Help With Awning Please

rastrick

Hi, hope someone can help. When I bought my first van last year the dealer included a second-hand Ventura Atlantic awning in the sale (975cm size). We are taking the awning away for the first time this weekend and I have downloaded a set of instructions from the Ventura website. Unfortunately the instructions do not say how many pegs are needed and these are missing from the bag!! Any ideas about how many to buy would be most welcome. Thanks

Hi, hope someone can help. When I bought my first van last year the dealer included a second-hand Ventura Atlantic awning in the sale (975cm size). We are taking the awning away for the first time this weekend and I have downloaded a set of instructions from the Ventura website. Unfortunately the instructions do not say how many pegs are needed and these are missing from the bag!! Any ideas about how many to buy would be most welcome. Thanks

Hi are you going to a CC site most of their sites sell pegs buy say a dozen then you can buy more to suit ;)

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

If you really want to be precise then count all the loops along the edge of the awning, all the loops on the caravan skirt, then add on the number of guy lines that will be the answer. Its difficult to guess not having seen your awning as the number of doors will make a difference and some awnings have more guys than others. if you have 20 to 30 pegs you should be safe. Although depending where you pitch you may require a different type of peg!!

Thanks for the replies. The site is a Caravan Club AS (Uttoxeter racecourse) so not sure whether it will have a site shop so will probably buy about 30 then. Hopefully it won't blow away the first time i use it!!

From memory on an Isabella 950 awning ( same design as Ventura which is made by a subsidiary of Isabella ) I use 32 for the awning and 16 for the draught skirt. On grass pitches the red plastic pegs are great but you need rock pegs on hard standing pitches. All the CC sites sell pegs in the wardens office but usually only the steel rock pegs.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

just get the steel rock pegs then there good for any surface about 25 should sort you to start

Same here, just always use the rock pegs, hardly ever use the plastic ones.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.