Strange Idea For Security

NewRangerFamily

Here's a thought. ..

I wonder if those who make motor movers could do a small modification. Unit is somehow linked to the 12N cable so that if the van is connected up to a vehicle the motor mover engages and can only be disengaged by keying a contol code into the handset ?

Just a thought !!!!!! :mellow:

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

The rollers have to be disengaged when stored otherwise they would damage the tyres due to the presure. so unfortunatley this wouldnt work. Also as the rollers are engaged manualy at present it would require 2 motors and and alteration to the wiring harness if the rollers were to automatically engage when the 12N was plugged in. It is a good idea in principle but I think there would be to many problems associated with it.

Here's a thought. ..

I wonder if those who make motor movers could do a small modification. Unit is somehow linked to the 12N cable so that if the van is connected up to a vehicle the motor mover engages and can only be disengaged by keying a contol code into the handset ?

Just a thought !!!!!! :mellow:

Regards

15414[/snapback]

I am reminded me of a couple that I was talking to about movers. They had inadvertently left their mover on when they hitched up and drove off. As you can imagine, it didn't take them long to realise that something was wrong! The result was that both motors on the mover had been damaged beyond repair, leaving them with a huge bill.

Yossa

2007 Mondeo 2. 2 TDCi & 2003 Bailey Pageant Bordeaux

Put the handle on the drivers seat after you engage the rollers

This way you won't drive off with rollers engaged

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

I know that damage could arise if one tries to drive off with the motor mover activated but thats the point - you'd still have your van . ...or it wouldnt be far away!!! anyway. ...just an idea!

Regards

Archived