Water Inlet Problem

X-Bob

Sorry if you have read this before, but I thought I'd give it one last chance and post it here in the hope that someone would know.

We have a Swift with a "Truma Crystal Compact" water inlet. Just recently the Inlet has started to Outlet when the pump and water system is not connected i. e. when sitting on the drive at home, and possibly when connected to the Aquaroll, but I can't see that so easily.

I just wondered if there is a one-way valve in the system which is designed to prevent water escaping from the hot tank? And if so, is it easy to change or repair?

Gary (Arc Systems) has answered with this:

"The Compacts NRV is in the outlet stem from it, where the cold water pipe inside connects.

If your van has semi rigid pipework the the connection fittings don't use pressure to seal and therefore don't cause a problem, however, if hose clamped with jubilee clips, the clamping pressure can cause the stem to distort and jam the NRV open or shut."

However, I have been unable to source the Non Return Valve.

Can anyone help please?

There is not a replacement NRV .

It is built in to the inlet and if faulty the complete unit has to be replaced.

Bob,

As has been said, the non-return valve is part of the inlet, and cannot be replaced separately.

Thanks,

Ash

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

i beg to differ albeit its not a part you can buy, you can replace it, from another housing just by removing the small black o ring, then the valve body and spring will come out, its possible the spring is weak and wont allow enough pressure to seal properly

Bob if you PM me your address i'll send you one F O C

For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem, this is the reply from Truma:

TRUMA

Park Lane, Dove Valley Park

Foston, Derbyshire, DE65 5BG

Truma Service/Technical 01283 586020

Lines open 8. 30am - 5. 00pm Mon - Thur, 8. 30am - 1. 30pm Fri

Dear sir,

The part number for the non-return valve is 40060-60700. If this does not fit properly, you would need to fit a new housing (part no. 46500-22). Your dealer should be able to supply this as well as the mastic you require.

Yours faithfully

Andrew Currie

Service engineer

i beg to differ albeit its not a part you can buy, you can replace it, from another housing just by removing the small black o ring, then the valve body and spring will come out, its possible the spring is weak and wont allow enough pressure to seal properly

Bob if you PM me your address i'll send you one F O C

????????????? im Steve LOL

You don't say how much water is exiting. There's more than a drop or two between the inlet and the non-return valve and this will inevitably run out when the pipe is disconnected.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

When on the drive at home, after a trip away, it will eventually empty the hot tank - albeit very slowly.

Do you open the taps? It will then drain more quickly.

Mike

Sorry if I am missing some little joke here - but I don't want it to drain away, so why should I open the taps Mike?? :rolleyes:

Sorry I misunderstood, I thought you meant draining the Ultrastore - you mean it dribbles out of the Truma Compact.

However, it is not recommended that you travel with a full Ultrastore as the 10Kg can loosen the mounting screw.

Mike