Sign in to follow this  
brianinhull

2007 X-trail Built In Sat Nav

I have a 2007 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci (old Model) when touring I find the that it keeps telling about roundabouts and other roads that changed a least a few year ago.

Asked at last service if new CD was available (mines dated 2005 version) was informed that bi had latest and to check again at next service. Does anyone no how often and where you can get updated CD.

Considering trip to France end of May so up dated information needed asap.

Brianinhull :huh:

An update costs £300+. Cheaper to buy a TomTom!

I've seen discs for sale of ebay, and via various Nissan forums. Not sure of the heritage of these discs though!

Seriously though we have a 06 reg XT columbia with the sat nav and have not found too many issues with new roads, this includes one run last eatser to Paris, and a run in the summer to Provence. UK wise been around many parts of the north of england without too many problems. Certainly nothing that some local knowledge or signpost reading can't solve.

Factory fit satnav's are notoriously expensive to update and are generally not as flexible as portables for downloading poi's etc. They are also sometimes very poorly positioned - I'm thinking of the system in my friends Merc C class, the display is far too low in the centre column.

I travel many, many miles on UK roads in the course of my work, it never ceases to amaze me how many upmarket cars I see with a portable satnav attached to their windscreens. Mercs, BMW's etc, etc, cars at £30k, £40k and more and so often with a TomTom or a Garmin hanging off the windscreen. I have a suspicion that downloadable speed cameras databases may have something to do with these choices.

I've been a TomTom user for over four years, I have recently test driven a number of cars with built in satnav and found the built in systems to be quite inflexible. My choice of new car would offer built in satnav for a cost of £1500 or more, there is no way I would choose that option.

I'm afraid if I had a car with built in satnav I would not pay for updated discs, I would buy a portable satnav instead.

I've got the 2006 X Trail model and I find the sat nav very poor especially not having post code search and several places I've wanted not on it.

More often than not I borrow my wife's TomTom - far superior IMHO !

Bill

Thanks everyone for the advice, looks like I will have to buy sat nav :o or ask son to give me my Navman back :) . JonathanM I could'nt get weblink to work.

Kind regards

Brianinhull

Yeah, for some reason that site is down at the moment.

My 2005 built in unit stopped working last February, message 'disc error' displays on screen. However the last service carried out by the Nissan dealer revealed that the disc is o. k. but the unit is faulty, estimates from £600 to sort out. The receptionist told me to save my money and buy a TomTom which I duly did. Apart from having a smaller screen it's the best alternative. Maps can be updated on line so I have the very latest information. The fitted Nissan screen is an ideal location to stick the Tom Tom suction device so my windscreen stays clear. The car still runs tows ok so no reason to change just yet.

Thanks for the reply and Happy 60 birthday, think I,ll slow down a bit and let you catch up :o .

Enjoy

Regards

Brianinhull