Battery Help

russnug

hi, can anyone help? i thought it was a good idea to see how long my battery would last if the elec hook up went down so i left all my lights on all evening and night. when i went to bed 5 hours after putting them on it was still looking good (quite a new leasure battery) next morning totaly flat,so put it back on the fully auto charger, 2 days later still no charge. nothing.

have i ruined it

please help

cheers

russnug

If you have tried to charge it on your caravan charger forget it, they arent up to the job.

It needs to go on a decent battery charger to be brought back to full.

Now you know why some of us dont like the rubbish cheap system they have in vans for charging, and use a seperate decent charger, even in a new van.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Do you ave you another battery? if you have connect it to the fully charged battery with jump leads +to+ etc, then charge in the usual way.

once a flat battery is piggy backed to another charged one it usually takes a charge :)

if you only have the car battery connect it to this with the jump leads for an hour or so, then try it on the charger

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Do you ave you another battery? if you have connect it to the fully charged battery with jump leads +to+ etc, then charge in the usual way.

once a flat battery is piggy backed to another charged one it usually takes a charge :)

if you only have the car battery connect it to this with the jump leads for an hour or so, then try it on the charger

thanks 4 that had it on jump leads driving round all day seems to b doing ok now

cheers

russnug

thanks 4 that had it on jump leads driving round all day seems to b doing ok now

cheers

russnug

I don't know about your systems, but my controller disconnects the battery from the load when the battery voltage falls below set minimum level.

Some chargers protect themselves and the battery by refusing to charge if the battery is below a minimum voltage, this also protects against it being connected the wrong way round. To get the charge started, you only need connect a good battery in parallel with the problem one for a second or two.

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004