Bailey Rear Round Lights

darrell

I've got a series 7 Pageant Burgundy and the rear single round lights do look good, and no doubt they are fitted to other Bailey and other manufacturer's models too. But how do you replace the bulbs, because no where in the handbook does it give instructions how to do this.

I'm off to France very soon and would hate to break the lenses if I have to change a bulb so any ideas or instructions would be appreciated please??

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

I've got a series 7 Pageant Burgundy and the rear single round lights do look good, and no doubt they are fitted to other Bailey and other manufacturer's models too. But how do you replace the bulbs, because no where in the handbook does it give instructions how to do this.

I'm off to France very soon and would hate to break the lenses if I have to change a bulb so any ideas or instructions would be appreciated please??

Hi,

Very good question, I wanted to know the same on our old S5 Pageant, but gave up when it appeared I needed to take the whole of the rear panel off.

Seriuosly, don't the lights have small screws holding the lens on?, if not they are probably just a push fit.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

I have had the same thoughts on this a few days ago, I have had a look at the Hella website (not the easiest to navigate) it looks like the lamp is a sealed unit. I have emailed hella on this and I am awaiting a response.

you put a small screwdriver in and ease the cover off - I had to do one when the bulb went

• Like 1

Well I've had a go today with the old screwdriver just to check this out.

I can tell you all it's VERY difficult and I definately damaged the metal thing holding the round plastic cover on. I had to do a bit of metal bashing to ensure the thing fitted OK and won't just fall off in the future.

Really in this day and age things should not be this difficult, just imagine some big strong youth (the sort that service your van) changing the bulb under service, he's going to break the thing for sure.

And how do you explain to the French police that you've no rear light because the cover won't come off.

It's just got to be easier than this, I just want to know how much easier.

Hi,

Have you thought about calling Bailey's customer service as I'm sure that they'll have the answer,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

The screwdriver worked for me; its not easy though. I had to drill a small hole in the bottom of mine to let the water drain out.

EDIT: Just found this - doesn't add much.

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?sh. ..hl=bailey+light

Edited by A11

Hi,

Have you thought about calling Bailey's customer service as I'm sure that they'll have the answer,

Regards,

Ian.

Allready done awaiting reply and knowing Bailey a reply will be sooner rather than later.

I have had a reply back from Bailey (Still waiting for Hella)

It appears that you do not remove the lens but remove the complete light from the back panel and remove the bulb from the rear of the light unit.

I have also given it a try and it is simple, I removed the light faster than if it was screwed on. Just use something to rest the screwdriver on whilst levering against the rear panel, I thin peice of ply.

Please find below directions on the removal of the rear lights.

Push a flat screwdriver into the recess at the base of the light.

Gently prise the bottom of the light unit out whilst pulling in a downward movement on the top of the light.

The complete unit will now pull away from the rear panel

To refit is simply the reversal of the removal.

Kelly has also sent me a very good Diagram with pictures to assist, should anyone wish for a copy I will email them one, just PM me and I will forward one to you.

On a further note the people who were knocking Bailey recently about them not being active on the forum, it was mentioned that should you need assistance to email them and as always Bailey have replied to me within 24 hours.

Edited by ad210358

Hi ad,

Thanks for the information as the last thing I want to be doing when setting off is suddenly realising that I haven't got a clue how to change a bulb :),

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I've pm'd you (whatever that means) and am delighted we've got an answer to the problem which seems to be so easy to do

Will check this out tomorrow if and when it stops raining, and await the diagrams. Thanks also to Kelly again at Bailey

I've pm'd you (whatever that means) and am delighted we've got an answer to the problem which seems to be so easy to do

Will check this out tomorrow if and when it stops raining, and await the diagrams. Thanks also to Kelly again at Bailey

Hi Darrell

Can you PM me a copy or email, need info for forthcoming trip to France.

Kindest Regards

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Crikey its easy when you know how. .............

