Replacing An Electolux 212a With A Dometic Rm4213

atriptothemoon

Hi all,

My first post: we have an older van with an electrolux 212A that has seen much better days . ..

I see that the dometic RM4213 is listed in various places as a direct replacement - and I like the ignition features and the thermostat on gas.

I'd be interested to know if anybody out there has done this swap?

did you find it a straightforward like for like as far as

1. dimensions

2. the flue and rear vent positions ?

3. any problems

and what do you all think of the 4213, I wanted to go for it as it seems the most efficient of the bunch.

thanks for your time and expertise everyone

brgds

Atttm

Hi all,

My first post: we have an older van with an electrolux 212A that has seen much better days . ..

I see that the dometic RM4213 is listed in various places as a direct replacement - and I like the ignition features and the thermostat on gas.

I'd be interested to know if anybody out there has done this swap?

did you find it a straightforward like for like as far as

1. dimensions

2. the flue and rear vent positions ?

3. any problems

and what do you all think of the 4213, I wanted to go for it as it seems the most efficient of the bunch.

thanks for your time and expertise everyone

brgds

Atttm

Hi brgds

I know I will get shot down with this, but I would stick with the electrolux, as the new fridges are no where

as good as the old ones.

I have had s/h caravans over the years, and all with the electrolux fridges, and no problems, we bought a

new van with a Dometic and, after a new fridge, a thermostat, and it is still not right !

So if I could buy a (old) new electrolux I would fitt that

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

thanks very much for your replys

OK . .. so the dometic's not as good ?

that must be why I recently saw a s/h 212F go for 250 quid on ebay . .

Apart from ebay are there any other sources of s/h 212's ?

and if we cant get hold of a suitable 212 - is the rm a straightforward swap ? does anyone know ?

ta

Feel free to use my theory on this. Life has a fiddle factor of four. Any simple 15 minute job will take an hour to complete. A one hour job will take four hours. It's not rocket science. The only way to get a one hour job completed in one hour is to pay a professional. I rest my case.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

thanks very much for your replys

OK . .. so the dometic's not as good ?

that must be why I recently saw a s/h 212F go for 250 quid on ebay . .

Apart from ebay are there any other sources of s/h 212's ?

and if we cant get hold of a suitable 212 - is the rm a straightforward swap ? does anyone know ?

ta

Hi

I once delt with a firm who had some eletrolux fridges, It might worth a phone call !

The firm is called Bessacar, and they are in Doncaster and there number is

01226 758740

Worth a call !

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

thanks for the tip radio2 - although personally I am a radio4 man. so I dont know if I should take you seriously.

Fleng - I personally subscribe to the theory that that work=(ignorance/expertise)^number of things you thought you had but didnt + tea consumed

any other replys gratefully recieved :-)