Praise For A Change

TedNewman

Since joining this forum I have noticed that like most forums people are very quick to moan and slow to praise SO a little of the reverse :)

I visited Orpington Caravans this morning and what a pleasant surprise, good size well stocked shop, lots of awnings on display and erected, masses of vans to look at and many at 'sale' prices but above all friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff.

I just wished I had bought my new van from them - still ones learns :o

Just to add the usual rider - I have no connection with them whatsoever other than being a new and happy customer.

:rolleyes:

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Glad to hear such a good report, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Can anyone else add any more posive comments on dealerships they have visited recently?

Regards,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Guest Lenny

Although i can't say i have ever had an outstanding service from any dealer, i can honestly say i have had outstanding service from a repair centre.

Tern caravans, Ledsham, Wirral.

Family run, absolutely nothing too much trouble.

And they cared.

We have found our local dealers Homested at Weeley, Essex are brillent, we have not bought a caravan off them for about 10 years as we are Bailey fans and they are not Bailey dealers, but they are allways ready to give addvice and so helpful, we go there for every thing else. :D:D

I know I had a moan about our Abbey, and poor workmanship, but as far as the dealer goes, Chichester Caravans at Uckfield are very good. They are the dealer we bought from, and the service they gave us, and are still giving us cannot be faulted.

After looking at lots of caravans, one dealer stood out from the crowd, Buckleys Caravans in Mallow Co Cork. We bought our Adria Adora last week from them, they really looked after us, and gave us plenty of discount and advise. Will definitely be dealing with them again. B)

Munster Leisure Services.

Caravan & Motorhome Sales, Servicing & Repairs

Official Service Agents for: Dometic :: Thetford :: Truma :: Whale

Highbridge Caravans in Somerset have been brillliant in helping me, a new caravanner, select the right van and equipment. They have answered numerous 'silly' questions without the slightest snigger, offered great personal service and the wealth of information and experience has been second to none.

Its great to hear good news about some dealers. I too have nothing but praise for Caravanworld near Colchester, Essex.

However, the true test of any dealer or retailer is how they handle things when it goes wrong. One dealer mentioned in one of the posts above has handled things very very wrong and will shortly be on the receiving end of a court summons!! :angry:

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

There will always be dealers who fail to meet our expectations - and we have to remember that one persons expectations may not be the same as another persons.

I have used my local dealer for many years (Broad Lane Leisure) and have no complaints about how I have been treated. They sold me my last van 18months ago - a used van that they had originally sold to its previous owner - answered all my questions, including the ones by phone when on sites, and their aftersales service is, in my opinion, second to none.

Highly recommended by me !!

Margaret

Margaret

I don't do technical !!!

Just me and my showdogs!!

There will always be dealers who fail to meet our expectations - and we have to remember that one persons expectations may not be the same as another persons.

I have used my local dealer for many years (Broad Lane Leisure) and have no complaints about how I have been treated.   They sold me my last van 18months ago - a used van that they had originally sold to its previous owner - answered all my questions, including the ones by phone when on sites, and their aftersales service is, in my opinion, second to none.

Highly recommended by me !!

Margaret

15996[/snapback]

Is that Broad Lane in Leek Wootton Margaret? We are shortly to collect our new Vendee from them and I have to say so far they have been very helpful. As someone else said of course the proof is when you have a problem. ....

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

I Bought my new swift charisma from North Staffs Caravans, october 2004.

The staff there are exellent,would recomend them. By the way i travelled from liverpool to buy my van off them.

regards brownie. :D

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

Toyota Avensis 2. 0 diesel 2016.   Lunar Quasar 544  2018.

Archived