2009 Conqueror Control Panel

Twiggy1953

We are new to caravanning and have just bought a new Conqueror, but we don't understand when we have to use the car battery button on the control panel. We understand that it has to be on "van" when towing so the fridge will work, but what is the "car" button for? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find the answer in the handbook.

Hi,

The button, with the picture of the car, is used to connect the tow car to the van, and use the engine battery as a power source. It is designed for use if you are not on mains hook-up, and your leisure battery is flat, but you need power.

Obviously, drawing from your engine battery for long periods is not advised, in case you flatten the battery and become stuck without a tow vehicle. It should be detailed in you handbook, from Page 54.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Edited by SwiftGroup

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Hi,

The button, with the picture of the car, is used to connect the tow car to the van, and use the engine battery as a power source. It is designed for use if you are not on mains hook-up, and your leisure battery is flat, but you need power.

Obviously, drawing from your engine battery for long periods is not advised, in case you flatten the battery and become stuck without a tow vehicle. It should be detailed in you handbook, from Page 54.

I hope that helps.

Ash

Thankyou for the prompt reply Ash. I said it was probably a stupid question. I have read the manual on control panels but what I couldn't figure out from the instructions was under what circumstances we would use the car battery button. thanks for clarifying. It probably won't be my last stupid question.

Not a stupid question at all, everyone needs clarification sometimes. We are around most of the time, so ask away. Just to add, you can also use the "CAR" button to charge the engine battery, when on mains hook up, just in case.

Hope you enjoy your new Conqueror.

Ash

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks