Sign in to follow this  
Bwy

Alarm Help Idm3

I have in my Bailey Senator Vermont Millennium caravan an alarm system.

When I bought the van I knew nothing at all about this alarm.

I wanted to set it up but now I discover it needs a battery charging cable and I have no idea what this cable is or where I can get one.

I am also told I need to change the battery in it.

The alarm is an IDM3 plug in systems and was factory fitted.

There is a telephone number on the alarm but as always this is no longer a good number. (01482 659309

Can anyone tell me how I can get a battery charging cable and replacement battery.

If Bailey are watching this, I look forward to your assistance.

Brian :)

The phone number is for CEC Plug in Systems, all their web pages seem to be down also, you could try emailing Bailey direct I have found that they respond very quickly.

I wanted to set it up but now I discover it needs a battery charging cable and I have no idea what this cable is or where I can get one.

There is a telephone number on the alarm but as always this is no longer a good number. (01482 659309

Can anyone tell me how I can get a battery charging cable and replacement battery.

Hi Brian,

The lead you need is actually a mains transfomer type charger, I have found one at this dealers website so you can see what it is.

If anyone has an IDM3 on the forum, if they post you the spec off their charger you should be able to pick one up from Maplins.

Steve

Hi Brian,

The lead you need is actually a mains transfomer type charger, I have found one at this dealers website so you can see what it is.

Steve

Thank you both once again the forum proves its worth. Order placed.

New battery requied now will try them for one as well.

Brian

You should have been supplied with a charger (a small "wall-wart" item) with the 'van, if you bought new. I would get response from Bailey first, before shelling out for another unit.

Dave

You should have been supplied with a charger (a small "wall-wart" item) with the 'van, if you bought new. I would get response from Bailey first, before shelling out for another unit.

Dave

No the van is not new and for the price of it I have no problem but thanks for responding.

Brian

Well Brian, time to bury the hatchet and start again as i think our initial crossed swords was starded by a person with a mask avatar, since then its not got much better but here goes.

I see youve got the charger so well done, as for the battery, below are two sites

http://www. mmleisure. co. uk/cgi-bin/sitewis. ..=det&p=1706

http://www. caravanspares2repairs. co. uk/bat. ..dm-34-924-p. asp

as you can see, not the cheapest of replacements but i think if you ring the following youll get a better deal

http://www. yuasabatteries. co. uk/yucel-range-10-c. asp

Not sure which one as the codes differ slightly but a phone call will solve that. Qote what you see on the sites above and check terminal positions.

You may have 2 spade connectors hanging off the case, havent a clue what theyre for and there seems to be a charging hole on the panel, but curiously on the battery case as well.

As for replacing, ive had a look at mine and it seems to be in a sealed case,(confirmed on another forum) and you may have to drill out some retaining screws

http://www. touringandtenting. com/forums/in. ..?showtopic=8384 post number #3

If your missing the instructions( a fast set leaflet and a thicker one) let me know asap and ill get them from the van, scan them, and sent to you.

Best regards and appologies for any previous remarks made in haste and regretted at leisure.

nigel

Hi Bwy

It sounds as through you've got lots of help already!

I hope you now have everything you need however if you do need more assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch

Kelly Watts

helpline@bailey-caravans. co. uk

Just replaced my battery, £7,,, seven pounds, well chuffed, but getting into the battery is a bit fidley, post here if anyone needs instructions. . THERE IS NO NEED TO DRILL ANYTHING.

nigel

Just replaced my battery, £7,,, seven pounds, well chuffed, but getting into the battery is a bit fidley, post here if anyone needs instructions. . THERE IS NO NEED TO DRILL ANYTHING.

nigel

Hi Nigel

I don't have a hatchet and I don't need to bury anything but thanks for the sentiment.

I have no grudge with you in any way at all.

We had words yes I agree we did but this is real life and if we cant say what we think then its a sad world.

I would appreciate any instructions and help you can let me have.

Thanks again

Brian

On 15/06/2009 at 16:02, Bwy said:

Plug-In Systems were taken over by another Hull firm Bonus Electrical well over a decade ago. You could try them on their head office number 01482 373737.

The battery will be a Yuasa or Panasonic 12V 7Ah gel lead acid. If you can't find one anywhere else try a supplier of mobility scooters as they use the same thing.

Edited by Woodentop

7 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Plug-In Systems were taken over by another Hull firm Bonus Electrical well over a decade ago. You could try them on their head office number 01482 373737.

The battery will be a Yuasa or Panasonic 12V 7Ah gel lead acid. If you can't find one anywhere else try a supplier of mobility scooters as they use the same thing.

As the question was asked 10 years ago, I think Bwy will have solved it be now.  :)

Oops! I wonder why that one suddenly popped up in current posts?

I think a newbie from Spain may have resurrected it.