Questions - Bailey Pageant Champagne 2001

mazzyc

Hello all, I am really pleased to have found this site and hoping I am going to get some answers to some questions and some help!

I have just bought a Bailey Pageant Champagne 2001 and hope to pick it up this week.

I did caravan when I was much younger but havent towed one etc as was only a child!

Sorry there are lots of questions so hope it's ok with you I just list them below!?

Does anyone know what size awning we would need? I am hoping to buy one and a bedroom annexe. Also any reccomendations for the best place to buy this?

Would we be able to tow the caravan with a 1. 6 Vauxhall Zafira?

I need to buy some sort of security for the caravan - would a wheel clamp be ok and any reccomendations on best place to purchase?

Looking at insurance - is the Caravan Club a good one?

For our first trip in it we are only going to go very close by (in/near Essex) and somewhere the children (4 and 2) will enjoy. Do people reccomend joining the Caravan Club so as to get a good idea of what it around?

Thank you in advance for your help - really is appreciated.

Michelle

Michelle

Hi Michelle

First of all welcome to Caravan Talk

Unfortunately the max tow weight of your Zafira is only 1100Kg or maybe only 1000kg depending on model.

http://www. cuddles. abelgratis. net/vauxhall. htm#zafira05

A 2001 Champagne weight is 1340kg so its not even close

http://www. cuddles. abelgratis. net/bailey. htm#pageant01

This may not be the answer you want to hear but you need to know the facts before you go ahead with your purchase.

To be honest with a 1. 6 Zafira you would have difficulty in finding a suitable caravan adequate for two children and in the weight range permitted.

Brian

Hello all, I am really pleased to have found this site and hoping I am going to get some answers to some questions and some help!

I have just bought a Bailey Pageant Champagne 2001 and hope to pick it up this week.

I did caravan when I was much younger but havent towed one etc as was only a child!

Sorry there are lots of questions so hope it's ok with you I just list them below!?

Does anyone know what size awning we would need? I am hoping to buy one and a bedroom annexe. Also any reccomendations for the best place to buy this?

I need to buy some sort of security for the caravan - would a wheel clamp be ok and any reccomendations on best place to purchase?

Looking at insurance - is the Caravan Club a good one?

For our first trip in it we are only going to go very close by (in/near Essex) and somewhere the children (4 and 2) will enjoy. Do people reccomend joining the Caravan Club so as to get a good idea of what it around?

Thank you in advance for your help - really is appreciated.

Michelle

michelle why did you not check your cars towing ability before buying a caravan, Zafira's tend to have very low tow weights because they are basically a overgrown vauxhall astra (small car) with the exception of some of the newer models they have limited towing capacities so i doubt whether you car can tow this van legally .

If your vauxhall is not legal for this weight of van i would not even consider going on the road as you may be prosecuted and your insurance could be invalid, not the kind of news you want to hear i know so be 100% sure before towing

Thank you for your replies and the link for the Aldi site - will have a look.

The reason is we have other heavier cars for towing it so now need to check the weight of those but wanted to see if the Zafira was suitable as would need to get a towbar fitted whereas another car we have already has a towbar and as i am sharing the caravan with my Dad we have the option of his car (Honda) towing too.

We havent paid for the caravan yet just sorting it all out now.

I am off to check weights of the other cars.

Thank you

Michelle