Shock Absorber Installation Question

Feel like Im failing at the first hurdle!!!

The rectangular cap under the suspension arm that has to be removed to fit the brackets. ...is it me or is it difficult to prise out? I assumed a screwdriver would 'pop' it out but all I seem to be doing if stretching the rubberised coating on it.

Is there a specific technique you used on yours . ...or do I just need to give it a bit more grunt?

My reading glasses are too close and my computer glasses are too far - without either its all a blur- pathetic I know! Dont tell me I need to buy some caravan maintenance distance glasses now!!! :huh:

Just give it some "welly" put a large blade screwdriver under the edge of the cap and give a few taps with mallet on the screwdriver handle - soon pops out - can't do any damage and you throw the cap away anyway.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Just give it some "welly" put a large blade screwdriver under the edge of the cap and give a few taps with mallet on the screwdriver handle - soon pops out - can't do any damage and you throw the cap away anyway.

Thanks - was trying for once to be careful. I can do 'welly' though!

All done! Didnt even need to jack up the van!

Wonder why Al-ko specify a torque setting required when all joints are metal to metal?

Edited by ricfield