Jump to content

Warning On Car/caravan Recovery

TD 42

Recommended Posts

:angry: I am about to take my van abroad I have premium breakdown recovery from the CSMA (Brittania)which does cover car & caravan recovery from EU, EXCEPT in the case of a road traffic accident, where they say it is down to your car insurer. Having checked with my car insurer( markes & spencer,/fortis insurance) I am told that the caravan would not be repatriated, only the car. this would appear to be another point to get cleared when choosing recovery & or car insurance. It will also not be recovered by your caravan insurers I have checked with mine (C&CC)


This would obviously also apply to a RTA in the UK also. i Know that C&CC recovery would cover this but the difference in annual cost is over£175

Edited by TD 42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have Mayday cover with CC and it is supposed to cover UK RTAs. I think you may need Red Penent for overseas cover.

Totally agree -- we have Prudential insurance -- and Green Flag -- but always -always take the additional Red Pennant insurance when travelling abroad -- not only for the caravan -- but all of the other side issues as well. . hospitals - hotels - tickets -spares etc etc.


Belt and braces - Gromit !!



Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...