Sterling Europa Snags

Rob G

I recently bought the ex NEC show Sterling Europa 530 via Stewart Longton which I have sited in Carnearfon. 1st of all I will honestly say its a fantastic van - equally as good as the very similar Bailey Series 7 Provence which our fiends have purchased .

Unfortunately for us there has been a number of snags with the van - mostlly which I have resolved. I. e bathroom sink waste pipe not trightened enough so leaked, front offside window latch would not locate in stay - temporary resolved by packing up bottom latch with lolly ice stick, no oven grill pan etc (resolved with dealer), no battery soft tray - still awaiting, faulty tv coaxial cabling.

The last 2 issues are still unresolved - basically I get a brilliant picture if I run a 20 year old piece of coaxiel from booster to tv, yet if i use the the inboard aeriel connections I get nothing both front and rear connections- checked connection make up and appears ok - begining to think cables have a break in them. Do Swift have a mobile service engineer in north wales area who could check out the coaxiel connections as tbh I do not want to have to return a new van 100 miles back to the supplying dealer now its sited for the Seaason.

Rob G

The first contact I would suggest (if you havent already) would be with your purchasing dealer to discuss how best to get these sorted.

Thanks

Andy

Swift Group Website: www. swiftgroup. co. uk

Swift Group Handbooks: www. swiftgroup. co. uk/caravans/handbooks

Guest John KS

Have you tried swapping the cables over in the amplifier? Our Challenger had the same problem when we had it. Resolved it in 10 minutes.

There could well be breaks. We have/had similar problems. OH found that the cabling was pulled so tight that it had actually pulled out of the back of one of the sockets. Even after fixing that, we still have intermittent problems, and then have to run a wire direct. It is the middle socket on ours that is poor.

Our dealer is very close to the TV transmitter, so when the TV is tried there the picture is always brilliant, so it's not really a good test!

If it is not sorted this time OH is going to run a new cable himself.

Jennifer

Sterling Elite Searcher, Volvo XC90 SE D5 Auto

The aerial thing could be a common problem as ours is booked in to be checked because our reception is very bad. Ours is a 2008 swift charisma.

CHEERS DAZKIM

I had a problem with a Abbey we owned the inner ariel cable centre core was protruding out through the outer sleeve obviously faulty manufacture I just cut the offending piece out and fitted a joiner, however if yours has just shorted internally then it will be hard to find, replacement would be the best option.

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.