Shogun Coughs Soot All Over 'van

scotsman25

Hi,

Bought a 92 Shogun for van tugging duty.

Out for first time this w/e.

Noticed that its been couging soot type stuff all over the front/sides. . :angry:

Anyone else have this problem?

What do you clean the van with?

Cheers, Craig.

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>

Give it an oil change and then a good boot down a quiet road to work the turbo. When its under pressure its throwing out the soot thats been sitting in the pipes.

As for the soot, theres a variety of things.

I use cillit bang to remove black streaks from my van, some people use furniture polish etc etc.

If you have an Aldi near you there is bottles of caravan cleaner on offer this week, Thursday, for 2. 99.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Hi,

Noticed that its been couging soot type stuff all over the front/sides. . :angry:

Cheers, Craig.

Hi Craig

To stop it happening again, get a Exhaust trim, that deflects it down.

Something like this:

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/Universal-Chrome-Exh. ..%3A1%7C294%3A50

Radiotwo

Edited by RADIOTWO

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Change the engine oil and the air filter add some fuel system cleaner to the tank such as Forte and give it a good run, that should help reduce the soot.

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

Servicing your vehicle will make a marginal difference but will not cure the problem. I run 4 diesel vehicles and I can tell you that soot is a bi-product of burning diesel and unless the engine isn't running it will always come out of the exhaust. Save your money and just wash it off with cheap car shampoo. DIY stores sell it at about £4 a gallon. I'm not sure about using cillet bang on the van but I wouldn't.

Edited by sean c

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

Guest tyke65

I was advised by an old guy cleaning vans at a dealership that it was fine to use any old cleaner to get the black streaks off but to rinse the van down with clean water to get rid of any trace of the cleaner. I've just read this and I know what I mean but what I say is very confusing.

Hi,

Cheers, Craig.

Well, it is old enough to smoke. :unsure:

Good suggestions. ... many thanks.

Any other Pajero/shogun tips welcome.

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>

Hi,

Cheers, Craig.

To reduce smoke coming out of your exhaust please see here

In particular follow Robjax's advise, i done it with my Terrano and the effect is highly significant.

regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

http://www. pocuk. com/

Try asking people who know about them ;) I am sure they will be able to point you in the correct direction to repair the car

Ours is a 57 plate diesel and I don't waste money on premium diesel in that. ... :D

Oh. .. I've been posting in the pocuk forums too. These forums are worth their weight in Gold!! :)

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Hi,

Cheers, Craig.

Hi Again Craig

What about one of these ?

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/CARAVAN-FRONT-TOWING. ..5QQcmdZViewItem

Radiotwo

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Hi Again Craig

Radiotwo

Mmmm. .... cant help but think - Nappy for a caravan. :D

Good idea though. .. Thanks. ;)

Mmmm. .... cant help but think - Nappy for a caravan. :D

Good idea though. .. Thanks. ;)

I beleive some call them a "BRA"

Radiotwo

Hi Again Craig

Radiotwo

I recently purchased one of these covers and what a difference it has made to the front of the caravan - I was forever cleaning the 'van when I finished a journey, now, with the cover on I don't get any marks on the front of the 'van.

Check out http://www. click2add. co. uk/index. html?target=dept_4. html on the Pajero Owners club site - wait until you have a quarter or less of a tankful of fuel left, add a can of Protec and give the car a good run on the open road - periodic treatment keeps the unit sounding sweet. I have just sold my Pajero (must alter my signature) but a good oil and filter change, air filter change and a can of this stuff works wonders especially before an MOT

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645