Xplore Woes

chris8604

Picked up our brand new Xplore 546 about three weeks ago but due to work commitment we haven't been able to use it as yet and its just been sat in storage.

Yesterday i when over there to stow a few things inside ready for the maiden weekend away and found the floor at the front was creaking like mad!

Now,iam no expert( but not new to caravanning either)but that tells me that the floor is starting to delaminate.

Bearing in mind that the van has never been used at all how can this be possible!

I have spoken to the dealer that i bought it from and have arranged to take it over on Saturday so that they can take a look,but i made it clear that as it has never been used i am not prepared to accept any sort of repair being carried out as it is clearly a manufacturing fault.

Reading through the Explorer group section on the forum it seems that their customer service aint up to much,so, what do you think are the chances of getting an exchange?

Maybe someone from the Explorer group would like to reply. .............................

Absolutely gutted :angry:

Picked up our brand new Xplore 546 about three weeks ago but due to work commitment we haven't been able to use it as yet and its just been sat in storage.

Yesterday i when over there to stow a few things inside ready for the maiden weekend away and found the floor at the front was creaking like mad!

Now,iam no expert( but not new to caravanning either)but that tells me that the floor is starting to delaminate.

Bearing in mind that the van has never been used at all how can this be possible!

I have spoken to the dealer that i bought it from and have arranged to take it over on Saturday so that they can take a look,but i made it clear that as it has never been used i am not prepared to accept any sort of repair being carried out as it is clearly a manufacturing fault.

Reading through the Explorer group section on the forum it seems that their customer service aint up to much,so, what do you think are the chances of getting an exchange?

Maybe someone from the Explorer group would like to reply. .............................

I very much doubt if the floor is delaminating but there will be some flexing in the floor as it is just chipboard, my 2007 Pageant creaks ever so slightly and has done since new but it is not delamination .

I have had a van that did suffer from the above problem about 8 years ago and the floor was VERY SPRINGY but did not creak however i'm sure your dealer will sort it out

Creaking doesnt tell me the floor is de-laminating, quite the opposite in fact.

If its spongy and springy then yes, but not creaking.

Incidently mine creaks at certain points, its 3 months old, NOT an Explorer van (never again), and its not delaminated. Its still new and hasnt setlted yet.

Edited by Brassneck

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Every van I have had creaked slightly especially if I had been a bit over enthusiastic with winding the steadys down are you sure you have not wound them down a bit to far?

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

I had a creaking floor on my Bailey. Turned out to be the axle bolts which when tightened up everything was OK.

Cheers

Paul

Kia Sorento KX3 towing Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 2011

Its probably just the furniture creaking, but now David is onto it I'm sure it will be sorted :)

I had a few problem when I bought my caravan, I didn't get much joy from the dealer at first, so I contacted Explorer customer services & found them to be very helpful. ..........in fact amazingly helpful :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

It might just be the chassis members or floor creaking as it is new. Mine done this at the start but quickly stopped and not a hint of delamination.

I have had problems with my explorer group van and would still be dubious about buying another one. However their customer service IS good and has got better. Bear in mind that they are under no obligation to deal directly with the customer. All issues under law should be dealt with by the dealer.

And there in you find the problem. I have had issues with my last dealer and it was nothing to do with explorer.

I hope this is sorted to your satisfaction.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

When I was looking for a new van late last year I had a " two minute " look at the Xplore range and couldn't wait to move on and have alook at something else. .have alook at the link below

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/index. php?showtopic=20457

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

Been to the dealer today and it seems that the problem was due to the routing of the gas pipe,which they have sorted out and the creaking has stopped for the time being. :D

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Have read through the post Hobbynut pointed out,have to say that i disagree with a lot of what is said.

Of course the xplore range is built to a price thats the point of the range,but when i was looking for a new van the xplore was the one that i judged suited our needs best.

I also really liked the sprite major6 but the dealer talked himself out of a sale on that one

Edited by chris8604

Excellent :lol:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Interesting coincidence as I ended up buying the Sprite Major 5, one hell of a van for a cash deal well under £10,000. .Couldn't be beaten by anyone anywhere

Cheers

Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away