Sterling Elite Queries - Newbie

scotsman25

Hi,

Just picked up used (2002) Sterling Elite Searcher yesterday - noticed a few minor teething issues that I'll need to straighten out for piece of mind.

Can anyone help me, I've done some searches. .. :mellow:

1. 'swivel' Hideaway Kitchen Tap, Folds away under glass. I assume the previous owner maybe closed the glass down on it. Its cracked at the bottome with a ***** superglue repair. :rolleyes: It leaks into the drainer. Can you get replacements from anywhere?

2. Carpet mats. Perfectly usable but a tad grubby for my liking. <_< How do folks clean these/freshen up? Can replacement mats be purchased?

3. The 'hinge' on the grill door appears to have been snapped. :angry: can replacement door/hinge be sourced from anywhere? anyone know the supplier?

4. Should the Ultrastore heat just on Electric? My last van had a switch to select from Gas/Elec but I dont see that on this one. I switched on the 240v supply in the wardrobe but no hot water? Took the cowling off and ran on gas and was fine. any ideas? :huh:

Any replies would be appreciated.

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>

Hi Scotsman.

No 1 & 3 I know are stocked by my local dealer so I would suggest you do that.

No2 if it is the drop in carpets I just take mine out and do them with the vax. On our last van I did them inside with a steam carpet cleaner.

No 4 Could be a multitude of things from the element burnt out from heating without water to a simple fuse.

Thanks Jock. .. off to find a Sterling dealer now. ... :)

4. So it does heat on its own? I switched on the electric fused switch in the cupboard but didnt switch on the ultrastore control as the 'flameout' light came on and I was a bit worried 'bout gas.

anyone else got sugestions/ideas. Much appreciated.

<p><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';">1995 Mk2 Pajero LWB 2. 8td - <strike>'04 Dart 556/6 - '</strike></span><span style="font-family:'Arial Black';"><strike>02 Sterling Elite Searcher</strike> - '07 Senator Wyoming S5 TA & 1997 ABI Award Northstar</span>