230 Volt Electric Wiring Question

Adi

With the greatest respect, if you don't know, don't do it. Mains electrical wiring is best left to them that do know. Take my advice, don't interfere.

Well said and I can't see any logic in wanting to install a ring main in a caravan at all as the trips will opperate well before the loading on the cables gets to anywhere near their maximum load.

Dave

Edited by dave11a

Guest Tephi
Well said and I can't see any logic in wanting to ring maim a caravan at all

Dave

MAIM being the operative word :o

Hi Adi, connecting the two white output wires would not bring any benifits, as the protective device 10A MCB protects the cables and the devices connected to the circuit.

The system is designed to use radial circuits and close protection via the 10A MCB.

If additional sockets are required, provided these are connected by a competent person then these can be added to the circuit.

If there is some other reason for looking to form a ring circuit of which we are unaware of then please feel free to give our technical people a call, who will be able to help.

01482 678981 or send me a PM and i will ask someone to give you a call.

Best regards

Ian Sargent

We had a conversation by PM, basically echoing Ian's comments.

The problem is with the proliferation of low powered devices such as Mobile phone chargers, DVD's Laptop computers, Gameboys, Digiboxies and etc. 3 Mains sockets is best descried as inadequate!

We had a conversation by PM, basically echoing Ian's comments.

The problem is with the proliferation of low powered devices such as Mobile phone chargers, DVD's Laptop computers, Gameboys, Digiboxies and etc. 3 Mains sockets is best descried as inadequate!

Guess how I found the water leak - lol

Has I not been tracing cabling I might never have spotted the leak

Anyway - thanks for all your help

Edited by Adi

In an Abbey Vogue 2 - 520

Based on this diagram http://www. sargentltd. co. uk/T3B_T4B_2008_schematic. pdf - under the 230 Volt Circuits tab

Connector 2 with 2 white cables and 1 yellow - will it be ok to ring main the 2 white cables leaving the yellow alone ?

I understand your requirement for additional sockets, but would recommend that you purchase extension sockets pre wired and fully compliant with all safety legislation. Just plug them in to your current sockets and away you go, no hassle no risk of a fire or death and cheep as well.

Caravan electrical circuits now fall under BS 7671:2008 and as already advised you are best to leave alone.

I have been involved in both electronics and electrical systems for over 40 years, please do not risk either your life or that of others because of the lack of knowledge on your part.

Electricity has the potential to kill and in a caravan this can be archived with very little additional assistance from you, I would recommend that you have your electrical system checked.

Sorry about the tone, but I have seen the outcome of the well intended, and to come clean I am a safety engineer.

Regards

Martin