What Is Flood Control.?

Do you mean that your PC is being prevented from showing the screen, and you have reason to believe this is to do with flood control?

Can you give more specific information regarding what sort of problems, if any, are occurring that you describe as flood control?

Hi I am on here most days and am constantly not able to see posts due to flood control.

Very frustrating. :angry:

From the Help files on the forum

If the forum administrator has enabled, you may have a minimum amount of time to wait between searches, this is known as search flood control.

So if you try to search topics too quickly this kicks in.

GPS

From the Help files on the forum

So if you try to search topics too quickly this kicks in.

GPS

Why?

What does it do ?

I sit and wait for ages some times --

and some times it is quicker to pen a new window. .

Cant see the point. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Why?

What does it do ?

Maurice

From Invision this is the reason

We have received numerous reports from clients regarding spamming on the Personal Message (PM) system in IP. Board 2. 3. 6 and below. After consulting with reCaptcha (the provider of the captcha system in 2. 3. 6) we believe that humans are being used to bypass the captcha and then the newly created account is given to an automated script which sends PMs in huge quantities to your members.

The patch we have released today introduces a flood control setting to the PM system in IP. Board 2. 3. 6. This will limit how fast a member can send PMs thereby giving you and your moderators time to ban the offending account.

Personally I have never seen it operate but if anyone is seeing it operate under normal conditions, then let us know

Brian

Why?

What does it do ?

I sit and wait for ages some times --

and some times it is quicker to pen a new window. .

Cant see the point. .

Maurice

Hi Maurice hope this post helps.

Flood control is a routine running on a web server that stops a user hitting the server too much thus preventing things like service attacks where people try to a bring a server down by giving it too much load via automatic (code driven) repeated searches or data requests. It is designed to protect the server.

Flood control counts the demand of a particular user via his/her IP address and limits how many times you can do searches within a determined time period.

In terms of how this is set up on this forum, parameters, I don't know.

It may well be affected by the number of people doing searches at a point in time and or the quality of your line and pc putting through too much demand.(Hi Ping)

People with low specified pc's and wireless networks get thrown off gaming servers for Hi ping as there high traffic demand on the server as the poor PC struggles to keep up by sending more and more data requests.

I constantly receive this message from this and another forum using Invision when I click on the "View new posts" tab.

:huh: I can second this does it nearly 50% percent of times I click view new posts or after selecting my assistant -last 10 posts

I constantly receive this message from this and another forum using Invision when I click on the "View new posts" tab.

My flood control problem is the same, I read a post go to click new topics and almost every time get the flood control message saying wait 20 seconds, am not trying to pm anyone.

[