Bradcott Awnings

rod

I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A FULL AWNING TODAY A TRADE IN FROM MY LOCAL DEALER NOT BAD FOR £130 THE QUESTION IS I CANT SEE HOW IT ATACHES TO CARAVAN THE 3 POLES THAT GO TO VAN HAVE HOOKS ON NOW I MIGHT BE LUCKY BUT MY VAN HAS 3 EYES ON IT I THINK THE HOOKS GO THERE ALSO THE POLES ARE NOT METAL THERE ARE PLASTICK OR FIBER THEY SEEM QUITE STRONG ANY BODY NO THANX ALL

post-88-1105203538.jpg

If its a Bradcot, there should be some attachments which the hook end of the poles go into. They are like a simple rectangle of plastic with an eye protruding from the front face, they slide on to the awning next to the van, about 2 inches lower than the awning rail, and press up against the van sides, held in place on the awning by a small lock mechanism, and by the tension of the awning.

Guest john1215

Rod,

As Brecon says Bradcot awnings have pads that the awning poles hook into. These pads slide onto an inner awning tape that is permanently attached to the inside of the awning. Once you have threaded the awning around the channel, go inside and if you have these plastic eyes, slide them onto the inner tape, you'll need one in the middle and one on each end just above the side windows of the canvas. The pads should have two small plastic eyes screwed into the fitting and once the pad is in the correct place, lock them onto the tape by tightening the small eyes, the will help to stop the tensioning poles from slipping.

Am I right in saying that your van has some metal eyes screwed on to the side of the van - these are probably not suitable for the Bradcot, they could be in the righr place but if you can find the proper pads use them.

john1215

the eyes on my van are plastic and look like they are in the rite place i looked on the bradcott site and they look very simular to the eyes if not the same there is 1 in center and 1 either side above windows wen all these winds stop ile try it on before we use in march thanx alll :D

The Bradcot awning we had, had rubber 'flaps' for the hooks to fit into. These were stuck onto the awning in the correct point. The flaps are readily available at most 'can accessory shops.

Now if anyone wants a full set of Fibreglass poles for a Bradcott awning, contact me. They were not in the van when it was stolen. The awning was!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A FULL AWNING TODAY A TRADE IN FROM MY LOCAL DEALER NOT BAD FOR £130 THE QUESTION  IS I CANT SEE HOW IT ATACHES TO CARAVAN THE 3 POLES THAT GO TO VAN HAVE HOOKS ON NOW I MIGHT BE LUCKY BUT MY VAN HAS 3 EYES ON IT  I THINK THE HOOKS GO THERE ALSO THE POLES ARE NOT METAL THERE  ARE PLASTICK OR FIBER THEY SEEM QUITE STRONG ANY BODY NO THANX ALL

1209[/snapback]

Rod,

I'm sure if you wrote to Bradcote they would be able to help. I don't suppose they would bother because it was a 'trade'

Charles

• 1 month later...
The Bradcot awning we had, had rubber 'flaps' for the hooks to fit into.     These were stuck onto the awning in the correct point.     The flaps are readily available at most 'can accessory shops.

Now if anyone wants a full set of Fibreglass poles for a Bradcott awning, contact me.   They were not in the van when it was stolen.   The awning was!!!!!!

1385[/snapback]

if you still have the fibreglass poles i'm interested. !!