Which Tv And Aerial

Hello, Please could anyone tell us if they know where we can get the cheapest digital tv with freeview for our carvan (when we pick it up) and also what type of ariel do we need and would where should we look to buy one. Thanks for your help, Ellen.

Hymer Eriba Nova 541 2014

I got a cheap one off ebay, but Tesco frequently do their own brand ones (Technika) at good prices. Ours has freeview and DVD built in. It is mains only though so if you're looking for a 12v you'll have to wait on some-one else replying. We also use the van aerial no problem.

Cruzer, aka Colin

Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional. .. Hyundai Santa Fe & Bailey Pegeant Bretagne.

I bought a meos tv off ebay for £199. The tv is 15 inch with built in dvd and freeview. The tv works off 12v & 240v and i am going to purchase a vision plus digital ariel.

Stevie. m

s60 d5-------- 1995 Fleetwood Garland

Hello, Please could anyone tell us if they know where we can get the cheapest digital tv with freeview for our carvan (when we pick it up) and also what type of ariel do we need and would where should we look to buy one. Thanks for your help, Ellen.

Comet do a 15" LCD TV with Freeview and a DVD player built in. I paid £159 and it works off mains or 12V. Although it says it takes 4 amps at 12v I have measured it at just 1A for the TV only and 2A with the DVD.

If your van has one of the latest directional aerials you shoudn't have any probs. But the round omnidirectional one are pretty useless.

So it may be better to get a small standard TV aerial and a pole to put it on.

Bob R

Comet also do a 19" HD ready LCD digital TV for £ 129. 99, (19LD45D), which has been highly recommended on another forum. We have bought one and so far; so good. Also works off 12V.

Cheers,

Jim.

Edited by Guest

We recently got a Samsung T200HD and can't praise it highly enough.

Not cheap, but it's recently come down in price, and I've seen them less than £180.

Don't be put off by reference to it being a monitor - it's just as much a TV with it's built in Freeview tuner. It's even 1080P!!

Wide viewing angle and easy to see even in bright sunlight. Can't ask for more in the caravan.

Read more here: http://www. samsung. com/uk/consumer/detail/...d=LS20TDDSUV/EN

Edited by BobbyDazzler

2007 Mercedes ML63 AMG | 2008 ACE Supreme Globestar

You could get an analogue flat screen TV and then use a Freeview set top box. combined price would be less than a digital TV.

As an alternative to freeview set top box you could get a cheap satellite dish and decoder

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

I bought this one http://direct. tesco. com/q/R. 205-5227. aspx from Tesco a few weeks ago. £129 with built-in DVD and Freeview. You can also get the same model without the DVD for (I think) £99. We previously had a TV and separate Freeview and DVD boxes. This is MUCH better!

The sound is a little tinny from the built-in speaker, but I have wall mounted the TV on the side of our wardrobe and I am in the process of wiring it to the caravan speakers to improve the sound quality. Our caravan has one of the older style status aerials and on the couple of sites we have used it so far we have had no problems. Remains to be seen what it is like on weaker signals. Either watch a DVD or simply do wthout!

I had trouble sourcing the TV in a my local Tesco branches, didn't have it on stock, but had no problem ordering it from Tesco Direct.

Pete

I bought this one http://direct. tesco. com/q/R. 205-5227. aspx from Tesco a few weeks ago. £129 with built-in DVD and Freeview. You can also get the same model without the DVD for (I think) £99. We previously had a TV and separate Freeview and DVD boxes. This is MUCH better!

I bought the same make 19" TV/DVD with freeview last December for £229, saves having to carry freeview box and all the associated cables/leads, its now about £159 :o (I think), works well with the the caravan Status 530 Aerial.

Off to Aldi's as they have a portable Sat system on offer at £64. 50 dish and receiver etc. , available in store 9. 00am Thursday 21st, for our trip to France B) .

Regards

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

I have one of these. ..

Clicky

It has the added advantage of playing Divx formats, if you know what Divx is.

In conjunction with a status 530, it goes pretty well.

Even cheaper here for a while. ..

Clicky2

Edited by TbirdX

Thanks for all the replies, so greatful for your help, our caravan is a new eriba familia and so it hasn`t got an ariel. There seems to be some good bargains around for tv`s just want to make sure that we get an ariel that works well. Couldn`t miss out on coronation street wherever we are!! sad i know but i have watched it all my life. Thanks Ellen.

