Explorer Group Customer Service

Lee E

Hi All

A few threads recently have hinted at poor customer service from explorer group. Sadly mods have been locked to prevent further posting.

Just to add my opinion, i might have had issues with explorer but their customer service is definitely NOT one of them. I have spoken of issues on here in the past and David has contacted me directly to try and sort it out. This is without such a request coming from myself - explorer initiated the customer service.

I therefore would like to say that i am very happy with their customer service.

Regards

Lee

ps. I am in no way attached to explorer group - this is purely my opinions.

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Guest hellboy
Hi All

A few threads recently have hinted at poor customer service from explorer group. Sadly mods have been locked to prevent further posting.

Just to add my opinion, i might have had issues with explorer but their customer service is definitely NOT one of them. I have spoken of issues on here in the past and David has contacted me directly to try and sort it out. This is without such a request coming from myself - explorer initiated the customer service.

I therefore would like to say that i am very happy with their customer service.

Regards

Lee

ps. I am in no way attached to explorer group - this is purely my opinions.

looking at the replys your the only one to be happy with explorer

Guest iancjc

perhaps if you're not allowed to critise explorer CS then this thread should be locked by the mods to balance things up! :P

You will find it is the dealers that are to blame When you get Explorer on to it they will get it but right as they did with me

I did not say i was happy with Explorer caravans - read my previous posts in this sub forum. I was merely saying that on any occasion where explorer have become aware of my issues, they have sought to remedy them even when i have not requested this.

Most times Explorer have contacted me via pm so they dont post much in public. This maybe creates the idea that they do not contribute much to this forum, which is not my experience.

So to be clear for all, NO I would not buy and Explorer group caravan again purely because of the faults I had. However I APPLAUD their customer service, I have never had problems with this and always found them helpful (and in one case could maybe have saved me about 700 quid).

Clear as mud ;):D Good.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

Or two if you count me!!

Maybe three.

I`ve had no need to contact them, only a couple of very minor faults which were immediately sorted by the dealer.

Lucky people?

Dunno. Suggest you ask the Fleetwood, Chateau and Avondale owners how good their manufacturers responses are.

Maybe three.

I`ve had no need to contact them, only a couple of very minor faults which were immediately sorted by the dealer.

Lucky people?

Dunno. Suggest you ask the Fleetwood, Chateau and Avondale owners how good their manufacturers responses are.

I wont get much of a response from Fleetwood.

However i never got much of a response from Explorer either, to the point the (new) van was falling to bits faster than i could write the faults down!!!

As my Fleetwood has absolutely not a single thing wrong with it, i'd much rather have my current situation thanks, which is why 14 months later i took a 7. 5 grand loss to get my Fleetwood, and get rid of my chicken hut.

Incidently my dogs wooden kennel has been outside for 6 years, gets used daily and hasnt leaked yet.

The van lasted a month.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

I wont get much of a response from Fleetwood.

However i never got much of a response from Explorer either, to the point the (new) van was falling to bits faster than i could write the faults down!!!

As my Fleetwood has absolutely not a single thing wrong with it, i'd much rather have my current situation thanks, which is why 14 months later i took a 7. 5 grand loss to get my Fleetwood, and get rid of my chicken hut.

Incidently my dogs wooden kennel has been outside for 6 years, gets used daily and hasnt leaked yet.

The van lasted a month.

Your experiences with your Explorer van are well documented Lenny, and in your position I`d be equally as p!ssed, and I`m glad your Fleetwood hasn`t any faults, but TBH you haven`t had it two minutes, and its when things go wrong we all find out how good the back-up is, not when there isn`t anything wrong.

The point I was making was aimed at the smug comments of some, at least Explorer are still in business, if there is a problem at least you can argue the toss, and they are still in business so they must be doing something right (or at least better than some that have gone bust).

Your experience of Explorer was obviously abysmal, mine (so far) has been O. K, that neither makes the vans sheds nor palaces, just as it doesn`t make them all good or bad

Your experiences with your Explorer van are well documented Lenny, and in your position I`d be equally as p!ssed, and I`m glad your Fleetwood hasn`t any faults, but TBH you haven`t had it two minutes, and its when things go wrong we all find out how good the back-up is, not when there isn`t anything wrong.

The point I was making was aimed at the smug comments of some, at least Explorer are still in business, if there is a problem at least you can argue the toss, and they are still in business so they must be doing something right (or at least better than some that have gone bust).

Your experience of Explorer was obviously abysmal, mine (so far) has been O. K, that neither makes the vans sheds nor palaces, just as it doesn`t make them all good or bad

Agree 100% with that.

I could of been talking about Swift, or Coachman etc etc but i can only talk about what ive had.

And everyone will get some form of bad service, depending on what your idea of good or bad is, and also depending on your level of acceptability.

I dont think its as easy as "so and so is rubbish", its hardly a balanced view from a customer poll.

But the bottom line for me is i wont spend my hard earned after ive been bitten.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

I'm happy with my Explorer product - for what I paid I reckon I've got a decent piece of kit. OK it's not perfect but it does what it says on the box. My selling dealer is a company I would not go back to as their after sales/customer service is rubbish but the mobile service engineer I use on contract from them is first class.

I've never actually needed to contact Explorer customer service in over 15 years of Elddis ownership so I don't know how good/bad/indifferent they are/might be - but, as angus says, they are still there!!

1994 Land Rover Discovery 300tdi

2008 Elddis Liberte 19/4

Elddis Owners Club

Explorer have been helping caravantalk members for a long time (before "caravantalk 2")

I had a few problems with my Avanté & a lot of problems with the dealer, It was only after David from Explorer intervention that things changed for the better & it wasn't long before everything was sorted,

so I'm also happy with their customer services :)

If only my dealers customer service was as good ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Explorer have been helping caravantalk members for a long time (before "caravantalk 2")

I had a few problems with my Avanté & a lot of problems with the dealer, It was only after David from Explorer intervention that things changed for the better & it wasn't long before everything was sorted,

so I'm also happy with their customer services :)

If only my dealers customer service was as good ;)

ditto :D