C&cc Rally At Les Vallee Des Vignes

Anyone going to the this rally in the Loire region with the Camping & Caravanning Club

Yes we are . We are looking forward to it. Hope the weather is better than this. My sister lives most of the year in the south of France and the weather is very wet and thunder storms at the moment. See you in Loire.

Jac & Cyn

Yes we are . We are looking forward to it. Hope the weather is better than this. My sister lives most of the year in the south of France and the weather is very wet and thunder storms at the moment. See you in Loire.

Jac & Cyn

Look forward to meeting you we arrive on the 10th and leave on the 30th, the site is good we stayed there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it just hope the sun shines .

neil & lena

Look forward to meeting you we arrive on the 10th and leave on the 30th, the site is good we stayed there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it just hope the sun shines .

neil & lena

We are looking forward to the rally. We arrive on the 12th June and leave on the 27th. If you have been before, can you recommend the best route, avoiding Paris at all costs! Did you go at the same time last year and what was the weather like?. We have an elddis odessey and a peugeot 807. Approx how many people were on the rally last year?

jac and cyn

Hi, This is one of the C&CC rallies we are considering, as well as le Pin Parasol in the Vendee for a 2nd week. We intend going for 3/4 weeks in total, but with people saying it cheaper carrying food from UK Im concerned about weight. can you tell me if price of food is same as in UK or is it only certain item that are expensive. Do I have to carry wastehog in France, i do have about 15metre of drainage hose that I carry for use on service pitches.

Looking at travel from Hull to Zeebrugge, we also have 30 C&CC Freedom Camping Cheques but considering Camping Cheques from Caravan Club.

Any help appreciated.

Kindest regards

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi, This is one of the C&CC rallies we are considering, as well as le Pin Parasol in the Vendee for a 2nd week. We intend going for 3/4 weeks in total, but with people saying it cheaper carrying food from UK Im concerned about weight. can you tell me if price of food is same as in UK or is it only certain item that are expensive. Do I have to carry wastehog in France, i do have about 15metre of drainage hose that I carry for use on service pitches.

Looking at travel from Hull to Zeebrugge, we also have 30 C&CC Freedom Camping Cheques but considering Camping Cheques from Caravan Club.

Any help appreciated.

Kindest regards

Brianinhull

We always use a waste hog but I understand that this site has drainage on pitch,although I havn't been to this site before. We will stay over on the way down and not all sites have drainage on the pitch,the waste drain can be quite far away, as can the electric point. We overnighted on a site last year and the electric point was about 6 caravans away. I think the cost of french food averages out about the same but certain 'english' items may be dearer cereals etc which may be hard to come by. We always take cereal,bisto,red sauce,heinz beans,tea bags . english biscuits and a couple of those 'part baked' long life bread packs just in case! Saying all this, but i don't know how the euro has affected the cost of grocery in france this year, perhaps someone who has been recently would know .

Hi all,

We have a cottage in the village, John & Lesley will make you most welcome at 'V'D'V'. We first stayed there some six years ago, became very good friends "and the rest is history". Can't be there during the Rally dates but we will be bringing our new Geist Caravan down in early July to cellebrate 'Bastile' with our good friends and neighbours in the village. Then on down to 'La Pin Parasol' at Lac Journay for a week or two. Belonging to Brittany Ferries ' Property Owners Club' we travel Portsmouth to Caen on the overnight.( Shower in the cabin, free breakfast on the boat ) then a steady drive on down past Le Mans and Saumur, arriving in time for lunch. Even from Hull I'd take a steady drive down M1,A43,M40,A34, knowing after a 'kip on the boat we've only got 3 or 4 Hours of Autoroute to get there. Don't bother taking anything but your favourite basics regards food. You're on holliday, enjoy the Country you're in. Have a good'n,Catch ya later,indoors.