We had a Familia until last year, when we got sick of the space (mainly lack of it) and changed to a larger (silver &) White box.

We used a Goodman's 15" Flat Panel (Currently for sale as a new one came with the new 'van; open to offers; boxed as new) with built in free-view. We used (and still use) a Satellite dish, rather than an aerial, as there was very little mounting space on the Eriba.

Al.

Edited by ADG

Al.

Guest John KS

Just bought a Tesco Technika 15" for £139. It includes DVD player, Freeview and HD and is 12 volt. Superb picture and just the right size for the caravan. Would definitely recommend this.

Was going to open a new thread but re-read this one and it fits the bill just as well!

I spent this evening going around Comet;Makro;Currys etc. ..and didn't find one stock model which was also 12v. The Tesco front seems a better bet. ..BUT. ..some of the sets I have seen, dont have extra scart capability for a satellite feed. ....OK most of them have a scart but on checking it is defined as an entertainment feed which by shop definition is for a DVD or similar NOT a satellite!

Anyone confirm that the Tesco one will do the satellite as well please?????

rgds

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

We bought the Tesco Technika 15. 6" TV / DVD / Freeview set a few weeks ago. £110 Tesco Direct delivered to our local store for free - although by the time I picked it up they had them in stock anyway (but £20 more!)

VERY impressed - cheaper than anything we could find at Comet, Argos, Dixons and eBay AND more attractive - the piano black finish makes it looks expensive compared to everything else we looked at.

We use it with a Maplin satellite kit so Yes the SCART is suitable.

It is a 230v set but this is via the mains adapter - the actual input to the set is 12v. I don't know if continued use on up to 13. 8v from a fully charged battery would cause any harm. I'm sure there must be something on the market that would limit the supply to the correct level though if required.

Edited by empee

Pageant 7 Bretagne - PowrTouch Mover - Kampa Rally 390 - Chrysler Grand Voyager - Hyundai Tucson

Guest John KS
We bought the Tesco Technika 15. 6" TV / DVD / Freeview set a few weeks ago. £110 Tesco Direct delivered to our local store for free - although by the time I picked it up they had them in stock anyway (but £20 more!)

VERY impressed - cheaper than anything we could find at Comet, Argos, Dixons and eBay AND more attractive - the piano black finish makes it looks expensive compared to everything else we looked at.

It is a 230v set but this is via the mains adapter - the actual input to the set is 12v. I don't know if continued use on up to 13. 8v from a fully charged battery would cause any harm. I'm sure there must be something on the market that would limit the supply to the correct level though if required.

That's the same set I was talking about. We were away at the time so didn't see it on Tescos Direct. Still good value at £20 more. Tried the HD on it at home and it is superb and almost as good as our Samsung £700 set!!!!!!

Shipbroker

Yes the Tesco set has a scart lead and will do satellite and it has HDMI socket. Go get one!!!!

We don't run ours from the 12volt if we have no mains, I just plug it into an inverter that cost £20 with no problem at all. If you want details PM me.

Tks John/empee. ..will go have a look tomorrow. .......

rgds

geoff

. ..also available in 19" :)

Pageant 7 Bretagne - PowrTouch Mover - Kampa Rally 390 - Chrysler Grand Voyager - Hyundai Tucson

Guest John KS
. ..also available in 19" :)

We have a 19" in our kitchen but found it too big for the caravan so webought the 15". Depends where you put it I suppose :huh:

Thought this might strike a chord!!!!

rgds

geoff

• 2 weeks later...
That's the same set I was talking about. We were away at the time so didn't see it on Tescos Direct. Still good value at £20 more. Tried the HD on it at home and it is superb and almost as good as our Samsung £700 set!!!!!!

Shipbroker

Yes the Tesco set has a scart lead and will do satellite and it has HDMI socket. Go get one!!!!

We don't run ours from the 12volt if we have no mains, I just plug it into an inverter that cost £20 with no problem at all. If you want details PM me.

Hi, Please could you tell me where you get the inverter from? think we may go for the tesco tv. Thanks Ellen.

I've just ordered a 19" tft with built in dvd and freeview from ebuyer which has a 3 year guarantee. Not sure what the quality is like but some very good reviews by buyers, this set scored 4 out of 5 and the same tv without dvd player scored 4. 5 out of 5 in customer reviews.

£150 for dvd model or £139 without. Power consumption is only 55 watts so it will happily run on my 300 watt invertor for 12v use.

I'll let you know how I get on with it.