Oxidised Hinges

Guest John KS

Guest John KS

Has anyone had problems with the hinges on the doors oxidising? Our Challenger 560 has had few problems but we noticed while we were away for the past two weeks (Very wet!!) that the hinges on the bathroom door and the small door where the table is kept have all lost their polished look. They have all oxidised and I am at a loss to see what has caused this. I know that that WD40 will cause this and I would never use it. I do wonder if the dealer used it on the last service though?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has the same problem? :(

If you look in the Swift Group handbook it recommends that WD40 is NOT to be used either inside or out on their vans as it can " eat " sealants. .It recommends the use of Ambersil 40+..But does the dealer know this or does he know and can't be bothered?

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

Has anyone had problems with the hinges on the doors oxidising? Our Challenger 560 has had few problems but we noticed while we were away for the past two weeks (Very wet!!) that the hinges on the bathroom door and the small door where the table is kept have all lost their polished look. They have all oxidised and I am at a loss to see what has caused this. I know that that WD40 will cause this and I would never use it. I do wonder if the dealer used it on the last service though?

Would be interested to know if anyone else has the same problem? :(

Funnily enough we had the same problem on our last van - a Swift Conqueror - just assumed the previous owner had done something stupid to them but never investigated further as we sold the van on - it affected the cocktail cabinet door and the hinge on the bed guard most - they were really grey and pitted.

Trish

Guest John KS
If you look in the Swift Group handbook it recommends that WD40 is NOT to be used either inside or out on their vans as it can " eat " sealants. .It recommends the use of Ambersil 40+..But does the dealer know this or does he know and can't be bothered?

Cheers

Hobbynut

Thanks Hoobynut but I did say I did not use WD40!!!!!!!!

I have a can of Ambersil 40+ which I do use. Perhaps the Dealer doesn't know that.

Edited by John KS