Cahors Area

Off to France in early June, going a bit further south this time restriced to camping cheque sites. Just wondered if any one has been to either of these sites near Cahors.

Have read a few good reviews of La Faurie but nothing about La Truffiere.

La Truffiere seems the better location nr to St Cirq lapopie but my gut feeling is La Faurie would be the better site.

Would appreciate any comments.

thanks

Off to France in early June, going a bit further south this time restriced to camping cheque sites. Just wondered if any one has been to either of these sites near Cahors.

Have read a few good reviews of La Faurie but nothing about La Truffiere.

La Truffiere seems the better location nr to St Cirq lapopie but my gut feeling is La Faurie would be the better site.

Would appreciate any comments.

thanks

I have stayed at La Truffiere 4 times now over 15 years or so. It changed ownership back in 2003. It is a very quiet and peaceful site set in an oak forest, the facilities are clean and modern. Bar terrace and small restaurant on site. Smallish saucer shaped swimming pool.

One issue is, in my opinion, you need to arrive from the south via the D911 Cahors to Villefranche de Rouergue and some small roads D10, D8 sign posted St Cirq-de Lapopie which actually are wider than you think when you first see the white roads on the map.

Why? If you use the Cahors Figeac road and cross the river lot by a single track very narrow bridge you will come across a very very tight hairpin bend at St Cirq-Lapopie about 2km before the site, this will probably mean some reversing to get round the bend especially if the outfit is larger also the gradient there is steep. The other route is so easy so make life easier for yourself.

St Cirq is awesome and within a few k of the site you could walk it if you have an hour to spare and can stand exercise in the heat!.

N. B. I do know the french have changed the road numbers recently so I hope the numbers are OK I used the Michelin tourist and motring atlas 2008 to give these directions for you.

I can recommend this site as was, however management can change things. Never needed to book even in peak times just turn up just after lunch and you should get in.

This is not a resort site but a peaceful and calm place.

Edited by Fenester

We stayed in the area in 2005 and used the English run site at Larnagol - nice spread out site with bar and pool and about 30 minutes from Cahors.

Their web site is:- http://www. lotcamping. com/

We actually spent six weeks at this site but got our pitch for free as we did odd jobs around the site for a couple of hours a day for five days a week.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.