Coachman Caravans

coachman

Any one had there Pastiche reseald ?. I had our Pastiche 460/2 2001 reseald at both rear awning rails and was told that to make a better job of resealing they left out a particular seal and used mastic instead, i can still see the rubber one on top so i am not sure which one they meant by leaving one out . They also said that Coachman made a poor job with tha screws which hold the awning rail on ie insufficient and not screwed in more like punched in on some of them, plus the rear panel is not a very good fit with the side panel as when they meet you can see they use mastic to fill the discrepancy up. And there i was thinking i had a better build than others .

It's very rare to read about problems with Coachman - it was on the strengh of their build quality and water tightness that we bought this one! You may just have been unlucky, after all it's impossible to get it right 100% of the time!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

• 4 weeks later...
It's very rare to read about problems with Coachman - it was on the strengh of their build quality and water tightness that we bought this one! You may just have been unlucky, after all it's impossible to get it right 100% of the time!

The only two caravans I have had which suffered water ingress was a Coachman VIP 460/2 and a VIP 520/4. I know this is just coincidence (?) but guess which make of caravan I will not buy in future.

Bryan

Swift Challenger 530 SR 2012

Landrover Freelander 2 Td4 Auto Diesel 2010

40 years a Caravan Club member

The only two caravans I have had which suffered water ingress was a Coachman VIP 460/2 and a VIP 520/4. I know this is just coincidence (?) but guess which make of caravan I will not buy in future.

Bryan

That's interesting, Bryan. I have had more new vans than I care to remember of all makes. The only two that have suffered water ingress were a VIP 460/2 and a Pastiche 470/2, made 6 years apart. To say I was disapointed would be an understatement and i wasn't impressed with the couldn't care less attitude from Coachman either. Both 'vans were bought from new and from different Dealers. The VIP had damp detected at it's very first service, in the rear wall and the Pastiche I found to be 'wet' the day after delivery. .....guess where?! Thanks to my Dealer, the Pastiche was swapped for my current Conqueror within a week.

I accept that the Dealer shouldn't have let the 'van be delivered to me - but neither should Coachman have released it from the Factory! So much for all the pre delivery testing that is supposed to take place at Coachman.

Never again will I even look at a Coachman Van, let alone buy one. ........

Martin

2011 S Max Titanium Powershift

2011 Citroen C3 Picasso Exclusive

2011 Swift Conqueror 570 Special Equipment

'If I'd Been Born Thirty Years Later They Would Call It ADHD'

:angry: This is bad news. I was really impressed by a Coachman rig I saw at the Caravan show at the NEC in October and they are (were ?) top of my list.

Volvo V70 D4 Estate automatic Swift Challenger SE 580

Horses for courses,we traded in our 99' Coachman Amara which was as dry as a bone with not even a hint of water ingress for our present van which was a year old when we bought it,it's been back to the dealer twice now for water ingress and is due to go back in again for more ingress problems,so would i buy another Coachman?,without hesitation!

Edited by grasmere59

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482

Horses for courses,we traded in our 99' Coachman Amara which was as dry as a bone with not even a hint of water ingress for our present van which was a year old when we bought it,it's been back to the dealer twice now for water ingress and is due to go back in again for more ingress problems,so would i buy another Coachman?,without hesitation!

Interesting. I would say to get one leaky 'van from a maker was just unlucky, possibly. But to have two vans from the same maker with the same problems, built years apart makes me question the build and not my luck! ;)

Interesting. I would say to get one leaky 'van from a maker was just unlucky, possibly. But to have two vans from the same maker with the same problems, built years apart makes me question the build and not my luck! ;)

I seems strange the leaky ones mentioned in this post were the upmarket ones vip/pastiche,i know what your saying though,once bitten etc,hopefully when our Elddis has gone in for the last water ingress issue that will be that. Would i buy another Explorer group van?Not sure,but i would'nt dismiss it totaly as we love the layouts and i've spoken to many people who have no problem whatsoever with there Explorer vans,as for luck,the way mine's going this year i think anything i bought would be a disaster :)

I seems strange the leaky ones mentioned in this post were the upmarket ones vip/pastiche,i know what your saying though,once bitten etc,hopefully when our Elddis has gone in for the last water ingress issue that will be that. Would i buy another Explorer group van?Not sure,but i would'nt dismiss it totaly as we love the layouts and i've spoken to many people who have no problem whatsoever with there Explorer vans,as for luck,the way mine's going this year i think anything i bought would be a disaster :)

Painful, isn't it? I hope all get's sorted with your 'van.

Martin ;)

Painful, isn't it? I hope all get's sorted with your 'van.

Martin ;)

Just washed and polished the van and it looks a treat,i'm confident it'll all get sorted in the end,we are looking forward to the new Elddis 540 and see what that looks like as we have now decided a fixed bed is the way to go. I wonder if Coachman will follow other manufacturers and bring out a single axle fixed bed end bathroom model?I know the 545/4 almost does that but boy is it a heavy van.

Just washed and polished the van and it looks a treat,i'm confident it'll all get sorted in the end,we are looking forward to the new Elddis 540 and see what that looks like as we have now decided a fixed bed is the way to go. I wonder if Coachman will follow other manufacturers and bring out a single axle fixed bed end bathroom model?I know the 545/4 almost does that but boy is it a heavy van.

Coachman are bringing out such a model, in both Pastiche and Amara guises. See the news section of the Coachman website - I had an email advising me a couple of weeks back. They are due to be launched at the NEC, I think.

Coachman are bringing out such a model, in both Pastiche and Amara guises. See the news section of the Coachman website - I had an email advising me a couple of weeks back. They are due to be launched at the NEC, I think.

Cheers i'll have a look,

I had my year old Amara Kimberly 450/2 serviced last week and guess what? Nothing wrong with it. Any damp? - no, of course not.

A Fiat Doblo camper and a Lunar Ariva 2019
grace my drive.