Motor Mover

caravanstu

Just bought a Bailey Senator Carolina 2006 and with it being a big heavy van was wondering what expirences members have with motor movers as I'm considerind having one fitted. :)

2014 SsangYong Turismo ES tugging
Compass Kensington 866 2017 Bailey Senator Carolina S5 with Powrtouch 4 AWD
Wife, Daughter and 2 Sons and a dog called Meg

Just bought a Bailey Senator Carolina 2006 and with it being a big heavy van was wondering what expirences members have with motor movers as I'm considerind having one fitted. :)

Hi caravanstu

I've got the same van with a Truma TE mover fitted. Unless you are very confident reversing then I think a mover is a must. The only issue I have with mine is that the van battery has to be in tip top condition or the mover stops working on one side. Unless your are Arnold Schwarzenegger with a buddy to help you will find this van is too heavy to move by hand without doing your back in (I've done it).

Sean

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

I have just had a secondhand truma fitted at the house and demonstrated for £550 with 18 monthe warranty and I tell you I dont know how the hell we ever managed without one you can make the smallest movement ever to get your van close to the fence brilliant :D

towing with Mitsubishi delica and Elddis Avante Club 524 2008

I started out with nothing and Ive still got some of it left

I have a Truma mover and would never contemplate having a van without one. One thing to remember is when you get it fitted make sure your tyres are at the correct manufacturers pressure. I had an experience with Discoverleasure (Barrons) where,during a service they inflated the tyres to 52 psi (taken from their own records) even though the correct pressure as recommended by the caravan manufacturer was 42 psi. As a consequence I found it impossible to engage the motor mover until I had deflated the tyres to the correct pressure (that being the pressure used at the time of fitting the mover). I have also found that if you allow your tyre pressure to drop this can result in the mover roller losing a bit of purchase on the tyre. Other than that I have not experienced any problem.

Hi Stu

We have the Bailey Pageant Series 7 Limousin Twin Axle 25. 8ft. MTPLM 1589Kg. We have a Powrtouch 3 fitted just to the rear axle and it is invaluable. Caravan is in storage and it is a dream to get in and out. Would not be without it.

Also from Manchester too.

Roy B

Roy & Rita

Bailey Unicorn Barcelona 1 with Power Touch 4 wheel mover (February 2012) - Mercedes E320 CDI Avantgarde Auto V6 Estate

i have a truma fitted tomy van and its the best thing since sliced bread :rolleyes:

2014 swift elegance 570 pulled along with a BMW X5 M Sport

Our van has a MTPLN of 2000kg and since September 2005 it's been fitted with the twin axle Reich Move Control. I cannot vouch for their after sales support as I have never had to use it.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

what it boils down to is --- that if you have a mover -- what ever make it is a bl**y good bit of kit. .

wouldn't be without my Truma mover

but others are equally as good. .

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

After five years of caravanning, we've just had a Powrtouch 3 mover fitted, and it's wonderful! Not just the lack of mauling, but things like being able to put it back into staorage and get safely to within a couple of inches of the back of the next van. One tip, as it's such an expensive item - we could have got away with the smaller model but had the next one up so if we change the van to a bigger one we could keep the mover.

Jonathan.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

Hi all.

We have a Truma TE mover fitted to our Heritage ES6 and must say although i have only used it once it worked fantastic and we may have been in trouble with out it.

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

Hi, I purchased new Bailey Senator Indiana last year its a lot bigger than my abbey which I'd had for about 7 year and struggled to get onto drive, thought I'd treat myself to a mover best move I have ever made, well worth it. No more hoping the family are around when I get home, its a breeze. Go ahead and go for the easy life. Willybob

Hi, not sure whether to jump on this thread or start a new one. ..but here goes.

I will be taking delivery of my first Twin axle van soon and will invest in a twin mover. At home we need to turn the van 90 degrees to get it across the garden. (Previous single axle van with Carver mover was no problem)

I understand the issues with turning a twin axle and have seen a video of a Reich Twin rotating in length of van + meter or so. - OK, so it shuffles backwards, turns, shuffle forward etc, but for me it would do the job I want.

I like the idea of the Powrtouch twin, but so far no one has managed to tell me if I could use it to turn the van in the same confines. I am told tha at least two van lengths are required - but isn't this just letting the Mover make a turn without any shuffling ?

Can anyone comment whether the Powrtouch (Twin) can peform a (tightish) turn through the method described above

Thanks,

Treg

Hi, not sure whether to jump on this thread or start a new one. ..but here goes.

I will be taking delivery of my first Twin axle van soon and will invest in a twin mover. At home we need to turn the van 90 degrees to get it across the garden. (Previous single axle van with Carver mover was no problem)

I understand the issues with turning a twin axle and have seen a video of a Reich Twin rotating in length of van + meter or so. - OK, so it shuffles backwards, turns, shuffle forward etc, but for me it would do the job I want.

I like the idea of the Powrtouch twin, but so far no one has managed to tell me if I could use it to turn the van in the same confines. I am told tha at least two van lengths are required - but isn't this just letting the Mover make a turn without any shuffling ?

Can anyone comment whether the Powrtouch (Twin) can peform a (tightish) turn through the method described above

Thanks,

Treg

treg,have a powertouch twin mover fitted to a Coachman twin axle. Great turning circle using the "shuffel method" dont recomend trying the turns in one movement as the strain on the non revolving wheels is too great but can honestly say great piece of kit regards O>V>M