Sign in to follow this  
lincoln imp

Merrixton Farm Cl In Amroth

Hello All, we are thinking of going to Tenby area later in the year and wondered if anyone has stopped at Merrixton Farm and what they thought. We are wanting a site with views and plenty of walking thats fairly quiet.

Hello All, we are thinking of going to Tenby area later in the year and wondered if anyone has stopped at Merrixton Farm and what they thought. We are wanting a site with views and plenty of walking thats fairly quiet.

Never stayed on the site but live close by. Merrixton Farm is actually a Certified Site (CS) with the Camping & Caravan Club and is about 2 miles inland from Amroth. Looking at the map I must have passed the site many times on my way to Amroth and I can say it is definately a quiet area in open farmland. Doubt whether you would get a coastal view due to distance from the sea. The Pembrokeshire coast is designated as a National Park, which I think starts at Amroth, so plenty of walks.

Kia Sorento + "wee" Sprite

I've not stayed on the certificated site at Merrixton Farm but I've been a couple of times to a C&CC Temporary Holiday Site (Rally) on an adjacent field and can confirm that there is a lovely view from the rally field towards Saundersfoot looking to the right and you can see the Gower Peninsular to the left.

Agreed - amazing views. Try and get on the C&CC rally, EHU inc and only about £8 / night.

Site slopes so take blocks.

Scarlet 'till I die. ...

On 14/06/2009 at 12:33, eckytow said:

Never stayed on the site but live close by. Merrixton Farm is actually a Certified Site (CS) with the Camping & Caravan Club and is about 2 miles inland from Amroth. Looking at the map I must have passed the site many times on my way to Amroth and I can say it is definately a quiet area in open farmland. Doubt whether you would get a coastal view due to distance from the sea. The Pembrokeshire coast is designated as a National Park, which I think starts at Amroth, so plenty of walks.

Wrong, it’s got an absolutely amazing panoramic view of the whole coast.

The view isn’t so good from the 5-van site as it is from the rally field.

This video gives an idea of what the views might be like on a better day - just watch the last 30 seconds.  (For the CS you carry straight on at the point where they turn right up into the higher field).

John

On 11/07/2020 at 13:16, Red Dog said:

Wrong, it’s got an absolutely amazing panoramic view of the whole coast.

This review is 11 years old, so a bit might of changed...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****