Non Cadac Portable Gas Bbqs

lil_me

I have been looking for a more portable gas BBQ but don't like the Cadac really. I would prefer not a hot plate style.

We've tried 3 local caravan accessory shops, nothing. Tried Towsure, same again (or have I missed them)

Any ideas where might sell them, either in the north east of England or online

Thank you :)

I've tried many a BBQ over the many years of caravanning, but at the beginning of last season bought a Cadac. It comes with a variety of cooking surfaces including a wire grill which I use when cooking steak as I prefer it cooked over a flame. Or the hot plate when you cook breakfast, also very easy clean! I urge you to look again its the best BBQ ive ever bought.

ps I am not a cadac salesman!!!

Regards Adrian.

Hi lil_Me,

Only place I know in NE are Birtley Caravans - Washington, Discovery - Darlington A68, Catterick Caravans, Waudbys East Yorkshire (www. waudbys. com) they only have one CADAC but stock a range of other models that might suit. Discovery & Catterick both have websites, also there is a caravan accessory shop at Wideopen behind Gosforth Park not sure if they have a website.

Regards

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Thanks Brian, we've tried Discover stores and UBC (the one near Gostforth) Not tried Washington Caravans in Birtley yet but don't remember them having any on our last visit. I haven't been to Catterick Caravans yet but hopefully will at some point. Waudby's a little far from here but will check website.

I've looked at the Cadac and not really what I am looking for at the minute.

I urge you to look again its the best BBQ ive ever bought.

ps I am not a cadac salesman!!!

Regards Adrian.

Must agree Pandas had my CADAC 2/3 weeks tried all cooking surfaces and also easy to clean.

Regards

Brianinhull :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Without a doubt the best portable BBQ I have ever owned is the one I've had the past 4 years . ... from any calor gas shop . .

The OMC Porta-chef . .. a bit more now than when I bought mine . . but an excellent piece of kit IMHO, legs come off and store strapped to it, decent size, built in igniter, warming shelf . ... :)

http://www. bbq. co. uk/acatalog/portable-gas. ..s-over-100. html

I have a rectangular table-top gas barbecue which I think is made by Royal. It has a lift-off lid, and you cook over lava rock. I bought it last summer from an ironmonger in Sheringham, Norfolk, but I am sure there is an identical one (although perhaps not sold under the same brand name) in the Towsure catalogue, where they also supply a stand for it. It is fine, and I've had no problem with it, although having watched other people in action I was wondering about getting a Cadac. I started a thread here about three weeks ago to ask people's opinions about the Cadac, and the replies convinced me that it is the best system available.

Here is the link for Towsure: Towsure gas barbecue

Jonathan.

Edited by Jon46

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

Interesting as have been looking myself at alternatives to my very cheap 'bought for French use' bbq. ..£21. . and I will likely buy a Cadac despite the weight/price etc just because it has adaptability. ... I was in Catterick Caravans this week as it is close to home and they have a good selection of assorted types. ..didn't look too hard as I was only pricing Cadacs. .... I was also in the new Go Store on Portrack Lane, Stockton ( right next to A19) yesterday and they have Webers and other assorted expensive. probably,goodies too. ..worth a look.

rgds

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

That is much more along the lines of what I am looking for, thank you.

A little extra question, do you know what weight it is?

Thanks again

Lil_me . . :)

In a highly skilled, technicaly impressive, and supremely accurate manner I dumped it on the bathroom scales and it comes up as a tad over 10 kgs . . but I'm not sure if bathroom scales are accurate at those low weights . .. :(

It certainly is "carriable" with one hand . . HTH

Thank you Entwood :) even approximate helps when deciding, better than the 18kg one we seen yesterday (was normal 'garden' one)

We do have a small box type one we've been given, it is a lava rock type, table top so no legs and rather old. Think we'll use that for a little while and decide from there.

Shipbroker, thanks for that, I haven't heard of Go Store but will look into that. Also gives me another good reason to take the trip to Catterick Caravans :D

Edited by lil_me

I have been looking for a more portable gas BBQ but don't like the Cadac really. I would prefer not a hot plate style.

We've tried 3 local caravan accessory shops, nothing. Tried Towsure, same again (or have I missed them)

Any ideas where might sell them, either in the north east of England or online

Thank you :)

Hi,

Try this. ..

http://www. riverswayleisure. co. uk/acatalog. .._Barbecues. html

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!