Edited by indoors

" Roughing it, Smoothly " Toyota 3-0 D4D Twincab towing a Hymer Eriba Nova 545 SL

We are looking forward to the rally. We arrive on the 12th June and leave on the 27th. If you have been before, can you recommend the best route, avoiding Paris at all costs! Did you go at the same time last year and what was the weather like?. We have an elddis odessey and a peugeot 807. Approx how many people were on the rally last year?

jac and cyn

Hi the best route will be A16 to Abbeville A28 to Rouen then through Rouen and you can either come of the first slip road before crossing the river and follow the N15 along the river bank or if you prefer stay on the A28 cross the river and follow signs for Louviers A13, then N154 Evreux until you join the N12 for a short distance towards Dreux , N154 again towards Chartres and around chartres ring road N123 and join the N10 for a short while and on to the A11 in the direction of Le Man and then onto Angers .

On approaching Angers take either the A85 and come of at junction 3 direction Saumur cross river and pick up signs for Doue la Fontaine or alternatively on approach to Angers exit junction 14 follow dual carriage way around Angers over the Loire river and come of on the D748 direction Brissac-Quince then D761 for Doue la Fontaine .

Last year we were there first 2 weeks in july and the weather was hot but it was not a Rally site then however the site is British owned and was fairly busy with Brits and dutch people and the owners John and Lesley are very welcoming.

Used the above route this year as far as Chartres when on route to Spain but continued onto Orleans then, if you use a sat nav as i do set it to route you via Rouen and it will keep you away from Paris hope this helps

neil

p. s it not that bad going through Rouen although looks a bit daunting at first probably someone else will tell you a better route but thats the way we will be coming from Boulogne

Last year we had our own water tap and waste water drain right next to the van i think all the pitches are fully serviced

Edited by neil and lena

We always use a waste hog but I understand that this site has drainage on pitch,although I havn't been to this site before. We will stay over on the way down and not all sites have drainage on the pitch,the waste drain can be quite far away, as can the electric point. We overnighted on a site last year and the electric point was about 6 caravans away. I think the cost of french food averages out about the same but certain 'english' items may be dearer cereals etc which may be hard to come by. We always take cereal,bisto,red sauce,heinz beans,tea bags . english biscuits and a couple of those 'part baked' long life bread packs just in case! Saying all this, but i don't know how the euro has affected the cost of grocery in france this year, perhaps someone who has been recently would know .

15 -20 foot of drainage pipe will suffice and bring heinz beans, bisto, cereal, tetley tea etc, there is a good Super U and Intermarche in Doue la fontaine

Update on route there is a new road A28 open takes you nearly all the way from Rouen to Saumur my map only shows it under construction but it now open

Thank you all for your help-see you at Vallee Des Vignes

Jac&cyn

Hi, you may want to consider your outfit before using this site. We have an average van and awning, pitches are that small we had to go on tiptoes to squeeze past the awning to exit the pitch, nowhere to sit out. We only stayed there to get wine from the vineyard down the road (has changed hands recently but is still recommended). Yes, you do get a warm welcome but if you are looking for real France, this will not be for you. Curry nights, loud entertainment a la Butlins. ...Shame, site could be so much more, toilet blocks are excellent but it is all too English for me, as Peter Kay would say, "it's just like being at home, only you have got the weather". The only advantage is that it is a site in France that knows what an aquaroll and wastemaster are and have facilities for you to empty, unlike most of the sites that we have stayed on. Food prices have increased on a lot of products in France, we noticed things have gone up on things that we buy every year and fter a recent trip to Paris, I was putting some things back that I would have gladly bought before. We have taken staples such as pasta etc for the past two years when Euro has been bad, this has kept costs down. We have seen a hike in fruit and veg prices but you still cannot beat the quality of French food. I know it is each to their own but I would never stay here again am afraid.

"Scars are souvenirs you never loose"

2010 Swift Charisma Freestyle 550 + 2007 Nissan Pathfinder Aventura.

Forgot to add that the zoo at Doue la fontaine is well worth a visit!!

