Heki Rooflight Cracking

As with the majority of caravans my Bessacarr is fitted with a Dometic Heki rooflight. I don't know what model it is but it is 12V powered rather than the manually operated one.

For no apparent reason it has started cracking from one of the front corners and is getting slightly worse every time I use the van.

Has anybody else had this problem ? What can I do short term ?

On the assumption that the warranty is only 12 months (my caravan is 2 years old) can just the plastic bit be replaced or do I need a complete unit ?

I assume this is an expensive repair - anybody know ?

Many thanks.

Bill

As with the majority of caravans my Bessacarr is fitted with a Dometic Heki rooflight. I don't know what model it is but it is 12V powered rather than the manually operated one.

For no apparent reason it has started cracking from one of the front corners and is getting slightly worse every time I use the van.

Has anybody else had this problem ? What can I do short term ?

On the assumption that the warranty is only 12 months (my caravan is 2 years old) can just the plastic bit be replaced or do I need a complete unit ?

I assume this is an expensive repair - anybody know ?

Many thanks.

Bill

I have a two year old Bessacarr with a 12V heki roof light.

I have no cracks at the moment but in view of your comments will keep the MK1 eyeball on the job.

Did you have a stone chip the roof light when towing?

Brian

I have a two year old Bessacarr with a 12V heki roof light.

I have no cracks at the moment but in view of your comments will keep the MK1 eyeball on the job.

Did you have a stone chip the roof light when towing?

Brian

Brian

I don't think that a stone has hit it because there are no marks on the plastic. Unfortunately this is the latest of a whole series of problems with the van but everything else was done under warranty.

Bill

Hi

Why dont you copy and paste this thread and try it in the swift section you may get more answers in there including 1 from swift themselves.

CHEERS DAZKIM

Hi

Why dont you copy and paste this thread and try it in the swift section you may get more answers in there including 1 from swift themselves.

CHEERS DAZKIM

DAZKIM

Thanks

I didn't post in the Swift section as I thought that this would get a bigger 'audience' as Heki rooflights seem standard on most makes of caravan.

The good news from Swift customer services is that it has a 36 month warranty, obviously subject to how the damage occurred.

Bill