Anyone Know Where I Can Obtain A 240v/12v Aerial Coaxal Socket

Whilst chatting to a fellow caravan owner recently who owned a similar van to me, A Hymer Nova, he showed me his "leisure pack" option of having a 240v (3pin) 12v and twin aerial coaxal and f-type coaxal external socket fitted to the side of his caravan.

I called Lowdham only to be told that these fitments are in excess of two hundred quid.

Does anyone know who else supplies or manufactures these sockets as they are a great way of channeling all the cables in one socket which means I don't have to cut any more holes in my van.

Maybe a far cheaper option below:

Caravan sockets are known as CBE sockets, and you buy the inner section, the suround bracket and then the outer finsih plate.

You can buy any part and mix and match as required.

If you work on a fiver per part your not far wrong.

Just type in *CBE socket" into ebay and take your pick.

I use a seller called caravanstuff4u which is an online caravan retailer. Ive replaced and changed various sockets on my van over the last 2 months.

Edited by Brassneck

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

Whilst chatting to a fellow caravan owner recently who owned a similar van to me, A Hymer Nova, he showed me his "leisure pack" option of having a 240v (3pin) 12v and twin aerial coaxal and f-type coaxal external socket fitted to the side of his caravan.

I called Lowdham only to be told that these fitments are in excess of two hundred quid.

Does anyone know who else supplies or manufactures these sockets as they are a great way of channeling all the cables in one socket which means I don't have to cut any more holes in my van.

These sockets are standard fitting on many continental vans like mine. The link given for CAK tanks doesn't appear to list it. Go to www. narbonneaccessoires. fr and enter 424202 in the search box costs 39€ or www. fritz-berger. de search 17678-08 costs 32. 99€. Both do mail order. . I am not aware of anywhere in the U. K. selling them. If you want help PM me.

Edited by beejay

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately the mains socket is continental, so you'll need an adapter. The alternative is to fit the UK types (e. g. CBE as suggested earlier) just inside an external locker and run cables out through the locker door channels. Then you won't need any additional holes!

On my Swift group 'van there's already a mains socket in the front nearside 'wet locker' and it wouldn't be at all difficult to fit a F-socket for TV next to it. A 12V socket would only be slightly more difficult.

Edited by Firestar

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.