Twin axle, you have not been out and tried it tonight? LOL

I'm confused! :huh:

"It appears that you do not remove the lens but remove the complete light from the back panel and remove the bulb from the rear of the light unit."

My Pageant 7 only has individual lenses, there is no 'complete light'

Could I have a copy of those instructions too please.

Thanks

Martin :)

Pageant 7 Bretagne - PowrTouch Mover - Kampa Rally 390 - Chrysler Grand Voyager - Hyundai Tucson

• 3 years later...

I have had a reply back from Bailey (Still waiting for Hella)It appears that you do not remove the lens but remove the complete light from the back panel and remove the bulb from the rear of the light unit. I have also given it a try and it is simple, I removed the light faster than if it was screwed on. Just use something to rest the screwdriver on whilst levering against the rear panel, I thin peice of ply. Please find below directions on the removal of the rear lights. Push a flat screwdriver into the recess at the base of the light. Gently prise the bottom of the light unit out whilst pulling in a downward movement on the top of the light. The complete unit will now pull away from the rear panelTo refit is simply the reversal of the removal. Kelly has also sent me a very good Diagram with pictures to assist, should anyone wish for a copy I will email them one, just PM me and I will forward one to you. On a further note the people who were knocking Bailey recently about them not being active on the forum, it was mentioned that should you need assistance to email them and as always Bailey have replied to me within 24 hours.

I have had a reply back from Bailey (Still waiting for Hella)It appears that you do not remove the lens but remove the complete light from the back panel and remove the bulb from the rear of the light unit. I have also given it a try and it is simple, I removed the light faster than if it was screwed on. Just use something to rest the screwdriver on whilst levering against the rear panel, I thin peice of ply. Please find below directions on the removal of the rear lights. Push a flat screwdriver into the recess at the base of the light. Gently prise the bottom of the light unit out whilst pulling in a downward movement on the top of the light. The complete unit will now pull away from the rear panelTo refit is simply the reversal of the removal. Kelly has also sent me a very good Diagram with pictures to assist, should anyone wish for a copy I will email them one, just PM me and I will forward one to you. On a further note the people who were knocking Bailey recently about them not being active on the forum, it was mentioned that should you need assistance to email them and as always Bailey have replied to me within 24 hours.

hi I have a pageant with single lights and I'm stumped on How to change the bulb please could you email me the answer you got off bailey thank you

hi I have a pageant with single lights and I'm stumped on How to change the bulb please could you email me the answer you got off bailey thank you srjohna@hotmail. co. uk

• 2 months later...

Hello there I wonder if you could help I noticed that you posted about the rear light on a Bailey. I have a Bailey Pegasus Series 1 (2010) and I wonder if you were talking about the same light in you entry on the forum which I've copied below

"It appears that you do not remove the lens but remove the complete light from the back panel and remove the bulb from the rear of the light unit.
I have also given it a try and it is simple, I removed the light faster than if it was screwed on. Just use something to rest the screwdriver on whilst levering against the rear panel, I thin piece of ply.

Please find below directions on the removal of the rear lights.

Push a flat screwdriver into the recess at the base of the light.
Gently prise the bottom of the light unit out whilst pulling in a downward movement on the top of the light.
The complete unit will now pull away from the rear panel
To refit is simply the reversal of the removal.

Kelly has also sent me a very good Diagram with pictures to assist, should anyone wish for a copy I will email them one, just PM me and I will forward one to you"

Would you please be able to send me the diagram and instructions or help in anyway? my e-mail address is evans034@o2. co. uk

I would really appreciate it.

Jim

• 3 years later...

I have this problem at the moment. So is it just a matter of the screwdriver and pull from the top. Did anyone manage to do it successfully. Also had anyone got any images or diagrams to help aid my issue. Thanks

I used to have a Pageant with these lights. There is a small indented slot on the bottom edge. You push a small screwdriver into this slot which releases the cover and you can just lift it off. Replacement is just a reversal. You put the lens on at the top first and it just clicks back into place.

Cheers,

Tanker.

VW Passat + Bailey Unicorn S4 Valencia.