Where Are Bailey These Days?

poolebob

One of the ways these forums show how good manufacturers Customer Service is is how they respond to postings. Both Bailey and Swift have in the past been very active. Swift continue to do so in that forum but Bailey have been conspicuous by their absence for the last two months. They don't seem to have even monitored this forum for at least six weeks.

As a very satisfied Bailey owner I have been keen to praise them and their customer service in the past. Has something gone wrong. Are their standards slipping.

Come on Bailey where are you? Show us you still care.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Yes, I reckon Swift's responses must gain them a few customers. And they've raised their game and whittled down the confusing array of models. That said, I'm happy up to now with our new Burgundy.

Yes come to think of it, Bailey have been quiet recently, Havent seen or heard owt of Kelly !! :blink:

Neil. .

Ford Mondeo Titanium x Auto Estate / Bailey Pagent burgundy series 7

Hi.

I have heard that she is working in the repair shop curing damp issues.

Andrew

I was at a big conference this week, and one of the things which was said was that "interactive websites need interactive organisations".

I think Kelly is pretty darned good, but its hard to give the right level of interation when it customer services people involved in the forums - it will always tend to be a 'when I have time' function. And I'm sure it becomes a chore rather than a normal way of doing business.

I remember suggesting when the manufacturers joined that they might find it uncomfortable - using forums like this, we can be much more connected about the products than the manufacturers are - and it can be seen by them as an uncomfortable shift in the balance of power. For example, if Bailey go out on a limb and do something good for someone, its easier for word to get around, and everyone to expect it. Equally, if Bailey decide to take a hard line on something, Bailey get a pasting on here and the owner will get lots of advice [perhaps based on one side of the story].

I've been amazed at people who post in the forums with titles like "FOA Bailey" or "Attn: Kelly" - if they really want to talk to the manufacturer they should use eMail. This is a forum - post a question and the collective wisdom will reply.

Edited by A11

Guest iancjc

If they've stopped then the very least they should have done was posted to that effect with email addresses for customers to contact direct.

Not doing that and doing nothing else is like receiving a returned letter with "Gone away" written on it by the post office.

Wouldn't encourage me to purchase a van from them.

I have contacted Kelly by e-mail several times regarding queries about our new van - had answers by return each time. Plus telephoned about one query, she couldn't answer it but just just 2 minutes (I timed it!!) to get me talking to their technical manager. So they are still giving good customer service.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Guest iancjc
I have contacted Kelly by e-mail several times regarding queries about our new van - had answers by return each time. Plus telephoned about one query, she couldn't answer it but just just 2 minutes (I timed it!!) to get me talking to their technical manager. So they are still giving good customer service.

I think thats the trouble when a company attempts to use the internet without understanding it - it gives an impression of a company that possibly isn't true.

I think they need to post a final - thanks and goodbye and contact us here. .....

If they've stopped then the very least they should have done was posted to that effect with email addresses for customers to contact direct.

Not doing that and doing nothing else is like receiving a returned letter with "Gone away" written on it by the post office.

Wouldn't encourage me to purchase a van from them.

The Bailey email and phone contact addresses are on the Bailey website. Why would you expect them to put them anywhere else?

http://www. bailey-caravans. co. uk/informati. ..tre/contact-us/

There is also your dealer which should be your first port of call

Brian

I personally wouldn't expect all companies to use internet forums which are publically accessible to offer advice etc on.

Whilst I would have agreed some time ago I have to say that I find Swift's contribution excellent and welcome. (as a long term Bailey owner I wish they were as good and think they are missing a trick)

Dave

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

I personally wouldn't expect all companies to use internet forums which are publically accessible to offer advice etc on.

I agree. I think they felt forced into it because Swift were doing it.

They're not being here doesn't mean that they've stopped serving customers, simply that the forum as a channel seems to have died. Kelly still gave me a reply to an email within a couple of hours last week.

We live in New Zealand and have a Bailey Senator S6 Louisiana.

From our point of view I can only say that Kelly has been fantastic in answering our emails and sorting out problems (minor) for us in pretty quick time; in addition the after sales team have been very helpful. We have no complaints. :D

I agree with the comments made by Tigger in his post on this subject

2014 Bailey Unicorn 2 Cartagena / 2006 Ford Explorer V8

I'm sure I saw Kelly had answered a query on here the other day . .. might be wrong.

Bottom line is though when you contact her direct you always, always get a reply . .. can't see the problem personally.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

I'm sure I saw Kelly had answered a query on here the other day . .. might be wrong.

Bottom line is though when you contact her direct you always, always get a reply . .. can't see the problem personally.

Echo the above.

March 11th last post

Dave

Not a problem, but missing a trick in this day and age, giving Swift a publicity advantage.

Edited by caraman1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

Reading the posts it seems Kelly is doing a great job and we could not expect her to answer every Bailey question on line.

But it would not do the company any harm in standing their corner supporting their product on forums.

The damp question is a prime example they must have have figures showing the percentage with problems year on year.

Since its so hard for any manufacturer to keep uptodate on this wide and varied forum, maybe they could run their own forum from their main Bailey website, or an ask questions section, for things you dont want an instant response to be are just interested in. ..........just a thought