Don't Be Alarmed!

Dalec

Hi

We have just sold our motorhome and bought a new caravan (yes that's right) from Lowdhams.

The new Sterling Eccles Ruby (1595kg end bathroom model) was collected nearly three weeks ago now from the dealer in Huddersfield. The usual handover procedure was done and things seemed ok, although the alarm misbehaved which we thought was a finger problem - this triggered the Phantom at the time!

At home the 'van was secured and the alarm set. The following day the alarm was dead. After a number of calls with the dealer (I had to be really persistent) and resetting the alarm and re-programming the key fobs, following their instructions, the problem couldn't be solved. So I had to take the caravan back to the dealer (2 hour round trip). One of the engineers looked at the alarm and after a while he unscrewed it and switched it off and on again. They didn't seem to know much about this new alarm. After the "re-boot" the alarm worked (it also triggered the Phantom again) so they thought that it had cured the fault.

I took the carvan home. Secured it and set the alarm - the next day the alarm was dead again. At that point after finally getting through to someone, they said that they couldn't do anything else, except to order a new one (it's a Nordlectronica alarm) which they said they would have in last week. I have rung them three times now and can't get through to Service, but left messages with the receptionist with promises that they would ring back. No reply and now I feel that I am being stone walled, whilst my property is at risk.

I have been impressed by Swift's involvement in this forum, but this dealer is not keeping up their side of the deal in my opinion.

Does anyone have any useful suggestions please as I am getting rather frustrated and in the meantime my new 'van is not alarmed and therefore the proactive tracking is not working?

Thanks

Dale

Edited by Dalec

The Beast (Chrysler 300C Tourer) pulls the beauty (Sterling Eccles Ruby).

Dale

If you want us to look into this please email me your chassis number and details,

Many thanks

Andy

(As I am out of the office tomorrow please email my colleague adhir@swiftleisure. co. uk and we will investigate this for you)

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Thanks for your prompt response Andy. I have emailed as you suggest.

Dale

Timed at 22. 15 at night and I have just had an email from Ash at Swift with a way forward. Very impressive customer service from Swift. Maybe the dealer could take a leaf out of their book.

Thank you Andy and Ash

Dale

Edited by Dalec

I was at a big conference this week, and one of the things which was said was that "interactive websites need interactive organisations". It made me think of Swift! I think Swift have gone beyond that by monitoring and getting involved in the major caravan forums. They seem to be one of those 'always on' companies.

The other manufacturers try to have their customer services people get involved in the forums. That's fine but it will always tend to be a 'when I have time' function - and they'll only ever have a fraction of the engagement Swift have with customers. And it will always seem a chore rather than a normal way of doing business. Swift are getting the technical people interacting - so the chap who specifies the windows or the charger or whatever is the one who knows whether it really is that reliable in service. And whether a simple change in the production process could fix a common problem.

What do Swift get in return? I'd suggest that they will rapidly get to know a lot more about which dealers do their brand good or bad. What common problems people experience. Brand loyalty.

Will Swift get it right every time? Of course not. Indeed, by having much more dialogue going on it could on the surface appear that there are more problems - but that will soon even out.

Edited by A11

I do agree with you Tigger from what I have seen. Swift do seem to really engage and pick up on issues quickly. If the info gets used well and gets down to the staff who select the components or build the products and the dealers, then the company will gain by understanding issues and sorting them quickly. This will enhance their reputation and products.

In life nothing is perfect and things do go wrong. The good companies handle issues well rather than shy away from them. I remember the good after sales service and pass it on. I also note the poor service and don't go back.

So well done Swift so far. It's great to see a company which cares about its products and customers.

Dale

Question from Dale
Dale

If you want us to look into this please email me your chassis number and details,

So well done Swift so far. It's great to see a company which cares about its products and customers.

Dale

1. Customer has a problem.

2. Swift reply within 9 minutes.

3. Customer is happy.

Now that's service!

We would encourage all caravan/motorhome manufacturers and dealers to be part of Caravan Talk and monitor the feedback available here. Well done Swift. Let's hope that Dale's alarm problem can be resolved quickly.

Gordon.

Admin

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Well done for moving this for everyone to see, I wish every manufacturer got involved so quickly.

Jeff