had completed the caravan when my wife and I were discussing where we should go to do our first set up in order to test everything out when John appeared at the door enquiring as to how we were doing.

He joined in the conversation and asked if it was vital that we had an electricity supply to which we said no as we had a generator.

John immediately suggested we use one of his fields giving us complete and free access to it again FREE of charge. He even cut the grass in the field for us saying we could use it for perhaps a week if we felt we wanted to.

Needless to say we still store our caravan with him and he still makes our life easier when we have to do jobs.

We do not know if this is normal for storage site owners but I am sure the forum members will agree, it is special.

Mines more expensive (high Security) but he will let us hook up to electric so we can test everything and work on it. We are able to get water and also stay overnight for free outside the security storage on his farm hooked up to leccy. One thing that is different is he is a bit forgetful so i have to remind him but he has got 600 caravan owners to look after as well so me i can't complain.

I store my caravan on a farm located on the Wirral peninsular and I am asking forum members if they get the service I get or can they better it.

Now I am talking about only the service not the security or the fences or the lights or the anti tank mine field around it, just the service.

When we first arrived at John’s storage yard on his farm he came and allocated us a spot within his caravan yard. This was my first surprise as I had heard so much about caravans being a tight fit. Well not in this case I could easily park my car between me and my next door neighbour.

John pointed out the security cameras and the usual stuff we would expect. You know, things like gates and huge ditches around the place. He also gave us some basic instructions.

We agreed to store our caravan with him and then came the next surprise. The fee of £5 per week. This was a surprise because we had been to see many other sites which I have to say had far higher security than John but so was the fee and we all know you get what you pay for.

Caravan settled in to new location and then came my next surprise. We needed to work on the van as we had purchased a used, sorry, (lets be politically correct now) a “pre owned” caravan and wanted to make our mark on it.

I asked John if there was an area where we could do the work and would it be OK for us to bring a generator.

He allocated us an area and said he did not want the generator as he would provide FREE of charge any electricity I required along with any water we may need.

Over a couple of weeks we completed our work with John paying us a visit now and then to chat about just anything at all. It was on the day we had completed the caravan when my wife and I were discussing where we should go to do our first set up in order to test everything out when John appeared at the door enquiring as to how we were doing.

He joined in the conversation and asked if it was vital that we had an electricity supply to which we said no as we had a generator.

John immediately suggested we use one of his fields giving us complete and free access to it again FREE of charge. He even cut the grass in the field for us saying we could use it for perhaps a week if we felt we wanted to.

Needless to say we still store our caravan with him and he still makes our life easier when we have to do jobs.

We do not know if this is normal for storage site owners but I am sure the forum members will agree, it is special.

Oddball, can you PM me roughly where this is?

I know of 5 different sets of storage on the Wirral, a new one opening up on the old site of Champions with indoor storage. Im not divulging any secrecy here, theres massive signs plastered all over the main road outside it. ..lol.

But if the guy is so helpful i may be interested in something to do with storage there.

Incidently i currently use a farm with a farmer called John but i suspect its a different farm, mine is in Greasby/Irby border.

Either way can you pm me the details please, thanks.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

When we first arrived at John's storage yard on his farm he came and allocated us a spot within his caravan yard. This was my first surprise as I had heard so much about caravans being a tight fit. Well not in this case I could easily park my car between me and my next door neighbour.

Caravan settled in to new location and then came my next surprise. We needed to work on the van as we had purchased a used, sorry, (lets be politically correct now) a "pre owned" caravan and wanted to make our mark on it.

Hi Oddball

I'm liking this John fella already! Can you PM me a rough (village?) location and a contact number as

I'd like storage on the wirral too, we have our names down at several storage sites but I guess if

they have no vacancies mid season then we wont get one. ..

neil

Hi Oddball

I'm liking this John fella already! Can you PM me a rough (village?) location and a contact number as

I'd like storage on the wirral too, we have our names down at several storage sites but I guess if

neil

New storage in Greasby, indoors if needed Neil.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

New storage in Greasby, indoors if needed Neil.

Hi Brassneck

Is that Champions? If not details would be good by pm thanks.

I've seen the champion adverts and a mate is thinking of putting a boat there

and has been quoted £30 a week!! I think I may need to consider somewhere

a bit cheaper than that!!, I only pay I think £225 a year for a CASSOA silver.

Thanks anyway.

Hi Oddball

neil

Hi Neil

I will PM you the information

Oddball

Edited by Oddball

Hi Neil

I will PM you the information

Oddball

Hi Oddball

Thanks for that, I will ring him and see if he has any spaces for September

when we return from our summer work.

neil

Hi Oddball

neil

Hi Oddball

Any chance of a PM as well, the storage I use needs a shoe horn to get the van in and out of, as I dont have a mover it has to be man handled each time we want to move it. On one occasion it took me and the other half 75 minutes of pushing to get it out, the rows of vans are so close we cant use the car. OK its secure but no space whatsoever and as for cleaning the van no chance.

Kev

Hi Oddball

Any chance of a PM as well, the storage I use needs a shoe horn to get the van in and out of, as I dont have a mover it has to be man handled each time we want to move it. On one occasion it took me and the other half 75 minutes of pushing to get it out, the rows of vans are so close we cant use the car. OK its secure but no space whatsoever and as for cleaning the van no chance.

Kev

Hi Kev

Can you PM me about who you use so I can avoid them, don't post it here in case they take the hump.

neil

Hi Kev

Can you PM me about who you use so I can avoid them, don't post it here in case they take the hump.

neil

sound's good realy nice when you find some where like this and the owner realy helpful

sounds like old school

wish my site was like that ineed to work on our's but not aloud to i cannot take it home either

neibours complain then we have a vist from boy's in blue :angry:

• 12 years later...

I'm looking for storage for a van that I am about to convert into a holiday home. 

I've read all messages above and it sounds ideal although they are posts from 2009. I'm hoping this site is still available or if anyone knows of anywhere like this so I can do my van conversion. 

I haven't purchased the van yet as I need to secure the storage place first which must have access to electricity for tools, that I will need to use. 

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. 

John. 

Can we presume you need the storage /workshop space to be in the Wirral area? 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Er, disregarding my earlier post on a different topic, is this the longest between a post and a reply?

1 hour ago, Benchillian said:

Er, disregarding my earlier post on a different topic, is this the longest between a post and a reply?

No no no no no no. 

12 years is just a blink of an eye in the land of aged forum replies. 

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion