Adria Adora 532 Up Plus 2007

Bwy

Hi All

I am thinking of buying a 2007 Adria Adora 532 UP Plus.

OK why am I asking you for advice. ...

This is sitting in a dealers yard brand new still with the plastic on the Cushions it has never been hooked up or on the road. (dealers claim not mine).

This dealer is known to me and has always been honest with me in the past.

I can not understand why this caravan is still on the for sale lot after two years.

Does anyone know of any problems with this model or is there an insurance problem as I think it is German.

The dealer is throwing in everything for me including Aquaroll, Wastemaster, Water Pump, Battery the lot and all at a fantastic price.

I know it is said that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is not true and all about the free lunch thing but if anyone knows of any problems with this make I would appreciate hearing it.

I am due to close the deal by the end of the week 23rd May 09.

Brian

Tugging a Bailey Senator Vermont Millennium

With a 1999 Vauxhall Frontera Diesel 2. 2 Automatic

Hi All

I am thinking of buying a 2007 Adria Adora 532 UP Plus.

OK why am I asking you for advice. ...

This is sitting in a dealers yard brand new still with the plastic on the Cushions it has never been hooked up or on the road. (dealers claim not mine).

This dealer is known to me and has always been honest with me in the past.

I can not understand why this caravan is still on the for sale lot after two years.

Does anyone know of any problems with this model or is there an insurance problem as I think it is German.

The dealer is throwing in everything for me including Aquaroll, Wastemaster, Water Pump, Battery the lot and all at a fantastic price.

I know it is said that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is not true and all about the free lunch thing but if anyone knows of any problems with this make I would appreciate hearing it.

I am due to close the deal by the end of the week 23rd May 09.

Brian

If you let me know the dealer i would give a better opinion.

Adria vans are an acquired taste Brian. They are far more functional than luxury, but they know how to make the functional work better. Look at the toilet cassette for example, its on wheels with its own handle and is twice the size of my previous 2007 6 berth vans.

I bought a Fleetwood Sonata, which is an Adria Adora 612 in January (just different stickers). I searched for an 08 model because it has a different kitchen layout i wanted, eventually locating one in North Wales.

They are made in Slovenia.

And once you have had one, you wont go back to UK vans in a hurry, they are nailed together superbly.

I would think its sitting there as most people dont think to look at Adrias, or Dethleffs, Or Hobbys as they are all seen as "German and they have no toilets"..........lol.

Suits me, i like to be different.

I also traded in a 14 month old Compass Rallye 636 chicken hut, losing well over 7 grand on the deal (cost me £18. 5k), but the peace of mind, superios build and towing ability was worth every penny.

People are sheep.

"My dad had a Swift and had no trouble in 1974 so they must be good, i'll buy one"..........ye. Ok.

If it suits you, you wont get better as long as the deals good.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

If you let me know the dealer i would give a better opinion.

Adria vans are an acquired taste Brian. They are far more functional than luxury, but they know how to make the functional work better. Look at the toilet cassette for example, its on wheels with its own handle and is twice the size of my previous 2007 6 berth vans.

I bought a Fleetwood Sonata, which is an Adria Adora 612 in January (just different stickers). I searched for an 08 model because it has a different kitchen layout i wanted, eventually locating one in North Wales.

They are made in Slovenia.

And once you have had one, you wont go back to UK vans in a hurry, they are nailed together superbly.

I would think its sitting there as most people dont think to look at Adrias, or Dethleffs, Or Hobbys as they are all seen as "German and they have no toilets"..........lol.

Suits me, i like to be different.

I also traded in a 14 month old Compass Rallye 636 chicken hut, losing well over 7 grand on the deal (cost me £18. 5k), but the peace of mind, superios build and towing ability was worth every penny.

People are sheep.

"My dad had a Swift and had no trouble in 1974 so they must be good, i'll buy one"..........ye. Ok.

If it suits you, you wont get better as long as the deals good.

Thank you for this post it does help and I agree with the build quality it shows in the van.

Just to add to Brassneck's superb post which says it all, I too like to be different.

Our Adria Altea is the basic range (the Ikea of caravans), but it's a 5 berth, fixed bunk, side dinette and it's massive, functional and great for our family. It is 4 and 1/2 years old and nothing has dropped off it yet! I like Adria's because they are different and quirky.

