7kg Calor Bottles

alanperry52

my caravan has a gas regulator fitted in the bulkhead at the end of the hose a screw on fitting for 4. 5 bottles i want to use 7kg bottles as the are only £1. 50 dearer than the 4. 5 bottle but they only come with a push on /clip on fitting so what do i need to convert.

my caravan has a gas regulator fitted in the bulkhead at the end of the hose a screw on fitting for 4. 5 bottles i want to use 7kg bottles as the are only £1. 50 dearer than the 4. 5 bottle but they only come with a push on /clip on fitting so what do i need to convert.

My guess would be. ..

A push on flexible hose adaptor which suites the pipe where your present regulator is - take your regulator along with you to make sure you get the correct size.

A length of flexible hose.

Then the regulator to fit the 7Kg bottle.

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

The screw on fittings are exactly the same for each size of gas bottles, propane that it. Butane bottles have the push on fitting so are you changing from propane (red) to butane (blue)? There is no problem if that is what you want to do, all you have to do is buy a new high pressure hose between the gas cylinder and the regulator.

You should also be aware that butane does not operate very at temperature below around 50C although it is slightly cheaper. So if you want to caravan in early spring and late autumn, you should stick to propane.

Brian

Hi

You are obviously using butane(blue bottles) as you refer to butane sized bottles rather than propane ones and also you have a bulkhead mounted regulator. Therefore you have two options.

Replace the pigtail which is the high pressure flexible pipe between the regulator and the bottle with one with a clip on fitting. (If you can find one) The normal way seems to be to use an adaptor which screws into the hose at the bottle end and then clips on to the cylinder. Normally around £8 from any caravan dealer.

If you change to propane then you will need to change the high pressure hose which is again about £8.

One other thing you may need to watch is your noseweight. If you are near the limit then the heavier bottles might put you over. If that is a problem then you could think about changing to propane and using Calor lite. These are 6kg bottles but much lighter and they have a gauge which shows how much gas you have left. Having said that, they are slightly more expensive than the standard bottle. At the moment Calor Dealers will swap any bottle for a Calor-lite although I think that may stop soon.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

See my answer at 8. 29 this morning on the PC forum.

Mike