Tyre Pressure

tallken

Can anyone tell me what pressure the pneumatic tyre on the jockey wheel should be?

Thanks Ken.

Ken.

Bailey Senator Wyoming pulled by Mitsubishi Shogun Sport.

If it doesn't say on the tyre, blow it up till it looks right . . slightly bellied at the bottom . . but as a rough calc . . nose weight(kg) x 2. 25 / 5 (guestimate of tyre area in contact with the ground in sq inches)

Hi Ken. it is 35psi as i have one on my van.

Hi,

Maximum pressure on certain jockey tyres is 30psi, worst case senario is that it will go BANG if over inflated, so as long as you dont go over the max and it does the job you want it to do, no real set pressure. .

Ant

Atom

If it sounds too good to be true-----it probably is !!!

Hi, Ken

I asked the same question of the Caravan Club Technical Dept. last year (I had just had a mover fitted to my van and the mechanic advised me to change from a solid tyre to Pneumatic) and was given the following answer (via Al-Ko) :- "On a standard Pneumatic Jockey Wheel inflation pressure is 30psi, on a Heavy Duty Pneumatic Jockey Wheel inflation pressure is 50psi". I blew mine up to 30psi but seemed a little hard to me and so I released pressure to 25psi. Hope this helps.

On Alko's advice I used to use 30 psi, but after reading reports where the plastic rims can split or shatter after a time I changed it for a metal rimmed wheel which has a 'Kenda' tyre made in China and rated at 60 psi max, but I run it at about 40 psi.

I got the replacement wheel from Glossop Caravans.