Simple Bit Of French Translation Please

mack100

Just wondering what the French for "serviced pitch" might be.

lancement service

as per bable fish, but bet theres a differnt way depending on which way the original is used

nigel

NIGEL129 Hobby 495 Ufe (2003)

Powrtouch HD BP GAS Lite User Toyota Surf 2. 4 Tug,

The phrase "emplacement grand confort (eau, électricité, tout à l'égout)" I see more than anything on tariff boards. l'egout means drainage.

I thought lancement means offer or promotion?

Edited by Fenester

Just wondering what the French for "serviced pitch" might be.

Mainland Europeans do not seem to use the plumbing facilities in their caravans like we do, in fact I cannot remember seeing one of their caravans with either aquaroll, wastemaster or similar attached to their vans, as they all seem to use the sites toilets & shower block. So if a site has got serviced pitches it will most certainly be advertised in English as we are the only ones that use them. On the odd occasion I have seen them advertised as Comfort Pitches but not very often.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

Mainland Europeans do not seem to use the plumbing facilities in their caravans like we do, in fact I cannot remember seeing one of their caravans with either aquaroll, wastemaster or similar attached to their vans, as they all seem to use the sites toilets & shower block. So if a site has got serviced pitches it will most certainly be advertised in English as we are the only ones that use them. On the odd occasion I have seen them advertised as Comfort Pitches but not very often.

In my experience, many Municipal sites have serviced pitches as a matter of course. Your less likely to find a "service area" on these sites.

Edit: It's a few years since I bought one, but the Michelin site guide is good for establishing which sites have individual water/drainage.

Edited by Livi

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

if a site has got serviced pitches it will most certainly be advertised in English as we are the only ones that use them.

Many (most) French sites allow seasonal pitching and those pitches will usually have services available. Often the water point has several taps with screw on outlets at the stand pipe and it is usually acceptable to connect to one of these and run a waste pipe to the drain below. Fully serviced pitches, a la U. K. , are beginning to appear but at a premium price.

French usually describe fully serviced, individual pitches, as "Grand confort"

The phrase "emplacement grand confort (eau, électricité, tout à l'égout)" I see more than anything on tariff boards. l'egout means drainage.

I thought lancement means offer or promotion?

Lancement means launching.

Many french sites have low amperage (ampage) whatever so you need to be careful what you plug in. Also some electric points are quite a way from the pitch and you may need an extension lead.

2008 Swift Challenger 540 towed with P reg diesel Discovery

Many french sites have low amperage (ampage) whatever so you need to be careful what you plug in. Also some electric points are quite a way from the pitch and you may need an extension lead.

I have come across that before, but is it OK simply to join 2 lengths of EHU cable together?

Now a Swift motorhome owner.

Lancement means launching.

Lancement translated to english , promotion, introductory special offer, and to throw. ..... thats why these computer translaters are often very suspect as they can't cope with context.

Now I have looked it up, rather than relying, on memory my dictionary Collins French English agrees with both of us Beejay, the other meaning is to throw or launch various things as you say.

Lancer an alternative verb to jeter to throw. Lancer usually used around sporting activities.

Would you agree with the phrase emplacement grand comfort? as being the most common description of a full serviced pitch.

You dont think lancement service means a slipway for boats by any chance i. e launching service? :D

A true french native speaker needed here I think. ...

I have come across that before, but is it OK simply to join 2 lengths of EHU cable together?

Don't see why not as long as the males and females connect from one to the other and the foreign two pin one.

2008 Swift Challenger 540 towed with P reg diesel Discovery

Hi - isn't it because continental vans have onboard water tanks that they don't use aquarolls?? they generally fill the tank with watering cans, large bottles etc or occasionally a hosepipe if the supply is nearby. believe that most would have a bucket or container for waste water - like me they probably think wastemasters are too heavy to lug around!!

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Hi - isn't it because continental vans have onboard water tanks that they don't use aquarolls?? they generally fill the tank with watering cans, large bottles etc or occasionally a hosepipe if the supply is nearby. believe that most would have a bucket or container for waste water - like me they probably think wastemasters are too heavy to lug around!!

On the site we left today there was a Dutch outfit. They had a black waste water collector but no sign of any Aquaroll or similar so I guess you're probably correct.

Now a Swift motorhome owner.

Lancer an alternative verb to jeter to throw. Lancer usually used around sporting activities.

You dont think lancement service means a slipway for boats by any chance i. e launching service? :D

A true french native speaker needed here I think. ...

Larouse French dictionary (not French/English) has several meanings for 'lancer'.

It means 'throw forcefully' such as "lancer les pierres" = throw stones. To launch as in launching a boat.

It is also used in relation to moving a body part rapidly, to shouting out, to starting an action, to starting a business, to starting a conversation, to introducing a new product and so on.

Commonly used for new product introductions such as. ........".Renault lance la nouvelle Clio"