Caravan Mover

andyg

Hi everyone.

Looking into a caravan mover due to all the neighbours kids now having cars lots more vehicles parked on the street, so far I have always managed to get the van in and out although I do have to block the road take it off the car pull it round move the car put it back on sometimes, due to a slight downward slope wouldnt dare push by hand to much to safely hold it and steer. I just know one day I will get stuck with parked cars no answer to knocking on neighbours door, road blocked cant leave it here cant put it away, Nightmare ! ! !

Fixed movers or hitch type movers, your experiences and or advice as to which is best, also if Swift are able to respond 2009 Swift Charisma 560, any warranty considerations need to know about, type or brand.

Please help, thanks.

Andy

2008 Audi A6 Avant TDI Multitronic - 2009 Coastline 530 SE

Fixed everytime, wouldn't be without it. ....just look at the number of hitch types are advertised 'as new' in Caravan magazine(s).....

rgds

geoff

-

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Fixed everytime, wouldn't be without it. ....just look at the number of hitch types are advertised 'as new' in Caravan magazine(s).....

rgds

geoff

-

totaly agree -- at 70 we are STILL caravaning -- and would have stopped years ago had we not had the fixed mover--Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

rgds

geoff

-

Agree - wouldn't caravan without one. One of those things that once you have one you wonder how you ever managed without!!!

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I've used both. For a few years I thought the Mr Shifta I'd got was the cat's whiskers - but then I bought a Powrwheel motor mover. Chalk & cheese comes to mind!

Edited by John Douglas

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We've just had a Powrtouch mover fitted. I can't believe what a difference it made to getting the van back into storage on our return from a trip. It was just there when I needed it. If I'd had to fit one to the hitch I probably wouldn't have bothered and just struggled as before. An expensive piece of kit, but well worth it.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

We've just had a Powrtouch mover fitted. I can't believe what a difference it made to getting the van back into storage on our return from a trip. It was just there when I needed it. If I'd had to fit one to the hitch I probably wouldn't have bothered and just struggled as before. An expensive piece of kit, but well worth it.

I fitted a purpleline enduro mover a couple of months back and although we have'nt been on site with it yet it's been great for manouvering the caravan in the garden and we've been able to park the van nose in for the first time which i think is better for security also it was always on my mind that pushing and tugging on the caravan handles never seemed a good idea when you see how there attached to the van

2012 Freelander SD4 HSE towing a 2007 Elddis Sunstyle GT 482

We've got a Powrtouch fixed - wouldn't be without it. Makes getting the van into a narrow parking bay a doddle and when we put it on our front drive which has a slope towards the house we can position the van without any fear of it running away and demolishing the garage door, previously I had to enlist the help of a neighbour and two wives with chocks to hold it - now I can do it all on my own (so can my 10 year old grandson - he thinks it's the best remote controlled toy in the world)

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Hi everyone.

Looking into a caravan mover due to all the neighbours kids now having cars lots more vehicles parked on the street, so far I have always managed to get the van in and out although I do have to block the road take it off the car pull it round move the car put it back on sometimes, due to a slight downward slope wouldnt dare push by hand to much to safely hold it and steer. I just know one day I will get stuck with parked cars no answer to knocking on neighbours door, road blocked cant leave it here cant put it away, Nightmare ! ! !

Fixed movers or hitch type movers, your experiences and or advice as to which is best, also if Swift are able to respond 2009 Swift Charisma 560, any warranty considerations need to know about, type or brand.

Please help, thanks.

Andy

We've got a Powrtouch fixed - wouldn't be without it. Makes getting the van into a narrow parking bay a doddle and when we put it on our front drive which has a slope towards the house we can position the van without any fear of it running away and demolishing the garage door, previously I had to enlist the help of a neighbour

and two wives

with chocks to hold it - now I can do it all on my own (so can my 10 year old grandson - he thinks it's the best remote controlled toy in the world)

Hi matelodave

I have a powertouch too and it is really good fun to sit in the van and pitch it, need to be just a bit careful

of other traffic as whilst a caravan is often called a shed (by unbelievers) it isn't quite in the greenhouse

league for all round visibility. ..

Two wives? One's enough trouble ;)

Mind you given the nautical angle to your forum name and the adage 'a girl in every port'

perhaps I shouldn't be surprised :lol:

neil

Bailey S5 Pageant Auvergne & Vauxhall Signum CDTI