Maximum Voltage At 12 S Socket

chrisagilitydogs

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie and this is my first post> I have a Knaus Star Class 550 caravan and we are involved in dog agility all around tha uk.

I am having a dispute with my caravan dealer with regard to 12v problems on the caravan. The dealer has mearsured (off load) the voltage at the 7 s socket, on the charge pin and the fridge pin. The measured voltage is 14. 2 volts which the dealer states is EXCESSIVE. I really don't think so. ..... Any thoughts here please????? Thanks. Chris

Hi Folks,

I am a newbie and this is my first post> I have a Knaus Star Class 550 caravan and we are involved in dog agility all around tha uk.

I am having a dispute with my caravan dealer with regard to 12v problems on the caravan. The dealer has mearsured (off load) the voltage at the 7 s socket, on the charge pin and the fridge pin. The measured voltage is 14. 2 volts which the dealer states is EXCESSIVE. I really don't think so. ..... Any thoughts here please????? Thanks. Chris

As far as I know, if the car is running it should be of the order 13. 8 - 14. 2V. Without engine running its more like 12V

Kevin

As far as I know, if the car is running it should be of the order 13. 8 - 14. 2V. Without engine running its more like 12V

Kevin

with the engine not running there is no vo;tage at these pins . .

14. 2 is OK off load . . its the normal(max) from the alternator if the car battery is fully charged . . if not, or if car services are needed (lights etc) then will be lower

with the engine not running there is no vo;tage at these pins . .

14. 2 is OK off load . . its the normal(max) from the alternator if the car battery is fully charged . . if not, or if car services are needed (lights etc) then will be lower

Hi. Thanks for that. It confirms exactly what I thought to be the case. ..........

Chris