Hi, you may want to consider your outfit before using this site. We have an average van and awning, pitches are that small we had to go on tiptoes to squeeze past the awning to exit the pitch, nowhere to sit out. We only stayed there to get wine from the vineyard down the road (has changed hands recently but is still recommended). Yes, you do get a warm welcome but if you are looking for real France, this will not be for you. Curry nights, loud entertainment a la Butlins. ...Shame, site could be so much more, toilet blocks are excellent but it is all too English for me, as Peter Kay would say, "it's just like being at home, only you have got the weather". The only advantage is that it is a site in France that knows what an aquaroll and wastemaster are and have facilities for you to empty, unlike most of the sites that we have stayed on. Food prices have increased on a lot of products in France, we noticed things have gone up on things that we buy every year and fter a recent trip to Paris, I was putting some things back that I would have gladly bought before. We have taken staples such as pasta etc for the past two years when Euro has been bad, this has kept costs down. We have seen a hike in fruit and veg prices but you still cannot beat the quality of French food. I know it is each to their own but I would never stay here again am afraid.

Jonathan

You must have been on a small pitch because we were there last year in july and we had a full size awning up and parked the car in front and still had room for loungers and cadac and of course the pitches are fully serviced which is an advantage . The C&CC rally is at the top part of the site as far as i'm aware which is more open so space wont be an issue . Although the site was fairly busy with mostly British and Dutch there was never any loud music when we were there . When did you use the site ?

neil

Jonathan

You must have been on a small pitch because we were there last year in july and we had a full size awning up and parked the car in front and still had room for loungers and cadac and of course the pitches are fully serviced which is an advantage . The C&CC rally is at the top part of the site as far as i'm aware which is more open so space wont be an issue . Although the site was fairly busy with mostly British and Dutch there was never any loud music when we were there . When did you use the site ?

neil

We used the site in the summer of 2005, first on a one-nighter on the way to the Charente, then 3 nights on the way back up country. The first pitch was basically left from the office, round the corner (seem to remember statics??) then on the left. Nice & tight, couldn;t have put an awning up on that pitch!! Second stay we were originally directed to pitch a little way further on, again on the left, nearer to the toilet blocks, due to the tree it was nigh on impossible again to get the van on - in fact it knocked the top of the flue on the roof. Eventually we were told to use another pitch to the back of that one.

Sorry, can't upload the photographic proof for some reason - despite file being less that 70k it won't go through. The second pitch was probably the samllest we've ever seen in france, we've never been unable to park the car somewhere on the pitch anywhere else, at VDV we ended up parking on the empty pitch next door - made worse by having to negotiate the rose bush hedges that migth look lovely but hurt!!

Loud music, yes, a blues/jazz band was on, really hyped by the management as well, as was curry night.

We used the site in the summer of 2005, first on a one-nighter on the way to the Charente, then 3 nights on the way back up country. The first pitch was basically left from the office, round the corner (seem to remember statics??) then on the left. Nice & tight, couldn;t have put an awning up on that pitch!! Second stay we were originally directed to pitch a little way further on, again on the left, nearer to the toilet blocks, due to the tree it was nigh on impossible again to get the van on - in fact it knocked the top of the flue on the roof. Eventually we were told to use another pitch to the back of that one.

Sorry, can't upload the photographic proof for some reason - despite file being less that 70k it won't go through. The second pitch was probably the samllest we've ever seen in france, we've never been unable to park the car somewhere on the pitch anywhere else, at VDV we ended up parking on the empty pitch next door - made worse by having to negotiate the rose bush hedges that migth look lovely but hurt!!

Loud music, yes, a blues/jazz band was on, really hyped by the management as well, as was curry night.

Ok point taken but i think that things have changed since you were there, definitely no loud music last year in fact although the site was fairly busy the bar was always quite

Edited by neil and lena

Hi all,

Regards pitches. Most times we arrive on sites, we're offered a pitch plan of the site . I'll take certain mental notes of, where the sun rises/sets, where the toilets are, where the swimming pool/kids play area is ( cos' they can be noisy ) then I'll ask if it's possible for me to check the suitability of the pitch or indeed could We walk around, choose a vacant pitch and then allow them to know the number chosen. We've only got to be diplomatic about these things ( No sense in spending Holidays on pitches your not happy with ) Catch ya later,indoors.

" Roughing it, Smoothly " Toyota 3-0 D4D Twincab towing a Hymer Eriba Nova 545 SL

Being stuck with school holidays we often find we're asked to use a specific pitch. VDV must work along these lines in peak season. We only seem to have choice of pitches in the UK on weekends away.

