Next Question - Vodafone & Lg Viewty

Hi - thinking this might be better than a dongle long term for me.

Vodafone on contract are doing £10 month on a 24 month contract with an LG Viewty phone and you can get broadband packages for either £5. 00 month if it is taken with the contract, or £7. 50 month if it is payg for the broadband data part. That's cheaper than what I spend on payg for my current phone so worth thinking about for that alone.

Im wondering if anyone else has tried this package and phone, and if the internet functions using the mobile broadband and the viewty are good enough to replace taking a laptop on holiday considering most of the time it is just for browsing and emails when away.

Might be a silly question but just anyone using mobile broadband on a mobile phone might be a good indicator as well.

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

Guest John KS

I have got an I-phone which works well if you are in a good o2 area. One of the problems si the reception at out of the way sites.

I can get onto BTopenzone for free or log onto any wi-fi. I won't pay for wi-fi at club sites.

It has saved me taking the laptop.

I've had the LG Viewty for over a year now and am with T Mobile. I pay extra to be able to use the phone as a modem to go on line with my laptop. It works and I can get on line. Recently though I was able to compare the speed with a dongle and the dongle was much faster - I dont know why.

As for the Viewty - cant wait to get shot of it. Had a problem with it for months now, it just turns itself of, even if I leave in fully charged on a table without being moved. Its really annoying especially if I'm waiting for a call. When my contract is up I will go for the iphone and probably a PAYG mobile broadband dongle.

Regards

NRF

Oh thats a shame NRF I was hoping the viewty on vodafone would tick most of my boxes considering I can use bt openzone as well out and about. I didn't want to use it as a laptop modem, but more as stand alone for some sites and for emails. Maybe thats asking too much though.

John - I like the idea of an I Phone but the cost puts me off as does the network. I don't need a contract at £35 + a month so that would be a waste of money.

Guest John KS
Oh thats a shame NRF I was hoping the viewty on vodafone would tick most of my boxes considering I can use bt openzone as well out and about. I didn't want to use it as a laptop modem, but more as stand alone for some sites and for emails. Maybe thats asking too much though.

John - I like the idea of an I Phone but the cost puts me off as does the network. I don't need a contract at £35 + a month so that would be a waste of money.

Sold my old phone for the same price as the I-phone. I use mine for all my calls so save on BT's phone bill. Mine is £30 a month with unlimited internet.

Edited by John KS

Ah - now i understand John. One phone covers all - that would be so nice to achieve. We need landline as we have three boys, husband and myself and we all like to use computers so sometimes there are 3 of us on at once so we have to have the hard connection for only one charge at home. I hate our BT bill - its a huge rip off for their phone lines but unfortunately we ended up with fibre optic lines so can't move to any of the cheap suppliers and get broadband yet so we are stuck with it.

Its a bit of a novelty being able to access the web on your phone but it quickly wears off. Its difficult to navigate, everything is tiny and overall its a very unsatisfactory experience

That said my only experience of this is on the Viewty

Regards

NRF

Edited by NewRangerFamily

Guest John KS
Its a bit of a novelty being able to access the web on your phone but it quickly wears off. Its difficult to navigate, everything is tiny and overall its a very unsatisfactory experience

That said my only experience of this is on the Viewty

Regards

NRF

Don'thave that problem on the I-phone.

The iphone is the phone for me. 2 months to go on my contract and I will have the iphone. Its got a built in spirit level and will be a valuable tool when setting up the van so have fully justified my expense !!!!! :D

http://blog. wired. com/gadgets/2008/07/a-level-virtual. html

Regards

NRF

Guest John KS
The iphone is the phone for me. 2 months to go on my contract and I will have the iphone. Its got a built in spirit level and will be a valuable tool when setting up the van so have fully justified my expense !!!!! :D

http://blog. wired. com/gadgets/2008/07/a-level-virtual. html

Regards

NRF

Most of the applications work but the spirit leval is not the best as the back of the phone is round!!!!

You could try shaking the baby though!!!!!

Most of the applications work but the spirit leval is not the best as the back of the phone is round!!!!

You could try shaking the baby though!!!!!

I think thats been banned now from what I read in the press yesterday

Guest John KS
I think thats been banned now from what I read in the press yesterday

Yes you are right. Some of the applications are nearly as bad as that. Others are great.

Yes you are right. Some of the applications are nearly as bad as that. Others are great.

Yes but, can you make phone calls on it??

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

John - is it still the case (if you know) that o2 and vodafone are partners in the highlands of scotland so their service should be the same. Not sure if you have taken your iphone up there to try it out.

Guest John KS
John - is it still the case (if you know) that o2 and vodafone are partners in the highlands of scotland so their service should be the same. Not sure if you have taken your iphone up there to try it out.

I hadn't heard that but you may be right. Haven't been up to Scotland for 42 years. Perhaps we ought to go again before we snuff it!!!!

Hi Phil

Believe it or not I have actually managed to make a phone call on it!!!!

Joking apart, I have found it more relable than any phone I have had. It is clear and simple to operate and the screen is easy to use.