Great Week Ends In Nightmare

utterchaos

hi all had a great week away in the van, down at forest edge in the new forest then today all packed up ready to head home hitched to car, drove about 10mins down the road and the temp on my fronterea went up to over 100 so pulled over and remembered i got the 6* thing from discover so was on the phone to the AA who arrived and informed me that the head gasket had gone, i am getting co2 into the cooling system so i could not drive the car. so was stuck on the a31.

Luckly the 6* thing coverd my car and van and it was all hitched up to a huge waggon and taken home, even put the van on the driveway for me, now just got to find out what the damage to the car is and hopefully get it sorted out, its a 2. 2rs sport frontera 2001

so a good time away had for all and then me bit on the bum by my car going and freaking out

utterchaos

hi all had a great week away in the van, down at forest edge in the new forest then today all packed up ready to head home hitched to car, drove about 10mins down the road and the temp on my fronterea went up to over 100 so pulled over and remembered i got the 6* thing from discover so was on the phone to the AA who arrived and informed me that the head gasket had gone, i am getting co2 into the cooling system so i could not drive the car. so was stuck on the a31.

Luckly the 6* thing coverd my car and van and it was all hitched up to a huge waggon and taken home, even put the van on the driveway for me, now just got to find out what the damage to the car is and hopefully get it sorted out, its a 2. 2rs sport frontera 2001

so a good time away had for all and then me bit on the bum by my car going and freaking out

utterchaos

It is at times like that that you realise that the breakdown cover is worth every penny!

By the way, it is worth keeping an eye on the quality of the oil in your engine after the gasket is replaced. It can happen that the the cylinder heads distort slightly and the gasket no longer lies perfectly flat so coolant can creep out and cause the oil to emulsify slightly. It is my number one check when looking at cars to buy - take off the oil filler cap and see if there is any creamy stuff inside! Best to know that all is well before you set off again.

Hope your next trip is plain sailing!