Hi all,

Jonathan, Quiet a few 'vanners are tied to school holiday dates, No VDV don't use any system of dictating which pitch, stop being a moaner and let others who have already booked this Rally go ahead and enjoy themselves. Reading your threads is enough to put anyone off. Catch ya later,indoors.

Hi all,

Jonathan, Quiet a few 'vanners are tied to school holiday dates, No VDV don't use any system of dictating which pitch, stop being a moaner and let others who have already booked this Rally go ahead and enjoy themselves. Reading your threads is enough to put anyone off. Catch ya later,indoors.

Never used the word "dictate" so don't put word in my mouth :angry:, as for moaning, only stating fact, and with the exception of pitch size & noise, nothing we said was greatly negative - in fact positives about facilities & locality are quite clearly in my first post (actually done buy my wife) . On a full site being shpwn to a pitch is often the only way to go, and it is easy to accpet so long as the pitch is the right size for the outfit, which despite empty pitches at VDV it wasn't. Think of it as being "constructive criticism" :D

So have a good time, watch out for the rose bushes, shame that the gorgeous vinyard down the road (Rochettes) has apparently changed hands, but I'm sure the quality of the product remains as high as ever.

Edited by JonathanM

Never used the word "dictate" so don't put word in my mouth :angry:, as for moaning, only stating fact, and with the exception of pitch size & noise, nothing we said was greatly negative - in fact positives about facilities & locality are quite clearly in my first post (actually done buy my wife) . On a full site being shpwn to a pitch is often the only way to go, and it is easy to accpet so long as the pitch is the right size for the outfit, which despite empty pitches at VDV it wasn't. Think of it as being "constructive criticism" :D

So have a good time, watch out for the rose bushes, shame that the gorgeous vinyard down the road (Rochettes) has apparently changed hands, but I'm sure the quality of the product remains as high as ever.

Hi all,

Jonathan, you've just answered, what I was saying, if the pitch doesn't suit and others are available, don't drop the legs, ask for another. ( Rochettes has been bought by the South African owner of Domaine De Lette, another great local )

Have a good'n, Catch ya later,indoors

Hi, previous comments have put wife off visiting VdV :huh: , she being ultra cautious as its first time towing/camping abroad, but still wants the comfort of a Rally site so at the moment we have booked the La Bohat rally for 7 nights and then a few nights at Du Letty B) after that whereever, will be taking PC to keep in contact with CT. If things go well may persuade OH to go to VdV on return leg.

Off to Caen on 17th June at 12. 30 arrive 19. 30 and overnight at Municipal Pommiers at Oustrieham and travel to La Bohat on 18th.

If anyone see our rig call in for a chat and drink or cuppa :), may catch the rest of you if we get to VdV, due to return Caen on 10th July.

Regards & enjoy

Brian & Margaret

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi, previous comments have put wife off visiting VdV :huh: , she being ultra cautious as its first time towing/camping abroad, but still wants the comfort of a Rally site so at the moment we have booked the La Bohat rally for 7 nights and then a few nights at Du Letty B) after that whereever, will be taking PC to keep in contact with CT. If things go well may persuade OH to go to VdV on return leg.

Off to Caen on 17th June at 12. 30 arrive 19. 30 and overnight at Municipal Pommiers at Oustrieham and travel to La Bohat on 18th.

If anyone see our rig call in for a chat and drink or cuppa :), may catch the rest of you if we get to VdV, due to return Caen on 10th July.

Regards & enjoy

Brian & Margaret

Dont believe everything you read, the Loire region is a lovely area and Camping VDV is a good site with top quality clean sanitary facilities and John & lesley are excellent host's .

If the site was not up to scratch we would not return and if there one thing that puts me off is poor quality toilet block or even worse if there the old style Squat type toilets something which you will not find there .

Enjoy La Bohat a good site but we found that when busy the facilties were little stretched

Edited by neil and lena

Dont believe everything you read ,

Implication is that my wife & I are liars then? Sorry, flagged this to moderators, you cannot on a public forum imply someone is a liar - particularly when they are not.

Brian, you may well find our experiences isolated, and that a stay at VDV would be excellent.