Regards

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Just to add to Brassneck's superb post which says it all, I too like to be different.

Our Adria Altea is the basic range (the Ikea of caravans), but it's a 5 berth, fixed bunk, side dinette and it's massive, functional and great for our family. It is 4 and 1/2 years old and nothing has dropped off it yet! I like Adria's because they are different and quirky.

Regards

Sharon

Thank You Sharon your comment is valued.

I am pretty sure that they are actually built in Surrey, but under Slovenian design. I would have to disagree about Brassnecks post about "comfort and functional". I personally feel that Adrias are far more comfortable than their nearest competitor. Seats are wider and firmer. I do not know what colour scheme is in the van but ours has beech cupboards and ivory/tan striped cushions. The colur schemes seem to be quite neutral and very light which gives a feeling of more space.

As already said- Adrias dont catch the attention of many vanners because they 'are not British'. The price might not be right either. People probably expect them to be much cheaper due to being ' foreign'. We paid £7000 for ours on Ebay last year. It was 3 years old. Last month I found a dealer on the internet who was selling the exact model and year as mine for - wait for it - :rolleyes: £10500. I know most people prefer to buy through a dealer but having read a lot of posts on this site about dealer repairs I would prefer to stump as and when and as above save over 3 grand on the purchase.

Edited by amyandrob

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)

I am pretty sure that they are actually built in Surrey, but under Slovenian design. I would have to disagree about Brassnecks post about "comfort and functional". I personally feel that Adrias are far more comfortable than their nearest competitor. Seats are wider and firmer. I do not know what colour scheme is in the van but ours has beech cupboards and ivory/tan striped cushions. The colur schemes seem to be quite neutral and very light which gives a feeling of more space.

As already said- Adrias dont catch the attention of many vanners because they 'are not British'. The price might not be right either. People probably expect them to be much cheaper due to being ' foreign'. We paid £7000 for ours on Ebay last year. It was 3 years old. Last month I found a dealer on the internet who was selling the exact model and year as mine for - wait for it - :rolleyes: £10500. I know most people prefer to buy through a dealer but having read a lot of posts on this site about dealer repairs I would prefer to stump as and when and as above save over 3 grand on the purchase.

Thank you for your comment which is appreciated.

I have to say the dealer is offering this to me at less than £10,000 so looks like I will be going to close the deal now.

Brian

I have to say the dealer is offering this to me at less than £10,000 so looks like I will be going to close the deal now.

Brian

Excellent, good luck and having just swapped a 2001 frontera for a TD5, you will find that your car will tow the new van like a dream.

Glad to be of service. :rolleyes:

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)

Brian

Fantastic, keep us posted. Hopefully you will be a happy Adria owner!

Regards

Sharon

Nissan X-trail 2. 2 DCi - 2005 Adria Altea 502 DK,2 well-behaved boys who I am immensely proud of!!

(Also a 1990 VW Golf Convertible, which definately does not tow anything!!!)

This post is not meant to intentionally offend anybody

Brian

Just one point Brian, they dont come with a battery charger built in.

If you only use sites no problem, but if you ever venture off sites or do rallies you will need to factor that in.

In Consilio Sapienta

I would have to disagree about Brassnecks post about "comfort and functional". I personally feel that Adrias are far more comfortable than their nearest competitor.

I didnt say comfort and function, i said luxury and function.

I find them extremely comfortable, though i wouldnt mind the seats being a little thinner on the backs to be honest.

What i meant was there is no silly "luxury" bits of useless wood stuck on. If you look at most vans there is various strips of wood and fabric stuck across things to "finish them off", which ive never thought about. When you look in the Adria you notice these wastes of space arent there, because the wood is finished off properley in the first place!!!!!

Function.

A cupboard must open, close, and work as a cupboard. And thats what they do, very well. (solid wood doors too, no bendy plywood). So thats what i meant by luxury, it was a bit of a dig at others to be honest.

As for comfort, ive never had such a good nights sleep in any van till i got this.

In Consilio Sapienta

As for comfort, ive never had such a good nights sleep in any van till i got this.

Does that include any alcohol content? :D

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

The deal is closed I collect Thursday.

The dealer is fitting a "smart charger" whatever that may be so I can charge the battery when using EHU.

I also get an Aqua Roll 40 ltr. A Wastemaster.

All in all a good deal methinks.

Brian