Child Friendly V Child Free

candlegirl

Any old experienced hands have some info for me.

After spending a weekend on a site where our kids were the only children there and had the playpark to themselves for the weekend (they still had a ball and enjoyed it but they see each other every day). They park was full of caravans when we arrived and they were looking forward to having other kids to play with. They look for caravanning to meet other kids to play with and have some fun. It was a CC site and no cycling signs everywhere and NO kids. Is that typical of CC sites or maybe just the one we were on.

The CCC site the week before was awesome, very child friendly and lots of children in it. Maybe thats the difference. CC for those wishing a quiet life and CCC for more fun.

What is everyone's experiences of the club sites for children. Don't want to do that again.

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

I will watch this with interest as we will soon be caravanning with my family and we have two children (4 and 2) and I would like to join either the CC or the CCC but prefer one that has very child friendly sites.

michelle

I will watch this with interest as we will soon be caravanning with my family and we have two children (4 and 2) and I would like to join either the CC or the CCC but prefer one that has very child friendly sites.

michelle

They both have family friendly sites if you look on the websites for both clubs it quite clearly list the site's in different catogory's and there are some that are more popular with familys than others usually the location determines this to an extent, for instance some club site are in areas that appeal to walker's, birdwatchers, cyclers etc where others may be near the coast or for instance in the middle of York (rowntree park ) so both clubs do cater for family's .

Both the C. C and the C&CC are good however the C. C has nearly twice as many sites and also has many more open 12 months of the year there facilties tend to be a bit more modern and you will find the standard does not vary much where the C&CC has sites of which some are modern and others are not so good although they are of a reasonable standard . Also the C. C allow you to pick your own pitch where the C&CC allocate you a pitch before you arrive :D

The no cycling or ball games applys to both clubs but only in certain parts of the sites in case any damage to caravans or awning's were to happen

Edited by neil and lena

Hi,

I can't say that I've noticed a lack of children on CC sites. Mind you, once upon a time, there were very few CC sites with children's play areas on them though I have noticed that situation has now been looked at and I see ever more sites with play areas,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Abbey Wood CC had about 50 kids last week - all in tents, but they seemed well behaved and were out most of the day, don't know how they were at night as we were only there during the day readying our van in storage for the next trip!

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

I personally find that CC sites are too expensive for a normal family on a normal income. Once you've added up the pitch fee, adult fee, child fee together - it can come to over £20 per night. Granted the facilities are good, but think that the CC price themselves out of the 'family market'. A bit like charging for dogs to discourage owners from bringing them! :o

However, we are members of the CC and not the CCC as we use the CL network extensively (not many CS's in our area), and see plenty of children on there, although some are a bit sparse at times.

I would look more towards a commercial site or use the CCC more until children are a little older. Again as has been said already, depends on the site in question.

Good luck

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

Thanks - we were in Braemar at the Invercauld and it was very child free apart from my lot gliding along the slidy swinging thing in pouring rain. 650 adults in teensy Braemar thanks to some walk that was on and they put on an impromptu outside party for all the people who had gathered in the evening and they were not expecting on Saturday night. We didn't find out about till the next day as the hotel can't take children after 8pm for meals, so we stayed at the caravan and totally missed out. We did think the music got a bit loud !!!!!

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

I think the 'amount it costs' point is a very fair one to make. You can make a site as 'child friendly' as possible but if the prices are too high then some families can't afford to use them. We like to holiday a lot, have chosen a lot of non CC sites this year based on cost (last year we couldn't get on ones we wanted to use) only CC recognised site I think we'll be using is Kielder. Lake district trip I am paying £22 per night all in (no extra charges for kids/dogs/awnings etc) York trip I am paying £19 a night all in (again no additional charges for kids/dogs/awnings etc and fishing included for the little guy) Neither have CC status but both have good reviews. If we have company as we have in the past, it can work out about £15 cheaper a night, for that saving I'll use my own facilities if they aren't very nice.

Edited by lil_me