Warning On Car/caravan Recovery

TD 42

:angry: I am about to take my van abroad I have premium breakdown recovery from the CSMA (Brittania)which does cover car & caravan recovery from EU, EXCEPT in the case of a road traffic accident, where they say it is down to your car insurer. Having checked with my car insurer( markes & spencer,/fortis insurance) I am told that the caravan would not be repatriated, only the car. this would appear to be another point to get cleared when choosing recovery & or car insurance. It will also not be recovered by your caravan insurers I have checked with mine (C&CC)

This would obviously also apply to a RTA in the UK also. i Know that C&CC recovery would cover this but the difference in annual cost is over£175

Edited by TD 42

We have Mayday cover with CC and it is supposed to cover UK RTAs. I think you may need Red Penent for overseas cover.

Totally agree -- we have Prudential insurance -- and Green Flag -- but always -always take the additional Red Pennant insurance when travelling abroad -- not only for the caravan -- but all of the other side issues as well. . hospitals - hotels - tickets -spares etc etc.

Belt and braces - Gromit !!

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club