An Old Alouette

jillian

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have just bought an old Alouette. I have been told that it is pre 1979 because the windows are glass. It is a 6 berth & seems dry & roadworthy, but needs doing up! I would be grateful if anyone has any information to share on my old van & anything that I really need to know whilst sorting it out. Thanks

I have an Allouette supplied by Blakemere as a special edition and hence called a Blakemere. Ours is year 2000 so presume the Allouette was around for years. Our is 5 berth as it has a double at the back with one overhead bunk.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Glass windows are an indication of the van being that sort of age.

The Alouette was a well known Swift name for many years. I am guessing yours will have the dropped front and rear windows so that you can see through when towing.

What do you want to know?

Regards

David

Edited by spawn of the devil

We used to have an alouette with glass windows, I liked the cool box idea in the floor & the low windows so you could see through when driving.

We were really impressed with it especially as it had a switch for the water instead of a foot pump :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I have yet to actually tow it (nervous, moi? YES!), but I guess you could see right through the windows. Handy. Now I need to replace the cracked wash basin, it will be fun tracking something like that down

post-31168-1243088737_thumb.jpg